Using Goddess Blessing vs. Defense astrals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Goddess Blessing vs. Defense astrals

Got a question about using different astrals. I have 4 slots available and I have Red PATK level 6, Crit level 5, MDEF level 5 and PDEF level 5 astrals equipped most of the time. Would I be crazy to equip Goddess Blessing in place of both defense astrals? It would be nice to have a 4th spot open so I could equip determination. Would I take more damage with the Goddess Blessing equipped? Currently, GB is only a yellow level 3. I realize that I would have to get it up higher before I would even think about using it. I am guessing it is not better, because if it was, everybody would be using that and I don't see too many people with GB equipped in place of their defenses. I am a level 45 archer with a BR of 50k.

yes u should but only when u get it till lvl 6+

Comment

Goddess Blessing is THE astral to use. While Mdef and Pdef reduce some damage, Goddess Blessing reduces all damage. Mine is 8 now and would be higher but I've been saving my gold to enchant my lv 80 pieces as I get them.
      Name: Phoenixia
      Server: R2 S-319
      Class: Mage
      BR: 911k
      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

and in the end GB is clearly the superior astral.

let's say you have 20k pdef and the opponent attack with 40k patk. which one did you think will be better in reducing the damage, an extra 2880 pdef (lvl 10 red) or 30% damage reduction(lvl 10 yellow)?
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

It all depends on your absolute defense value.

The higher your battle rating, MDEF, PDEF, HP etcetera the less value the astrals affecting those have. For a low level even a trash astral like Brilliance is good since it adds a value of HP that is a great percentage of your total HP - same with MDEF, PDEF and so on. The only astrals affecting battle rating that are really powerful are Crit and Block since there aren't as many ways to increase those values as there are the others. As an example I would much rather lose my MATK astral than my Determination.

For an archer with BR 50k and level 45 (quite high,) equipping Goddess Blessing + Determination is definitely superior to MDEF + PDEF - at least clearly so in Battlegrounds and Team Arena.

Comment

Too many player obsess over BR. Yes, I admit I do too, but BR is not as an indicator of strength, actually accurate.

How much MATK do the top Knights and Archers have? It adds to BR, but it's useless for the progression of your character.

While dropping your PDEF & MDEF astrals may seem extreme: a Goddess Blessing & Block substitution, usually makes you a much tougher prospect in PvP, even though your BR just dropped 3K...
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

So would it be pointless to use when GB is only level 3?

I have had some people tell me that it would not be as effective, they say the higher your defense numbers are, the better GB works.

Would GB work even better for a knight with a little higher BR than me?

This is one thing I don't understand about my astral value. If I take off either my PDEF or MDEF and add my level 5 enchanced determination, my astral value goes up but my BR drops. My BR is higher with both defenses equipped but astral value is lower. Why is that? MY ED is close to a level 6 but I still don't get it.
              Last edited by R262181389; 07-12-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                So would it be pointless to use when GB is only level 3?

I have had some people tell me that it would not be as effective, they say the higher your defense numbers are, the better GB works.

Would GB work even better for a knight with a little higher BR than me?

This is one thing I don't understand about my astral value. If I take off either my PDEF or MDEF and add my level 5 enchanced determination, my astral value goes up but my BR drops. My BR is higher with both defenses equipped but astral value is lower. Why is that? MY ED is close to a level 6 but I still don't get it.

The higher level your astrals are, the more effective they are. pointless? maybe. Only you can make that decision.

Goddess Blessing reduces the damage you take. Higher defence also reduces the damage you take.

PDEF and MDEF are character stats: they form a contribution to your BR. Determination increases the damage you deal when you score a crit hit. As such it does not contribute to BR. Thus removing a BR contributing astral and replacing it with a non contributing astral = a BR drop.

Astral value is the value of your equipped astrals. a lvl 5 determination is worth a fair few points of value. Your defensive astrals are obviously not as well progressed.
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                  While dropping your PDEF & MDEF astrals may seem extreme: a Goddess Blessing & Block substitution, usually makes you a much tougher prospect in PvP, even though your BR just dropped 3K...
                  this is true, block + GB works beautifully. although you still can equip the pdef/mdef too for bigger defense.
                  but sadly in the future patch we will have astral that give penetration stats, which reduce opponent's block rate. however, this astral combination works great right now. if that patch coming, we can just feed the block astral to another astral anyway.
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    this is true, block + GB works beautifully. although you still can equip the pdef/mdef too for bigger defense.
                    I know you (Arlad) already know what I'm about to say, I will say it anyway though for the purpose of educating the unenlightened though: MDEF and PDEF are specific to an attack type, Block and Goddess Blessing however work against both types of attacks (which is in my opinion more valuable).

but sadly in the future patch we will have astral that give penetration stats, which reduce opponent's block rate.
                    Surely though, that would be a big pointer to earning/generating a higher value of Block? Knowing that, I will be pushing my Block total higher, just to counter that effect.

if that patch coming, we can just feed the block astral to another astral anyway.
                    If you don't want your block, you can give it to me!

Comment

Surely though, that would be a big pointer to earning/generating a higher value of Block? Knowing that, I will be pushing my Block total higher, just to counter that effect.
                      i.. i never thought it that way... i guess you have a point there.
                      hmm, sharing idea like this is the one making the forum is worthy to visit.

If you don't want your block, you can give it to me!
                      nuh uh! i spent 3 week's value of wb's gold to raise my block astral! no way i will get rid of it that easily!

Comment

i.. i never thought it that way... i guess you have a point there.
                        hmm, sharing idea like this is the one making the forum is worthy to visit.
                        Why thankyou kind Sir.

Likewise, your posts quite often make me think and ponder my play style and it's effectiveness!

nuh uh! i spent 3 week's value of wb's gold to raise my block astral! no way i will get rid of it that easily!
                        Sure? I'll give you... er... let me check...

*nips to check inventory*

200 Sylph XP scrolls in trade?

Comment

Personally i think its a golden rule that damage goes over defense. So since you're an archer you want to use determination.
                          Choosing GB over def astrals is kinda difficult. But see it like this: the effect of goddess blessing is higher when you fight a stronger enemy. For example the enemy hits you for 30k, if you have goddess blessing and get 9% dmg reduction it would have been 27,3k dmg (theoretically speaking ofc). If an enemy would hit 5k it would now do 4,55k. In the 2nd case you might want to prefer normal def over GB, while the first case GB would probably be better.
                          It's more a thing for your own to decide what position you're in.

Personally i would go for goddess blessing. A guildie of mine had the same issue like you, he swapped to GB and determination and liked it more than the def astrals

Comment

Two astrals will give penetration. One astral gives block. I don't think even the new medals are going to outweigh starting off 2880 neg block in the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                              Two astrals will give penetration. One astral gives block. I don't think even the new medals are going to outweigh starting off 2880 neg block in the hole.
                              what when your block is 2 or 3x higher than 2880?

Comment

Working...
                              X