Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

New Classification of game - P2Compete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Classification of game - P2Compete

We all know F2P (Free to play) and P2W (Pay to Win), but we're beginning to see the evolution of 2 new acronyms P2C (Pay to Compete) and F2C (Free to Complain.

If you are playing completely for free to enjoy a game, why would you ever complain? Answer: Because you feel like you need to P2C. This is not what you/we expect when we think of F2P, so naturally you want to complain. The game developers should adjust the game from a F2Complain to a design of F2Compete. Why? Because they will make more money and more people will enjoy the game.

Now I'm not suggesting that a fully free player should be able to compete with a heavy casher by any means, but there are ways in Wartune to make a better experience for the light casher and free players. A few small ways, make gear at lvl 60+ start refinement stats with a min 6 and max 10. Increase the rewards in Jewel Hunt by lowering the 3rd tier to 1000 and increase the fate stone drop numbers. Allow unbound balen to be used to purchase the catacombs 25 balen boxes and reduce it to 15 balen instead (adjust rewards if needed). And lastly, for now, there is technology to scale bosses and mobs hp based on player strength. Utilize this to keep people in content to get current rewards, keeping those players active instead of quitting.These ideas of course have reasons why they would work but im sure there is already a TLDR viewer out there already. So i'll stop there.

Reiterating, when the games shifts to a P2Compete, you will lose more players. F2Compete will move your game forward, grow it and generate more revenue and of course fun competition for the players. You don't have to GIVE players free stuff to win, you have to make them feel like they're getting what they need to compete.
    Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
    Guild: Paradox
    Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
    Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
    80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
    80 Venus - Precision 113k br
    80 Gaia - Judgenjury
    80 Medusa - Backdraft

Background: 106k br Archer, Sky Trail 2(8), Necro 16, IC medal, and light casher (carry VIP/Cove) and about $10-20/month balenage. Played since Oct '13.
    Last edited by Kalyrific; 07-13-2014, 06:36 PM. Reason: correction
    80 Gaia - Judgenjury
    80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

I bought up a similar term named Free to PAY. I didn't explain because I wanted people imagination to wonder about this. Well Basically what Im saying is that wartune is no longer a Free to play game seeing that not all feature are unlockable with time like say other genuine free to play game where currency is used to speed up game play and other player can unlocked that feature into a distant future. Thus, I suggest a new concept called Free to PAY where the users don't have to pay if they don't want to but paying is required to unlock some if not most its features. Now Im not saying the Game is a Pay to play game where you have to pay in order to play the game but its a free to pay where most of the gamplay is centered around paying to win (or complete).

Comment

that really won't effect the difference between cashers and no-cashers. sure extra fate will add some br but not much. and refining isn't that bad especially pre 80 ( i had all lvl 10's). cashers have more in so many areas (mounts, sylph, clothes, etc..). They should go back to making old mounts/clothes free during events a couple months after original release. about 30-40% increase in fate drop rate. more fashion cores would be nice (though when i hit 25 fishing this wont be a problem). I would say increase whip rate but with past few months, it has been plenty high. An increase in crypt key rate will also be needed within the next year or so to allow non-cashers to get higher lvl gems and run necro more then once a week same with spec and mahra.

They also need to adjust rewards for events like cw/descent/etc. The rewards are too centered around top few and those who are ranked lower getting the bare minimum of rewards, increasing lower rank rewards will make everyone feel better about their ranking.

I do like the idea of having a dungeon that matches your strength, would add something interesting.

my background: no vip pure non-casher. 145k br, LD, with medusa. played for a little over a year now

Comment

Reinforces my point Duke, those are small somewhat minute changes BUT they would FEEL like we're getting more. People are happier, and potentially happier players might spend at some point. Rule of business #2, never rule out that your customer COULD one day afford your product. If they are gone... they can't (or won't) spend on your product.
          80 Gaia - Judgenjury
          80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

well complaing not help the true R2games earned a lot of money with th heavign casher and for the thousands of people than buy the VIP, in my served the 90% of the player active has actived VIP

so why R2games will change that ?? if they earned money montly with the heaving casher people and all this people than buy VIP account

Im a non casher full time, not VIP ever and not balens ever buy it . and this is my BR, working hard every day,

and is true if they will can increse the drop and mount of BB in the game will be a great help for all this few player than did not spent, but they wll not to do that cus
            the people not casher is aprox. 5%-8% of the total players in this game, so why r2games will worry for this ltile percentage ????
            Last edited by XiasCris; 07-13-2014, 09:56 PM.
            Game : Wartune
            Name: Xias
            Server: Kabam 21 (merged with 18)
            Guild: Redemption
            Class: Knight
            BR: 120.493 with bless and my stronger sylph (lv 74)
            Casher: not ATM (some day xD )
            Sylph. blue iris 5 stars 19.150 BR
            Playing since 28/04/2013

Comment

i failed to see the purpose of this thread, mind to explain why this topic is necessary?
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                i failed to see the purpose of this thread, mind to explain why this topic is necessary?
                and F2C (Free to Complain.)
                Simplicity at its finest.

Comment

Sure. I call it freedom to express ideas. I happen to like this game, but I see it getting run down by the Pay to compete evolution. There can be small adjustments around the game to make it more friendly toward lesser/non cashers yet not significantly impact the heavier cash players. Quite frankly the game is more fun when it doesnt feel like a huge chore to just be average. My ideas were intended to bring those kinds of things to light and maybe (or maybe not), someone will pass it on.
                  80 Gaia - Judgenjury
                  80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

just btw ive seen a lot worse cash suckers of games with even less stuff for non cashers this game isnt all that bad lol :P

Comment

All F2P are P2W and most P2W are P2C. Worst case scenario is when a P2P is also P2W. But for sure every online game is F2C.
                      IGN: AncientEvil
                      Server: EU-271+merged
                      Class: Archer
                      Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

This game is soooooo plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by R215361131 View Post
                          just btw ive seen a lot worse cash suckers of games with even less stuff for non cashers this game isnt all that bad lol :P
                          Seriously. Last game I played had a 0.05% chance of refining a piece of equipment at $5 per try from +10 to +11.

Comment

they did such actions, fate stones were really hard to get when they appeared, many cashers raged when r2 made it possible for the rest to earn so many daily, jh and fishing gives free rewards, I understood that now in 1 att of mpd you can earn more crystaloids than the 3/5 att once were, the vips can get some extra bonuses from them. We were spoiled latelly with the gems and souls and whips of which everyone can benefit, cloth refinment you say? guess some forgot how much those locks have cost in the past which we get now for free. now they give the pve sets for for a very low amount of insignia, and almost every rune which was once only obtainable by balens. If they'll do as you want someone else will come here to complain that they want more. Humans are doomed to forever complain and be unhappy, always demanding :P

Comment

In the game I used to play a few years ago, max enchant on item was +9, but if enchantment failed, one lost his item, so plenty of people kept running around with lower enchanted things (not mentioning, that enchanting materials cost fortune or were nearly impossible to get for higher level items).
                              There were of course some helpful items like the scroll, which you could use to enchant your item and don't lose it, but it decreased the enchantment level of your item if it failed. Really painful if you'd just used extremely costly materials and your item is worse than it was before the enchantment.
                              Refining/changing bonus was available only with the real cash (no way to lock stats, even with cash).

Comment

Working...
                              X