Empty BR on Archers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty BR on Archers

My question is this: Is Hero Matk really empty BR for an archer?

The reason I ask is: 3 of the 6 sylphs use magical attacks. Now according to the sylph help window
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sylph.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	1753596
    the hero's strongest attack is what it used. For archers, this is Patk. Is there a Patk to Matk conversion that takes place so that archers can use these magical sylphs or do archers have no business using Iris, Apollo, and Gaia and stick with Pan, Amazon Queen, and Hades?

My contention is that Matk does affect the use of sylphs by archers. If Matk is useless, then why spend all that guild contrib on Intelligence skill? Is the +1 Mdef really worth all that?
    It is my opinion that the help text is a bit misleading and that Matk does improve the attacks for archers on magical sylphs.

If there could be a response from the developers, that would be appreciated.

Have at folks and thanks for taking the time read and respond if you do. I am seeking knowledge and understanding.

If PATK is your strongest attack, then your lower MATK does not affect your sylph.
    | GNUTerryPrachett |

| |
    | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuardingDark View Post
      If PATK is your strongest attack, then your lower MATK does not affect your sylph.
      Yes, that is what the help text states. So archer PATK is converted to sylph MATK?

Comment

Originally posted by StormcrowUS45 View Post
        Yes, that is what the help text states. So archer PATK is converted to sylph MATK?
        If it were not, no physical character could ever use a magical attack sylph to any effect whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
          If it were not, no physical character could ever use a magical attack sylph to any effect whatsoever.
          Thank you for your response. What you say does make sense but I could not ever get anyone to actually agree with that. The help text is a bit misleading to the extent that it says the sylphs attacks are added to the character's most powerful attack when it is just the opposite. The character's most powerful attack is added to the sylph's attack.

Thank you again.
          Last edited by StormcrowUS45; 07-19-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StormcrowUS45 View Post
            Thank you for your response. What you say does make sense but I could not ever get anyone to actually agree with that. The help text does not delve into a detailed explanation of the process.

Thank you again.

Said every help text in the creation of wartune, but what do you know it all works out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
              That would have been the best. IMO no physical character deserves MATK and vice versa.
              That way mages have disadvantage against players using AQ and knights against Gaia.
              To top it all, all players in BG use Gaia which is BORING.
              I really hope they bring something good for us knights soon because all this "get the gaia delphic first" is nowhere near the knight style of game I used to like.

Comment

dun think their are linked in anyways..
                “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

Working...
                X