Astrals and Guild skills need reworked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrals and Guild skills need reworked

I have a big problem with Astrals and guild skills. I am sure other people feel the same way. As you level up any astral, red, yellow or purple, why does the value go up the same amount each level? As you level them up, the value should go up as well since it costs twice as much gold to level them up each level. It takes a ton of gold to go from a level 6 to a level 7 red astral. Wasting all that gold and for what, a few hundred points increase in BR.

The same thing with Guild skills. Why spend 10 million gold to make a level 10 skill when it only gives you the same amount as a level 1 skill?

with your logic 79-80 lvl should need the same amount of xp as 1-2lvl?
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
      I have a big problem with Astrals and guild skills. I am sure other people feel the same way. As you level up any astral, red, yellow or purple, why does the value go up the same amount each level? As you level them up, the value should go up as well since it costs twice as much gold to level them up each level. It takes a ton of gold to go from a level 6 to a level 7 red astral. Wasting all that gold and for what, a few hundred points increase in BR.

The same thing with Guild skills. Why spend 10 million gold to make a level 10 skill when it only gives you the same amount as a level 1 skill?
      in every game there will be this exponential growth when growing in whatever way it is so that strength isnt obtained too easily, also just like in real life many great things came up from small numbers increasing over time... one example is time it self only by mere seconds it become days and years
      having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
        in every game there will be this exponential growth when growing in whatever way it is so that strength isnt obtained too easily, also just like in real life many great things came up from small numbers increasing over time... one example is time it self only by mere seconds it become days and years
        most game's upgrade system have gold/item stays the same amount tho.

As for real life... your example basically goes against game's system, you're saying the same thing OP said.

many great things came up from small numbers increasing over time
        That means you get the same small numbers with same amount of effort.
        Just the small numbers build up over time, but the efforts used stays the same.

In real life, like work:

working normally - gets paid normally
        working extra hard - gets paid normally

You don't get paid more because you worked harder than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
          Exactly, although in real life is normally gets expotentially easier with time, but in the game its reversed and gets harder. But you also get bigger rewards to compensate as you progress, so its a good balance.
          They have to do something to make the game last, or it would be over pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by the-wise-one View Post
            Exactly, although in real life is normally gets expotentially easier with time, but in the game its reversed and gets harder. But you also get bigger rewards to compensate as you progress, so its a good balance.
            They have to do something to make the game last, or it would be over pretty fast.
            I think the problem here is you DON'T get bigger rewards, right??? level 2 to level 3 red astral gives you 288 br......level 8 to level 9 red astral takes many many times longer but still only gives you 288 br.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbamman View Post
              I think the problem here is you DON'T get bigger rewards, right??? level 2 to level 3 red astral gives you 288 br......level 8 to level 9 red astral takes many many times longer but still only gives you 288 br.
              then you can put your gold into other aspect, no one force you to do astral =3

and the logic is normal, +288 not a big bonus? no at high level there is almost no way to increase their stats
              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
              IGN: Kimwong
              CLASS: Knight
              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by mrbamman View Post
                Red lv2 astral is 576 br, Red lv9 astral is 2592 br. What's bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                  Red lv2 astral is 576 br, Red lv9 astral is 2592 br. What's bigger?
                  What are you talking about? I just made a red level 7 PATK and it only raised my BR by about 300.

Comment

Simple, he means L9 x 288 >>> L2 x 288.

Any L is worth +288 , but up to you if you wanna invest on it (as mentioned the growth is lineal but the cost is exponential.. )
                    " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.

Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
                    Class : Knight
                    Nick : Khine

Comment

Originally posted by Yhina View Post
                      Simple, he means L9 x 288 >>> L2 x 288.

Any L is worth +288 , but up to you if you wanna invest on it (as mentioned the growth is lineal but the cost is exponential.. )
                      That's right.

Comment

But I am talking about going up one level at a time. Going from a level 8 to a level 9 is the same as going from a level 1 to a level 2 but the amount of gold it takes to go from a level 8 to a 9 is alot more gold then going to a level 2. Why should you have to spend 100 times as much, or however much it takes, gold to get the same amount of stats? Each time you go up a level, it takes twice as much gold to get there. Each time they are leveled up, the stats should go up since the amount of gold it takes goes up.

How are you not getting what I am saying? Do you all think it should stay the way it is right now?
                        Last edited by R262181389; 07-19-2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

We do understand.

The decremental curve happens in any game i can think of, and in many other fields within wartune (enchanting gear,exp per level, Kyanite per reserach level even if bonus is linear, research and building time cooldowns , mount & whips, fate, etc etc.. ). Everything starts fast but gradually declines.

Astrals are fine as they are in that regard. And trust me, i know i ll never have a high level astral (as its a real pain to upgrade without vip), so im not saying this because it "suits me".

Astral bonuses show some exponential behaviour as you unlock more astral slots per 10 levels.

I would love some change in some astrals and some new ones to shift a bit from this attack, attack, attack frenzy... but we ll get what comes along and adapt
                          " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.

Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
                          Class : Knight
                          Nick : Khine

Comment

Working...
                          X