Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going to happen in a few years time when wartune etc is no longer profitable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    servers will be closed eventually.
    i've played alot of online games. when it's time to end, then it must end.
    let it go.

also, remember that the toons are property of R2. even if some fans managed to open a private server, they have no access to the data stored on r2's servers. except if they they illegally obtained it.
    so those who have pour in thousand of dollars can take tones of scrren shot of your toon and used them as wallpapers.. lol
    “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

Everything has to die sometime. What will happen when the sun suddenly destabilizes and novas? Boom, gone. What will happen when wartune becomes a relic of the past? Boom, gone. What will happen when Star Wars Episode 7 comes out? Boom, I'm off to the theater.
      Name: Phoenixia
      Server: R2 S-319
      Class: Mage
      BR: 911k
      Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
      Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        enlighten me on how it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand, please

the video is simply spot on

Comment

Originally posted by rangelaeyes View Post
          Everything has to die sometime. What will happen when the sun suddenly destabilizes and novas? Boom, gone. What will happen when wartune becomes a relic of the past? Boom, gone. What will happen when Star Wars Episode 7 comes out? Boom, I'm off to the theater.
          lol i love when you post XD entertaining stuf lol
          having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
            Yeah, I watch the whole video twice couple months ago and, still don't understand why people are so angry. He's just explaining how Chinese browser games market work and what the North American market could learn from them. Only bad thing I saw was when Jared called whales dumb. But, I'm not a whale so I don't take it personally XD
            He was referring to the west in general and not just North America. And he was spot on with his comment abut whales.

Comment

playing a games be it you spent alot or simply no spending is all about ENJOYING.. so the most important part is just enjoy the whole thing.. R2 have been entertaining and we all should be happy that this game brought all of us together from so many difference parts of the world.

Stay Happy and Enjoy!
              “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

Originally posted by EdGrr View Post
                playing a games be it you spent alot or simply no spending is all about ENJOYING.. so the most important part is just enjoy the whole thing.. R2 have been entertaining and we all should be happy that this game brought all of us together from so many difference parts of the world.

Stay Happy and Enjoy!
                tree hugger

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                  In order for that to happen, someone's going to have to purchase the license for public use through a private server for the language and time zone. It would be a totally different type of license than the one R2 has to host the game.

It is something anyone could do, by contacting the developers and setting it up, but it's extremely doubtful that R2 would be doing that. Of course, the game does have a couple more years of life left, if you go by the reported statistics that the developer releases every quarter, so this discussion is really premature.
                  i'm agree... yet is not only the publisher license but the R2 stored data, this is most a casher project, i've been wondering about what will happen with all the money you spend on a char that do not belongs to you, you will have a history line video with all your farest succes in game so you could share it with friends in a comunity, R2 could sell the player stored data to the players so they could use it in the private server created by all the cashers that can aford keep a server running fine. Well wartune won't be over soon yet this is a good topic to recall in future.

Originally posted by EdGrr View Post

Stay Happy and Enjoy!
                  We all can have fun, cash or not... i agree, yet this is a game that consumes time and money from casher, since all belongs to R2 all is lost once the game is closed, i do not think that is fair for the ones who invested time or money on the game, something will have to be done, i've seen one game fall and all the puisher said to players was profit reason and take screen shots of your succes.

Well i think that when the games dies wont be too much players that worries abut their char cuz the game diying would mean all cashers and top active players left too... but still make a lil sence to think about it earlier.
                  R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                  Archer Linkoneusc
                  Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Working...
                  X