Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Thing called "In-game Luck"

Hello all,

Just wanted to post something on "In-game luck".

Well to start with, luck in real life is a totally un-controlable thing.
    You cannot do anything about it to change it...

However, a game is created & so is its 'luck'

Randomness is never pure in games. By pure, I mean d bound by which randomness is generated.

Why Randomness, because it is your luck in the game..

Things like astral, cards, guild blessing, blessing wheel, jewel hunt, event items are all based on the random value u generate whilst u activate them

SO in order to get lucky, u need to get a hold on this "random value" in game

Of course there are no direct ways to get it, but with some trial and error you can figure out how the randomness can or will work in your favour.

For eg, to generate randomness u need a upper bound and a lower bound, so that the variable that represents randomness can be held withing the game's data structures

This random value is also affected by your actions. The actions are of course not disclosed, but i suspect the Whack the mouse during loading screen is one such factor to generate the randomness.

I do not have any concrete evidence about it, but just personal experience that a score below 500 always seems to give me better astrals(3-6 yellow @ 2-3mil)
    and a score above 1000 gives me very bad astrals(0 yellow @ 2-5 mil)

The same applies to the event items too

So in order to better understand how the undisclosed things work here, i request every player to check how the fare in game with diff scores @ loading screen

or post any other such phenomena, that you may have noticed or felt..

From one non-casher to another

Regards,
    Randomness

Even very basic random generators doesn't work the way you wrote and it's seed is at least affected by the date-time or byte shifts.

I guess, it's just your very own experience and your observations have been made on impact of a few coincidental facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
      Even very basic random generators doesn't work the way you wrote and it's seed is at least affected by the date-time or byte shifts.

I guess, it's just your very own experience and your observations have been made on impact of a few coincidental facts.

Thank you for your reply

I just mentioned a simple random var, . eg Gen random value b/w 1- 1000 (upper bound - <1001 & lower - >0)

and as we dont know what the game uses for randomness, hence the post...

What you said, maybe true... but then who knows ??

Comment

lol wut? I should have awesome luck then because my whack-a-mouse score is always 0.

Comment

No random generator relies on your actions.
          Even if they made it the easiest way possible and used Flash Math.random() method, it has nothing to do with any client actions.

Comment

I had no luck last event (i.e. no free mount ) but just got a free apollo this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i was cursed with bad luck

Comment

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
              I had no luck last event (i.e. no free mount ) but just got a free apollo this morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i was cursed with bad luck
              a free apollo.. that is lucky.. previous event i opened 999 boxes and not a single mount and my guildie (non-cashier) bag in 2.. ***.. i asked and they said it's random. so they will make us purchase more and more and more boxes.. insane..
              “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

playing wartune for about two years!! i've never get anything (i.e red astrals, special rewards from events or anyting that everyone can get!! Is wartune mad at me? :3 lol

Comment

My luck has always been as low as it can get. Since I've been playing Wartune, the luckiest thing I think I've ever gotten has been three gold astrals in a day and getting 100k gold from an event box. I've never been able to get the main items, such as the latest mount. But, I've learned to accept my luck as a non-casher so I guess you could say I'm used to not getting anything that "everyone can get".
                  Made me laugh though because someone on my server said they were going to quit because they never got anything, opened two Imperial boxes and got an Apollo AND a Hades seal.
                  To Willow:
                  Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

You dont understand anything do you ? Lmao

Comment

I got free mounts in both the two previous events and i think i am lucky..yes i am for that events ..but other than that i dont find myself lucky being a "non casher". When i catch astra i get 6-7 misfortune in a row and get maximum green astra.. blue is low and purple rare.. so thinking about orange..it might be laughable.. So here luck is not what we have luck in real life..its the very settings of this game that drives luck..the vip casher get lots of orange astra in a row and red ones as well. they get lvl 3 gems the most from 1-3 lvl gem pack and flood the world chat.. they get hades and apollo 2-3 times from the imperial chest we get non or rare..they get gold from vip wheel and use it freely in guild skills or in astra where they wont get misfortune at all..so this game actually make u toil hard for gold then takes most from u giving too less.. is it luck?? no ways.. its just the way its settings are..how many non cashers actually are in top.. i dont find any.. so still among all these misfortune i enjoy the game simply because i live to the term that whatever happens i wont spend any money..and give it hard time to the cashers..

Comment

Originally posted by katrina007 View Post
                        the vip casher get lots of orange astra in a row and red ones as well. they get lvl 3 gems the most from 1-3 lvl gem pack and flood the world chat.. they get hades and apollo 2-3 times from the imperial chest we get non or rare..they get gold from vip wheel and use it freely in guild skills or in astra where they wont get misfortune at all..so this game actually make u toil hard for gold then takes most from u giving too less.. is it luck?? no ways.. its just the way its settings are..how many non cashers actually are in top.. i dont find any.. so still among all these misfortune i enjoy the game simply because i live to the term that whatever happens i wont spend any money..and give it hard time to the cashers..
                        Not really. Bought 1.2k chests 2 months ago. Didn't get a single mount.
                        Plenty of my friends already bought around 1k chests and didn't get a single sylph.
                        Actually, looks like you're more lucky than nearly every VIP/casher player I know.

Astrals: it's not the matter of they fact they're VIP or not. It's about the money people spend on astral capturing.
                        For example, once I get 1 orange astral per 10M gold spent, once I get 3-4 orange astrals after having spent 1M only.

VIP players get Misfortune astrals as well as anyone else. I guess, you're talking about 1-click capture feature, which actually is worse than the normal way of capturing astrals.
                        1-click capture sells Misfortune astrals automatically and it doesn't add those points to the Star Points we get, that we can exchange for other astrals. By capturing astrals normally, I get ~50% more Star Points than I get using 1-click capture feature.

Gems: Pure luck, no matter if you're VIP or not. I got around 250 lvl. 3 gems from gem packs (had 3.7k+ from Love Thy Mount event).

Comment

I think I've got some luck on this event

I havent bought any boxes and already got hades & apollo for free, just doing the event quests in the hot events lol

Yesterday I got a hades, today an apollo,
                          Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

likliest explanation is indeed just a simple ( or combination ) of random number generators....

I am very low casher (i consider VIP, covenant, and a few rune packs i bought one time cashing :P)

I have neeeeeeeeeever gotten a free mount from chests, or tons of high lv gems from lv 1-3 or lv 1-5 gem packs etc.

I consider these events where everyone can get the casher item for a few chances at getting a decent item.

This event I got a hades....go flippin figure... *shrugs*
                            logged another toon of a friend who quit randomly and he got an apollo...he was a pure non casher...lol.

don't make complicated gambler's fallacies :P, makes life easier when you just dont think about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X