Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

roar finally passed sky trail 2-10 as 140K Knight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
    Wow! Amazing! I thought I was the only one absurd to try a crit-block knight... Most of the gurus here in this forum reject the idea of having high block but low def.... even though I said I was doing well at 69 bg with low def, it seems that no one believes me... Now, here you are, a more solid proof that high crit-block knights are really powerful.

I even have low patk, but I fairly do well in bg because of high crit and determination, but looking at your char, I will try to increase my patk more. Thank you for posting. Gives me more inspiration to continue building my crit-block knight.

But then, there is a potential problem of penetration in the future... I wonder how you will manage that.
    Salata (EU CW winner) may be a good crit-block knight example

Comment

Wow! Amazing! I thought I was the only one absurd to try a crit-block knight... Most of the gurus here in this forum reject the idea of having high block but low def.... even though I said I was doing well at 69 bg with low def, it seems that no one believes me... Now, here you are, a more solid proof that high crit-block knights are really powerful.

I even have low patk, but I fairly do well in bg because of high crit and determination, but looking at your char, I will try to increase my patk more. Thank you for posting. Gives me more inspiration to continue building my crit-block knight.

But then, there is a potential problem of penetration in the future... I wonder how you will manage that.
      Lol. Every knight goes block (a bit less adds crit to that)...
      About the penetration.. Is that even accurate? And even then.. Does knights having guardian angel + a passive crit received reduce chance + 10% less crit damage from jewels stops people from using crits? Doubt so

Comment

Originally posted by R226329038 View Post
        About the penetration.. Is that even accurate? And even then.. Does knights having guardian angel + a passive crit received reduce chance + 10% less crit damage from jewels stops people from using crits? Doubt so
        block build =/= having block

like someone said 4300 block, you say it is an effective build? no
        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
        IGN: Kimwong
        CLASS: Knight
        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
          but I see not much mages go block build, maybe due to no HP bonus from passive so need higher defense
          I'm tryinng to make my mage have block now. It's low in block since I wasn't really interested in using it. Congrats once again

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
            block build =/= having block

like someone said 4300 block, you say it is an effective build? no
            I didnt say it was an effective build..XD How can we know what's an effective build when we dont know the exact formulas of damage/block/etc... anyway?
            (Not trying to take away your awesome victory on that sky trail lvl, good job on that !)
            As I always say (lol) the best red astrals are block and crit.. Hundreds of M of gold for ~3k of a stat is kinda meh. And I do have more orange chance-ish astrals than red ones. (on me!)

Comment

I didnt say it was an effective build..XD How can we know what's an effective build when we dont know the exact formulas of damage/block/etc... anyway?
              (Not trying to take away your awesome victory on that sky trail lvl, good job on that !)
              As I always say (lol) the best red astrals are block and crit.. Hundreds of M of gold for ~3k of a stat is kinda meh. And I do have more orange chance-ish astrals than red ones. (on me!)
              ya but higher no. of block always give you a higher block rate...maybe from 10% to 11% :P

% astral effective in PvP, but in PvE not much of them is useful =3
              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
              IGN: Kimwong
              CLASS: Knight
              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Here you go again..
                1. Many high player knights, esp in this forum, are using WD, instead of crit. Their main reason is that they should have high level soul engrave and high level gems and high level everything (whatever reasons), before they go crit.
                2. Lots of 69 knights i have met in bg have less than 4k block, but over 22k pdef. (Mine only 19k, but 4.5k block).
                3. Level 70 jewels does not affect players anymore... meaning, it is degraded into pve use only.

About penetration, some rumors say that it affects the block stat, but it is not sure at all... I just hope it just works like "ignore def", not "reduce block rate"..

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                  well, the fact she was placed 12th in CW also means she is doing good at PvP, no?
                  Lol, are you kidding me, her freaking server is dead. She has like 142k BR and she's rank 8 in cross-server ranking. I have 148K BR and and I'm not even close to top 100 in my cross-server ranking. If I was in her cross-server ranking, I would be like rank 6. It's easy to dominate on a dead server. I would probably be top 3 in knight ranking in CW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ranking.png
Views:	1
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	1691356

Left = Eastern R2 servers. Right = Kong Oceanic servers.
                  Last edited by Eskendal; 07-15-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I am a mage and i have tried block, including block gems refinements etc.

I got it to about 6.2k block and tried it out a fair bit. I discovered it didnt proc enough to make it worth it for a mage, in my opinion. Especially considering the amount of mdef i lost from the gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                      Lol, are you kidding me, her freaking server is dead. She has like 142k BR and she's rank 8 in cross-server ranking. I have 148K BR and and I'm not even close to top 100 in my cross-server ranking. If I was in her cross-server ranking, I would be like rank 6. It's easy to dominate on a dead server. I would probably be top 3 in knight ranking in CW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95183[/ATTACH]
                      Cw is cross server provider activity-on r2games to be ranked in top 100 you need 165K br so ranked 12 in cw is an expectional result for her br.

Comment

Originally posted by deucela View Post
                        Cw is cross server provider activity-on r2games to be ranked in top 100 you need 165K br so ranked 12 in cw is an expectional result for her br.
                        No, she is on oceanic timezone, which is... dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisarnold94 View Post
                          I am a mage and i have tried block, including block gems refinements etc.

I got it to about 6.2k block and tried it out a fair bit. I discovered it didnt proc enough to make it worth it for a mage, in my opinion. Especially considering the amount of mdef i lost from the gems.

drop your pdef ... reverse of the knight. and u need at least 8k block to be effective. it is worth it as it blocks 1/3 of the damage.... no defense can stop that much damage. think 100k crit on you, block and only take 66k damage. Knights heal on block but they only get 5k hp back because of the cap. so now, high hp and high block and who cares aobout ur pdef gems? Just as long as your block procs, your good.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                            drop your pdef ... reverse of the knight. and u need at least 8k block to be effective. it is worth it as it blocks 1/3 of the damage.... no defense can stop that much damage. think 100k crit on you, block and only take 66k damage. Knights heal on block but they only get 5k hp back because of the cap. so now, high hp and high block and who cares aobout ur pdef gems? Just as long as your block procs, your good.
                            ???

We have no cap (for now) I block heal 7k. ToK NM is a nightmare with 20k block heal too lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                              ???

We have no cap (for now) I block heal 7k. ToK NM is a nightmare with 20k block heal too lol
                              I think he's talking about the chinese cap of 3k, which should've been implemented already, but wasn't.

Comment

Here you go again..
                                1. Many high player knights, esp in this forum, are using WD, instead of crit. Their main reason is that they should have high level soul engrave and high level gems and high level everything (whatever reasons), before they go crit.
                                2. Lots of 69 knights i have met in bg have less than 4k block, but over 22k pdef. (Mine only 19k, but 4.5k block).
                                3. Level 70 jewels does not affect players anymore... meaning, it is degraded into pve use only.

About penetration, some rumors say that it affects the block stat, but it is not sure at all... I just hope it just works like "ignore def", not "reduce block rate"..
                                1- It's quality, not quantity, it's not because 90% of users use it that it absolutely means it IS the best way to do.

2- lvl 69 is not my definition of "high lvl" Then again, it doesn't matter what path a knight takes, in the end, he will always add a lot of block to his "build".

3- I was more talking about 69 and under players.. I still see a lot of crit mage/knight. Then again, it's not quantity

4- Yeah.. I honestly don't think it's an ignore block astral, but just a tenacity (or the other one..dont want to check, too lazy XD) stat.

Comment

Working...
                                X