Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Hide players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide players

Is there any valid reason "Hide players" does not work during WB? I can´t see one tbh and it should reduce some of the lag problems people are having. I would even go so far and say it should include your own party in BG and GB. (If that is possible from the coding standpoint, I have no clue )

I actually think the 'Hide players' option (as in cloud city) shouldn't be disabled ANYWHERE. I think the eye to hide players should be enabled throughout the game. Yes everywhere, including WB, BG, GB, Mines, Atoll, etc. There are things to do in every map without the need to see other players. It would improve a lot of game lag for a lot of people. If they want to see players in pvp areas, they can just click the eye to be able to view again.. easy.

Yes I've thought about it, as I am a lag sufferer, and realised having the option available for just certain areas would be a pain in the butt when programming in.. but if it's everywhere, it should be a lot easier to implement. Please please PLEASSSEEEEE put this idea forward to the techs.. as I'm sure it would improve the game a LOT.
    Play too many games.. a few know me as Liberti, others know me as Squishy... lets stick with that

Comment

Originally posted by R22891362 View Post
      I actually think the 'Hide players' option (as in cloud city) shouldn't be disabled ANYWHERE. I think the eye to hide players should be enabled throughout the game. Yes everywhere, including WB, BG, GB, Mines, Atoll, etc. There are things to do in every map without the need to see other players. It would improve a lot of game lag for a lot of people. If they want to see players in pvp areas, they can just click the eye to be able to view again.. easy.

Yes I've thought about it, as I am a lag sufferer, and realised having the option available for just certain areas would be a pain in the butt when programming in.. but if it's everywhere, it should be a lot easier to implement. Please please PLEASSSEEEEE put this idea forward to the techs.. as I'm sure it would improve the game a LOT.
      Well, how would you want this to work on BG, GB or Amethyst Mines? You would accidentally attack people you didn't want to?

I beg for adding this Hide/Show option on maps where you need to fight NPC, but this is not the best idea to put it on the maps where you need to interact with other players.

Comment

Coming from a lagger, I know when someone is hidden, you can't actually click them (try in Cloud City). Also with them being shown, you 'accidently click them' anyway, because you click a spot to run, and somebody will 'teleport' under your mouse.

Battleground you can just cart, Guild battle you can just attack ward or protect towers. Both these places, you wouldn't risk attacking others 'accidently' if you click the tree line. Mines you can open map to interact with NPC and collect.
        Play too many games.. a few know me as Liberti, others know me as Squishy... lets stick with that

Comment

or maybe just hide your own team during bg/gb? half hidden is better than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by R22891362 View Post
            Coming from a lagger, I know when someone is hidden, you can't actually click them (try in Cloud City). Also with them being shown, you 'accidently click them' anyway, because you click a spot to run, and somebody will 'teleport' under your mouse.

Battleground you can just cart, Guild battle you can just attack ward or protect towers. Both these places, you wouldn't risk attacking others 'accidently' if you click the tree line. Mines you can open map to interact with NPC and collect.
            Ok, if it was made like this, then you would only be unable to see who's chasing you and if your teammates in GB need help or not.
            Not the best idea, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
              Ok, if it was made like this, then you would only be unable to see who's chasing you and if your teammates in GB need help or not.
              Not the best idea, imo.
              It doesn't matter if people are chasing you in bg, they'll get you regardless if they're hidden or not. If your guildies need help in gb, they can use guild chat. You can still see names.

As far as half hidden teams.. I suggested having the option available everywhere so all they have to do in coding is to enable the option. To have certain players hidden and others not would mean more programming, which is why I also didn't recommend pvp areas disable, non-pvp enable (which wouldn't be too bad to do, but not as easy as just enabling everything).

Comment

Working...
              X