This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Skill: Purification Discussion

Soooo...Soon As I Hit 45 I was spammed with requests asking if I had "Purification" to counter the Lv.45 Multi-Dungeon's 4k Bleed Debuff (Yes at some point you get a bleed debuff that deals 4k dmg) Sadly I Do Not (Nor Do I Have Double Skill Tree, Might Plan To Buy It At Some Later Date), And So now People (Wont' Name Any) Complained Why I Didn't...Uhhh Because "I" Don't want it? Uhhh because Doing So Would Mean Basically Going Full Support? (Want Me Respecced For Purification? Pay MeFor The 2ndary Skill Tree Then I'd Gladly Spec Anyway You So Desire, If I Buy It Myself I'd Personally Go For My Own World Boss Build, my money my choice) So Messed with the skill calculator to try and find a balance, the best i could come up with to retain "SOME" PvP Activeness would be something like:

Bolt: 4
    RoF: 4
    Heart: 2
    Mana: 3
    Castinator: 1
    Meteor: 2
    Purify: 2
    Restore: 2
    Healing Empower: 2

It's Decent, But now you won't Have Hp Regen for BG/Arena/Catacombs (How It's Useful In Catacombs)

So there's The Build For Those Wanting to switch over to Purify Build while Maintaining "SOME" Fight Left With You, Enjoy I Guess, Now A Question For Mages 45+ or those Close to it and have read this: "Are You Willing to Respec To A Purify Build? Just So they Could Stop Complaining about how "WE" NEED/SHOULD have Purify?!" (People with Double Skill Tree Don't Count -.- Unless You're WIlling to Answer Honestly As If You Could Only Choose Between One or The Other) My Personal Opinion...NO! -.- I'd Rather find a Mage which already has double skill tree and hitch a ride on HIS Purify -.- or Let someone not concerned with PvP/Arena Rewards who goes for full support take that role for me, in the end it's preference, and I prefer more PvPish ._.
    Last edited by ProNab; 09-28-2012, 11:00 PM.
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

purify doesnt need to be 2. it can be 1 for 45 mp dungeon. i have it on 1 in my 2nd skill tree (full heals/support build with lv5 bolt, no rof) pretty good build here if you cant buy 2nd skill tree, point left over from purify 1 can go into RoF 5, your choice really..

as for the question, I'd respec to this build for it IF i cant find any mage with purify that can run in our core group
    Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Originally posted by R23078284 View Post
      purify doesnt need to be 2. it can be 1 for 45 mp dungeon. i have it on 1 in my 2nd skill tree (full heals/support build with lv5 bolt, no rof) pretty good build here if you cant buy 2nd skill tree, point left over from purify 1 can go into RoF 5, your choice really..

as for the question, I'd respec to this build for it IF i cant find any mage with purify that can run in our core group
      Love The Honesty, And Yeah Forgot that Bleed is Only "1" Effect -.- For Some Reason I Kept In Mind that lv.50+ Cata Boss so figured what the hell, let's make it 2, and eventually 3 by 50 so we can just knock'em all out -.- this build was mainly for lv.3 Purify if someone is willing to, but It's as you said, They Need only one and they can use that extra point however they see fit! Thx for Clarifying that, much appreciated <3
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Purification doesn't work in Cata, it doesn't remove the -50% debuff. Unless Lv2 works but doesn't say in its skill description (doesn;t change, just less rage cost) The bleed only affects 2 players each time the boss casts it. Blessed Light would be very nice for the 45 boss as well, helps a ton. I'd imagine that the "normal" non cash mages will need Blessed.

Comment

Purification doesn't work in Cata, it doesn't remove the -50% debuff. Unless Lv2 works but doesn't say in its skill description (doesn;t change, just less rage cost) The bleed only affects 2 players each time the boss casts it. Blessed Light would be very nice for the 45 boss as well, helps a ton. I'd imagine that the "normal" non cash mages will need Blessed.
          I've Never had or ever placed a Point in purification, Simply people saying it works and supposedly Mages "Need" it for Cata -.- (personally didn't bother wit it and stood with what i felt comfortable with)
          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

well i got it for my 2nd skill cuz i wanted a full support tree for fun and if needed reasons... tried purify didnt work in cata

Comment

well i got it for my 2nd skill cuz i wanted a full support tree for fun and if needed reasons... tried purify didnt work in cata
              Any lv. Wouldn't work right?
              'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Yep. Description for Lv2 doesnt change, just less rage cost. Haven't tested it yet though

Comment

Yep. Description for Lv2 doesnt change, just less rage cost. Haven't tested it yet though
                  Get back to me tomorrow if ya end up testing it (btw it removes "X" Random Boss deals a total of 4, 50% - pdef/mdef/patk/matk see if you get less? ._.
                  'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                  X