Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Goddess Blessing + Block + Enhanced Illusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goddess Blessing + Block + Enhanced Illusion

I apologize if this post is already out there, the search function is not working here.

Q: Can anyone speak about Enhanced Illusion and if it stacks in any way with Block and/or Goddess Blessing?

Thanks!
    ~ Never argue with an Idiot... they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! ~

how do you imagine it to stack?
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

I'm thinking that between block and dodge, you have less damage or no damage (1 point). Do they work together and is Enhanced Illusion a worthy astral to add?
      ~ Never argue with an Idiot... they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience! ~

Comment

well it would be less damage if used together but dodge's trigger rate would't be that high unlike block, goddess blessing would stack (although i'm not sure) as it would cut down the atk by a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonote View Post
          Q: Can anyone speak about Enhanced Illusion and if it stacks in any way with Block and/or Goddess Blessing?

Thanks!
          They stack, but having one or the other or both, won't increase eithers effectiveness.

Goddess Blessing will always reduce damage.

Block will always give you a chance to dodge.

If you dodge, the damage that you take after the dodge will have been goddess blessed.

Originally posted by Dragonote View Post
          I'm thinking that between block and dodge, you have less damage or no damage (1 point). Do they work together and is Enhanced Illusion a worthy astral to add?
          The stat 'Block' increases your chance to dodge, which reduces the damage by (a peer agreed) 25%.

Illusion allows you a chance to completely dodge an entire hit (bar 1 point of damage).

AFAIK, the two system dodge systems are completely separate from one another.

Illusion is a difficult astral for me to comment on: In all my testing, it has failed miserably to impress me. Other players swear by it.
          Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 07-17-2014, 04:32 PM.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

You can block and have illusion proc at the same time, but it'll merely be a blocked "1" same as a crit "1".

Comment

Thanks Ginger! Is there a percentage table that anyone has made or know of?

Say:
              Block 1,000 10% effective
              Block 1,500 15% effective... etc. (just bogus numbers for an example)

Comment

Block, like crit, is a mystery to us as to it's chance of proc'ing. General idea is get as much as you can.

Comment

Illusion, Block and Goddess Blessing do all work together, and do so VERY WELL. Throw Deflection in that mix and your a random case of dynamite!
                  Name: Phoenixia
                  Server: R2 S-319
                  Class: Mage
                  BR: 911k
                  Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                  Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Personally if you're not a Knight, you don't really need Block astral, swap that for Deflection instead.

Illusion + Deflection + Goddess Blessing is better for survival.

I used to have 3000 Block at level 65, but I swap it for Illusion, best choice I made.

currently have 980 Block, and it still block around the same amount as when I used to have 3000 Block.

All the while having a chance to only get hit for 1 damage from any attack.

I don't have both Illusion + Deflection equipped, however I heard that they can stack effects and work.

Such as you don't reflect "1" damage, but you reflect the damage you're suppose to have taken before Illusion procs.

So you take in 1 damage, but still reflect back something like 7000 damage.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                      Personally if you're not a Knight, you don't really need Block astral, swap that for Deflection instead.

Illusion + Deflection + Goddess Blessing is better for survival.

I used to have 3000 Block at level 65, but I swap it for Illusion, best choice I made.

All the while having a chance to only get hit for 1 damage from any attack.

I don't have both Illusion + Deflection equipped, however I heard that they can stack effects and work.

Such as you don't reflect "1" damage, but you reflect the damage you're suppose to have taken before Illusion procs.

So you take in 1 damage, but still reflect back something like 7000 damage.

I tend to disagree. Block is critical for a knight's survival due to the heal we get. I can guarantee that with a higher block rating you'll live longer than with illusion.
                      Knight - Kabam - S1
                      Guild - Derpicorns

Comment

Originally posted by mattftw View Post
                        I tend to disagree. Block is critical for a knight's survival due to the heal we get. I can guarantee that with a higher block rating you'll live longer than with illusion.
                        I said if you're not a knight...

You won't get high enough Block as Archer or Mage to have it be useful

Mainly because Archers needs as much Crit as they can, Mages are so-so, they can chose whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
                          Illusion, Block and Goddess Blessing do all work together, and do so VERY WELL. Throw Deflection in that mix and your a random case of dynamite!
                          Does not Deflection work better without Goddess blessing and block? You know, if you receive less damage, you will deflect less damage too... so in order to get more damage from enemy, Goddess blessing and block should be removed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                            Does not Deflection work better without Goddess blessing and block? You know, if you receive less damage, you will deflect less damage too... so in order to get more damage from enemy, Goddess blessing and block should be removed, right?

Nope. You can get hit for 30k example, and deflect 50k/75k @50% deflection is applied before other damage modifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                              Nope. You can get hit for 30k example, and deflect 50k/75k @50% deflection is applied before other damage modifiers.
                              Ooooooh... really? So that is the reason why sometimes the damage I deflect is larger than the damage i got ( after considering he level of deflection astral)... I thought it was some kind of bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X