BG: few words about AFKers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG: few words about AFKers

I know, that this question was discussed few times already, but nonetheless I wish to raise a point again (last topic which I've seen was closed), because I've some thoughts about it. Need to say that this problem grows — if first days it were 1-2 afkers per team, then now you can see even 4 slackers. I'm afraid that the joke about battles 15 afkers vs 15 afkers will become a reality soon… Yes, there were a lot of suggestions about some timer of inactivity and etc. But last days I've detected that some afkers are tricky: they don't stand still all time, but moving a bit (but don't playing really though). So the idea with afk timer seems invalid at its basis.
    But I've another idea which should work fine, I hope. We need not a timer of inactivity, but a timer of activity. For example: "if player haven't nor fight or collecting or delivery in 1 minute — it's inactive player and we can kick them out". A period of time is the matter in question, of course. But the main point is in checking of activity. On BG we collect crystals, deliver them and fight opponents. If player haven't any of these activities — it's afker.

You ve got a point there, but we all know 15vs15 afk is not possible :P Someone is going to run a cart in order to take double insignia and honor
    Game: Wartune [Last Update: 6/10/2012]
    Server: S2- Edena Village
    IGN: SgtClaire [VIP lvl 3]
    BR: 19.262 LvL 39 4/4 Parts of Arena Armor
    Guild: Divine
    Contribution: 20.290
    If you have any problem related to R2Wartune game, dont 't be afraid to file a ticket

Comment

but it will not solve the problem but add more of it. what about lagging n such?? n what if half of ur team kicked out, u would end up loosing either way.
      this kind of problem is the same as crystal saga.
      maybe R2 can up the reward of cart. 1 cart only have 3 honor max. this should be change to 15 or something.
      so low level can farm honor too, not end up become honor food to high player.
      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
        but it will not solve the problem but add more of it.
        Explain your statement a bit, please. "More" means that existing problem will remain and it will add new, innit?
        So:
        First, which ways you see for afkers to avoid this mechanism?
        Second, why you consider that potential situation with kicked lagging user (note, it shouldn't be able perform any of defined actions for some time) is more problematic than situation with completely useless player?

what about lagging n such??
        Probably, it would be very selective lagging if it will prevent player not only from collecting/delivering minerals but also from being attacked by opponents?

n what if half of ur team kicked out, u would end up loosing either way.
        Hmm… have you played BG at all?
        It's continuing to fill up teams even after starting a match, so there are no problems with filling vacant positions.

maybe R2 can up the reward of cart. 1 cart only have 3 honor max. this should be change to 15 or something.
        so low level can farm honor too, not end up become honor food to high player.
        I've one idea about low-rank mates but I'll hold it a bit — it's interesting before to know response to current one.

Comment

Or, afk'ers get no exp/loot whatsoever. If they don't participate and attack X number of times or reach X amount of damage dealt for the overall team dungeon, then they get zero exp/loot or they get exp/loot equal to whatever they gave. So if they give nothing, they get nothing. If they give only just a little, then they get only just a little, or nothing at all. Maybe set it up so that there's a minimum?
          Wartune: Ukiah Sands
          Archer: Laliat
          Guild: Darkness

Comment

kick them !! wasting bandwidth.... or no rewards for them !!
            Last edited by R23100315; 10-01-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X