Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Using Goddess Blessing vs. Defense astrals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    Two astrals will give penetration. One astral gives block. I don't think even the new medals are going to outweigh starting off 2880 neg block in the hole.
    OK: so Block sources: 8 refines, 1 medal, 8 gems & 1 astral

Penetration sources: 2 astrals.

2880 reduction on block is what level on those 2 astrals?

If that reduction was implemented right now I still have 3K+ block... so I'm not sure why you think it's outweighed.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

correctly if im wrong, isnt the 2 penetration astrals are Patk+ penetration and Matk+ penetration which cant be used together with the current patk and matk astral? also, the atk point from the penetration astral is lower than the current red patk/matk? so it's 216 patk+ 216 penetration vs 288 patk for the lvl 1 astral.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

A level 8 block gem with level 80 soul engrave = 260 x 3 = 780 block stat per equipment
        780 x 8 equipments = 6240 block stat
        Plus 2880 from level 10 astral = 9120
        Plus, um, block from refines, let us say, 150 x 8 equipments (1200) = 10320 block stat.
        Plus 700 from LD medal = 11020 block stat

11020 block stat needed to be penetrated... can it be countered by a maxed level penetration astral?

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          OK: so Block sources: 8 refines, 1 medal, 8 gems & 1 astral

Penetration sources: 2 astrals.

2880 reduction on block is what level on those 2 astrals?

If that reduction was implemented right now I still have 3K+ block... so I'm not sure why you think it's outweighed.
          So we're turning this into a true hypothetical? Alright

8x lvl 6 block gems at lvl 80 engraving = 2880
          lvl 8 block astral = 2304
          LD medal = 700
          8x refines, let's say lvl 10 = 165*8 = 1320

vs.

2x lvl 8 astrals = 4608

Net block = 2596.

Seems like a bad tradeoff for 8 refine slots, 8 gem slots, and an astral slot.

The refine slots probably don't mean much if you're WD; if fact, you probably want block there currently. But since almost everyone is crit endgame, you'll be losing a valuable refine stat (patk/matk, intel/str, def/armor, endurance, or crit).

The gem slots...you'll be giving up hp, pdef, or mdef. That's 26400 hp, 5280 pdef, 5280 mdef, or some combination at equal lvl gems (6).

The astral slot would probably be taking the place of illusion, deflection, guardian angel, or HP (some people still wear HP astral...I have no idea why).

The opportunity cost of that block stat is by no means worth it in my mind. You, however, may disagree

That said, the new astrals that are coming out, we don't really know how exactly they will be working. I've been under the impression that it will be an absolute block reducer. There's also been different interpretations of the limited info we have that it will work like Brutal Edge and have a chance to ignore a variable amount of defense. I hope it directly reduces opposing block stat, but we have nothing concrete yet, as far as I know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          EDIT: Some new posts were made while I was typing this up.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          correctly if im wrong, isnt the 2 penetration astrals are Patk+ penetration and Matk+ penetration which cant be used together with the current patk and matk astral? also, the atk point from the penetration astral is lower than the current red patk/matk? so it's 216 patk+ 216 penetration vs 288 patk for the lvl 1 astral.
          patk+penetration, matk+penetration, and crit+penetration are the new astrals. So you will wear one of the attacks and the crit. As for the actual value per lvl, I'm assuming it is the same as our current reds, as some screencaps that I've seen have them as being available in red. If it is a lower value, then that will change the calculation a bit, but still not enough to change my opinion.

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
          A level 8 block gem with level 80 soul engrave = 260 x 3 = 780 block stat per equipment
          780 x 8 equipments = 6240 block stat
          Plus 2880 from level 10 astral = 9120
          Plus, um, block from refines, let us say, 150 x 8 equipments (1200) = 10320 block stat.
          Plus 700 from LD medal = 11020 block stat

11020 block stat needed to be penetrated... can it be countered by a maxed level penetration astral?
          I chose lvl 6 gems in my hypothetical as it seems the most realistic. That's also why I chose 80 engraving and lvl 8 astrals; after the recent sc event, I imagine most of the older and/or low-mid cashers will have maxed sc or be very close. The block from gems skyrockets as they level additionally because of the engraving bonus. It will scale even more incredibly with the advanced soul engraving.

