wartune mage, misfortune talent, pros and cons help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wartune mage, misfortune talent, pros and cons help

hello all, sorry for opening a new thread on this topic, since i there were 2 more (found with search function) but they were both old and inconclusive so felt useless to revive them.

from wartune wiki
    Misfortune:
    Shortens Damnation's cooldown and increases its damage.

Level of talent Cooldown decrease (Seconds) Damage increase (%)
    1 7 10
    2 10 20
    3 13 30
    4 16 40
    5 19 50
    6 22 60
    7 25 70
    8 28 80
    9 31 90
    10 34 100

so the increase is the SPECIFIC damage from the damnation skill (2500 at 3/3)? is it the damage debuff that the skill generates(would be both obscene and overpowered)? is it pure damage calculated in the base formula (before the medallion, sylph elements, brutality rune, guardian rune, etc.) or is it a "raw" painful % applied to the final dmg of the target?
    damnation is one of the few (if not the only) skills that really does not follow game rules precisely so after 2 weeks of reading about it or googling it i cant find an answer.

if anyone knows/has used this talent, is it rly worth getting it? if yes why?

Damage increase is the fixed dmg not the effect, i.e. 2500 -->5000 at lvl 10, 10% more dmg debuff

others too long no read =3
    SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
    IGN: Kimwong
    CLASS: Knight
    PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
    BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
    Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

It's a talent you start to level after you've levelled all the useful ones and you have 99 holy seal.

The fixed damage of Damnation is pathetic at any talent level. The cooldown reduction is only mildly useful in pve.

Comment

ty for your answer kim, you are very nice and ty too yesh

one more quick question (was kind adressed somewhere XD):
        why does damnation say does EI 2500 dmg (no % involved, not bigger hits due to QTE, nothing) and i hit players in pvp for MORE than 5k? i dont, i repeat, i DO NOT have a medallion (i save to make my 60 set legend, need more shards) and i rarely use that with brutality. i mean, damnation does LESS damage in pve (on monsters) than in PVP to player

Comment

Presumably you have a PvE set that gives +X flat damage.

Comment

true, but i have only the 60 set, so +500 means my damnation should do 3k flat, so with floating 2700-3300? still far lower than 5k (especially if u assume the 5k i do on team arena events, and i dont think everyone cross server has no medallion at all)

Comment

I have no idea

Comment

EWD? Perhaps

Comment

2500 is the base dmg, not yet count the crit/EWD bonus
                  SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                  IGN: Kimwong
                  CLASS: Knight
                  PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                  BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                  Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

EWD lv7, 35% more, true... didnt think of it ty
                    problem is it STILL doesnt explain my dmg (35%2500+2500= 800+2500=3300+500(60 set) = 3800, still dosnt explain 5k dmg (on average, cuz ive done also 1k dmg on some ppl and 8k dmg on noobs) so i think it does count Matk

Comment

Might also be affected by elemental resistances.

Comment

I use Damnation in the Spire only (sometimes in 3 vs. 3 arena).
                        Maxed Misfortune talent when I levelelled up all the rest useful talents.
                        Of course, the talent is useful because it decreases the CD of the skill and I can use Damnation on every boss past 16.
                        Damage of this skill is pathetic. I deal 8-9k damage with it if I crit.

Comment

Never put a point into this. One mage in my guild had the misguided concept that the percentage boost was applied instead to the debuff. Many of us tried to correct him of this, but his english wasn't too great and he never understood. After a while, I think he figured using it on WB was a dumb idea.
                          Name: Phoenixia
                          Server: R2 S-319
                          Class: Mage
                          BR: 911k
                          Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
                          Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Working...
                          X