Battleground need to be fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground need to be fixed

I just got out of a BG where one team (the entire team) simply sat at the spawn point of another team and killed anyone that tried to leave. You couldn't even turn in what was in your cart.

To me, the developers should be trying to create a game that all can enjoy, not just a few.

I understand that some people are going to be stronger than others and that's not the problem. I don't even have a problem being in a BG with players 3x my br (and I have much higher br than the average player my lvl). My problem is that the BGs are so imbalanced, that I can't advance my own character, and to me the solution is simple. I'm a coder, I know this is doable.

Simply lessen the rewards that a person receives for atking people below their br. As it is, I killed someone close to my br and gained 23 points. I then turned around and was killed by someone with twice my br and lost 43 points. Am I the only one that sees a problem here?

Encourage people to take on players near their br by giving more or less honor based on the relative strength of their opponent. Problems solved.

BTW, I spoke with a GM about this and they inferred that being a camper and was good thing, and that I should just be a better player:
    "The battle grounds are set by levels while it may seem unfair to some it is also a matter of people taking the time to build up there stats before jumping levels to far in advance. Respectfully The R2 Team"

What 'honor' is there in killing people with 40k less br than you over and over and over and over and over? NONE Honestly, I would be bored and quit the game, so I CHOSE not to play that way.

Trych,
    Last edited by Trychin; 07-26-2014, 05:23 PM.

There are problem with the BR how come some one that is only 1000 br higher will take 4 or 5 times to kill or ViP will lower BR can kill You easy?...

Comment

Bump. I find it disturbing that when reading the changes in the next version of wartune, no mention of resolving BG issues was made.

I understand that this issue is posted about alot, but is that not proof this is an issue people want to see resolved?

I've read the other posts concerning BGs, and I have not seen any with the resolution I mentioned above. I sincerely believe this is equatable solution. Can I not at least get a response from someone saying this idea has been passed along?

Comment

There are always BGs like that. I agree that it is incredibly irritating but there is an underused solution: Leave the BG, wait 5 minutes, and enter a new one. This has been brought up in the past and you can see that there is always a post in the thread that says something similar.

Comment

If there were a change to be implemented to reduce spawn camping it should be like a reverse dryad if you're in the area of the enemy spawn after each kill you make. Just a though. However that won't happen people getting their butt kicked they think leads to people spending more to get strong enough to stop it. It's greed in one form or another with this company I can agree to that.
          Last edited by Valest; 08-10-2014, 01:34 PM.
          S435 Witchlight bluffs
          Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
          39k BR *Hercules

Comment

What you're suggesting as a solution, is a not a solution, it's a personal work around. When I walk into a bad BG, I do leave. I'm not going to sit and feed the dishonor of a bunch of arses that are too scared to fight someone who might beat them.

Doing what you suggest takes 5 mins of my time doing nothing, the point of doing a BG is to HAVE FUN and advance my character. The current BGs accomplish neither for me. And before everyone starts going on about that's because I lvled to fast...I lvled slower than most and have a higher br than most my lvl.

This is a very conflicted game. The game pushes you to lvl. Especially if you're VIP. Half of your VIP benefits is more xp when you do something. People in the game are disdainful of 'campers', but you come on these forums and suddenly everything is your fault because you played the game the way it was designed and everyone is telling you it's your fault because you didn't 'camp'.

Which is it?
            Last edited by Trychin; 08-10-2014, 11:12 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Trychin View Post
              What you're suggesting as a solution, is a not a solution, it's a personal work around. When I walk into a bad BG, I do leave. I'm not going to sit and feed the dishonor of bunch of arses that are too scared to fight someone who might beat them.

Doing what you suggest takes 5 mins of my time doing nothing, the point of doing a BG is to HAVE FUN and advance my character. The current BGs accomplish neither for me. And before everyone starts going on about that's because I lvled to fast...I lvled slower than most and have a higher br than most my lvl.

This is a very conflicted game. The game pushes you to lvl. Especially if you're VIP. Half if you VIP benefits is more xp when you do something. People in the game are disdainful of 'campers', but you come on these forums and suddenly everything is your fault because you played the game the way it was designed and everyone is telling you it's your fault because you're didn't 'camp'.

Which is it?
              wow you can even have bg.lucky for you we dont even have it for 3 straight day

Comment

and that has what to do with the topic?

Comment

I noticed above someone said thanks for fixing the BGs, I see nowhere in the news that a change was made. Can someone take the 30 seconds to reply pls and tell me if a change has been made?

Thanks,

Comment

I noticed above someone said thanks for fixing the BGs, I see nowhere in the news that a change was made. Can someone take the 30 seconds to reply pls and tell me if a change has been made?

Thanks,
                    I'm pretty sure that thanks was only on the servers that got the patch for testing.

Comment

How about giving players the option to vote off said players who camps and overrun the bg? Say 5 votes? Then player gets kicked out to a higher br bg? It seems impossible to get the daily 2 kills now with so many campers. Even trying to get a cart is horrific. I know camping is needed to lvl up before hitting that next milestone, but seriously when youre 20-30k br over the average bg players move the **** on. R2 needs to look into bg; but their to busy putting new events up. -1 for R2 -100 for those campers that ruin the game

Comment

Simply lessen the rewards that a person receives for atking people below their br. As it is, I killed someone close to my br and gained 23 points. I then turned around and was killed by someone with twice my br and lost 43 points. Am I the only one that sees a problem here?
                        Obv you dont understand game mechanic. Points that you will get or lose during BG depend from your current points and your enemy current points! As much points you have when you lose a fight as much points you lose. And oposite. If you have for example 80 points in you... if someone beat you you will lose 6-7 points.

The only thing that must be done about BG is team to be equal or very close by average BR. Not in 1 team there are to be guys with 100K BR (average) and in same time in other team average BR to be 130 or 140K. Thas the whole problem - stupid random in which team you will be put is rly bad idea.
                        BEYOND GODLIKE!

Comment

Separating BG on the basis of BR is unfair - higher levels get a damage bonus when attacking lower levels. Moreover it will lead to people entering BG stripped and then putting gear back on. I don't know why anyone would care about points (that you get from carting). What would help is if the pvp points and the honor you gain from attacking the same person DECREASE after the first attack - similar to what happens in Amethyst mine. To me this makes sense since there is no honor in beating the same person over and over again.

Comment

Well is anoying to be camped, a solution would be changing the 20 (or 30) secods CD in the post for the same amount of time without be able to be attaked or attack but you would be able to cart.

The system of rewards is not about lvl is about honor rank (and points), in my case when im in a hard BG i go for LD heros and get drayad, 3-5 lost, 1 win and get 200 honor 120-100 honor gain over the lost, the bad thing is when it happen to you. I was thinking that is not right that you lose 400 honor and the other guy just earn the half, or better said the one i defeat lost 400 honor and i only earn 200, we must have to be able to get all the amount the defeated one lost.
                            Last edited by Linkoneusc; 08-23-2014, 08:53 AM.
                            R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                            Archer Linkoneusc
                            Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Working...
                            X