If you want to look at a "max" hypothetical instead of a "realistic" hypothetical, then be my guest However, no matter if the block value can sky-rocket again, you will always be giving up another stat for them. Does it become worthwhile at some point to go back to block? Is it viable when your gems reach lvl 8, lvl 9, lvl 10? Or will block never become worthwhile because of the lost pdef, mdef, or hp?
          Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 07-12-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

2x lvl 8 astrals = 4608
            do we really want to equip both penetration astral tho? also, since the patk+penetration astral cant be equipped together with pure patk astral, i dont think we can equip both penetration astral if they both give raw stats. and there's also the problem with useless stat like patk for mage.
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I would find it highly suspect if we couldn't equip both a Holy Force and...whatever the patk+pen astral is called since we are getting additional astral slots, specifically for the "advanced" astrals. That said, I dunno why you wouldn't want to replace your Holy Force and Holy Sniper's Edge with the new pen astrals. You wouldn't lose any patk/crit, only gain pen.

Comment

I would find it highly suspect if we couldn't equip both a Holy Force and...whatever the patk+pen astral is called since we are getting additional astral slots, specifically for the "advanced" astrals. That said, I dunno why you wouldn't want to replace your Holy Force and Holy Sniper's Edge with the new pen astrals. You wouldn't lose any patk/crit, only gain pen.
                actually it will lose some patk. granted it's only 72 point each level, but to some people it's worth it.
                and why would we have to replace the sniper's edge?

Comment

That would seem as the most logical that you can't equip 2 atk or 2 crit astrals or 2 penetration astrals for that matter, but maybe you can, don't play chinese version.

Comment

mmm... Assuming that the new astrals are the same as the current Holy astrals(XP and stat bonus wise). then yeah your hypothetical does seem to favour the penetration.

My only query with it would be: that these new astrals are rumoured to be a lot more pricey in star point cost: as such I would expect their XP cost per level to be greatly increased too. Therefore I would consider suggesting that maybe level 5 or 6 would be more likely... Even with that in account: they seem scary...
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      actually it will lose some patk. granted it's only 72 point each level, but to some people it's worth it.
                      and why would we have to replace the sniper's edge?
                      Ah, yeah, if the value per lvl of the astral decreases some, now I get where you're coming from. As for why I mentioned sniper's edge, the second pen astral that you would be wearing would be crit+pen, so I just included in my response to your previous post.

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                      mmm... Assuming that the new astrals are the same as the current Holy astrals(XP and stat bonus wise). then yeah your hypothetical does seem to favour the penetration.

My only query with it would be: that these new astrals are rumoured to be a lot more pricey in star point cost: as such I would expect their XP cost per level to be greatly increased too. Therefore I would consider suggesting that maybe level 5 or 6 would be more likely... Even with that in account: they seem scary...
                      Yeah, I'm making some pretty big assumptions...I feel like I need to when the basis for all this is rumor, speculation, and some not very well translated screenies from China.

And they do seem scary...and I will welcome them with open arms. Nerf the knight's blockheal. Nerf nerf nerf. #04
                      Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 07-12-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Doesn't anyone have information how the "rules" of these astrals are? by rules = can you equip 2 penetration? can you equip Patk/Matk/crit+penetration if you have one of the "singles"? would be highly helpful, if we all should just go crit now, and start working, or if EWD still is a viable build when these astrals comes.

Comment

Holy ****, what can of worms did I open up? Good grief, why does this game have to be so complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                            Holy ****, what can of worms did I open up? Good grief, why does this game have to be so complicated?
                            It's not complicated, people make it complicated.

Comment

is that adv. astral is for lvl 80 only?
                              Class:ARCHER (Playing on US West Coast)
                              IGN:BrokenArrow
                              Level:64 (Camping)
                              RFCamping: Dont have much time
                              Battle Rating:100k+ and counting
                              Sylph:Purple Gaia

Comment

Originally posted by wartunekramevets View Post
                                is that adv. astral is for lvl 80 only?
                                yes only for adv 80 so campers won't have a chance to get it

oh wait if you are lvl 80 camper then that's another story XD
                                SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                                IGN: Kimwong
                                CLASS: Knight
                                PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                                BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                                Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Working...
                                X