This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a temp solution to afk bg'ers

This is not a suggestion or a flame post so if any mods around would appreciate the help if things get out of hand. I've recently started implementing on server1 a program to limit afk bg'ers. By opening dialogue with other guild leaders and starting to kick people from guilds who are found to be excessively afking in a bg. Not talking about someone who might have to afk for two or so minutes. But, people who go afk for the entire duration of the match and have a total honor score that is either low or non-existent. So, for people from other servers suffering from this same problem perhaps this means will help you out as well. This beats waiting for an ultimate solution from R2 for the time being. If you have any constructive feedback to help push this idea along smoother let me know. Send me a pm if you are a guild leader on server 1 with the name of your guild so I can add you to the list of guilds cooperating with this counter measure to the bg afk problem.

Originally posted by choukage View Post
    This is not a suggestion or a flame post so if any mods around would appreciate the help if things get out of hand. I've recently started implementing on server1 a program to limit afk bg'ers. By opening dialogue with other guild leaders and starting to kick people from guilds who are found to be excessively afking in a bg. Not talking about someone who might have to afk for two or so minutes. But, people who go afk for the entire duration of the match and have a total honor score that is either low or non-existent. So, for people from other servers suffering from this same problem perhaps this means will help you out as well. This beats waiting for an ultimate solution from R2 for the time being. If you have any constructive feedback to help push this idea along smoother let me know. Send me a pm if you are a guild leader on server 1 with the name of your guild so I can add you to the list of guilds cooperating with this counter measure to the bg afk problem.
    Something needs to be done. On S6 we were doing a BG and a player basically bragged about causing us to lose that BG because all they did was stay in the corner and didn't do anything till it was almost over. They spent the entire BG talking about pwning other players. I won't mention any names or anything but its really kinda sad that this goes on. Honestly I wish we could simply report a player in game that prevents them from entering the next day's BGs and after so many times they are banned permanently from the BGs all together. It gets frustrating when you see useless players in BGs.
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

For now all we can do is take matters into our own hands in a productive way that hits them hard. If they become exiled from the community they won't have much choice but to shape up or re-roll on another server.

Comment

Yea that's about the only thing we can do till R2 does something
        Yitien:

Comment

I also like to add that any evidence of afkers for server 1 can also be forum pm'ed to me. As to avoid any possible problems here will leave those who are guilty out of public eye. Other then that cant really think of anything else to add to this

Comment

if you kick these afkers from guild, would it prevent them to enter BG? Does BG require you to be in a guild to enter? I don't see how this can be a solution. However, my apology for not being able to offer any suggestion for potential solution... just pointing out on my curiosity.

Comment

have a total honor score that is either low or non-existent
              poor low level ppl... they runnin cart to have some 1-2 honor. ended up being honor food to strong ppl ganging at crystal.
              R2 must change the honor gained from cart.
              Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Though afk-ers are really detestable, but most of them aren't able to win against anyone in the opposing team. Let's us take an example of some level 30 character, regardless of class, who only has 6k BR. Though the other team has someone that is about the same strength this player has, fighting would just be a waste of time. Alas, their only option is to run carts, but getting caught by several players with higher BR, say 10k+ and get killed without the ability to retaliate. Dying so many times that their Star Point hit under 30, without being able to get a cart run done. Dryad Blessings won't be of much help since they're so puny to begin with. So their only reason to stay in BG is to take the reward, whether it's defeat or victory. They'll get insignia anyway, why spend their time running carts and get squished every time? I can run away from higher BR players, but some with lags can't, some can't even run away without lags. I usually attack players a bit weaker than I am, so I understand this situation. Though it's annoying, we honestly have no way of stopping them from afk-ing. Unless devs set a rule or sth to eject afk-ers from BG, this will continue.
                Last edited by DeathRiver; 10-02-2012, 02:04 AM.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                  Though afk-ers are really detestable, but most of them aren't able to win against anyone in the opposing team. Let's us take an example of some level 30 character, regardless of class, who only has 6k BR. Though the other team has someone that is about the same strength this player has, fighting would just be a waste of time. Alas, their only option is to run carts, but getting caught by several players with higher BR, say 10k+ and get killed without the ability to retaliate. Dying so many times that their Star Point hit under 30, without being able to get a cart run done. Dryad Blessings won't be of much help since they're so puny to begin with. So their only reason to stay in BG is to take the reward, whether it's defeat or victory. They'll get insignia anyway, why spend their time running carts and get squished every time? I can run away from higher BR players, but some with lags can't, some can't even run away without lags. I usually attack players a bit weaker than I am, so I understand this situation. Though it's annoying, we honestly have no way of stopping them from afk-ing. Unless devs set a rule or sth to eject afk-ers from BG, this will continue.
                  I can agree with what you are saying. I've done BGs now where I have no chance to compete but I won't sit back and go afk and watch the rest of the team do the work. Its true that the bigs hover around the crystals to farm those who are weaker but you should be able to make runs to the crystals some of the time. Unless they just go through other players quickly, you should have time for when they are fighting. My tactic was if I was going in one direction and seemed to be attacked every little bit I went the opposite direction and tried that. Being on the other side of that and farming honor, I usually stuck to the northern part of the crystals and attacked who were incoming there.
                  Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                    ya. some high level ppl angry with afker, they think if nobody afk they will win the battle. but thats selfish. just because u have the fun killing n such u can mad at ppl who only can runnin cart. hoping for 1-3 honor each, n if they caught they will tortured to dead like a slave. some top player just waitin to kill. not even runnin the cart. i even asking why not runnin the cart. they said its more fun killing ppl, runnin cart is useless. i can kill ppl if i want, but i rather runnin cart.
                    u play the game to get fun, yes.?
                    the question: is runnin cart fun to do? is that worth the effort?
                    my suggestion: change/up the reward of runnin the cart, n reduce honor of killing. beside afk timer.
                    Last edited by XrosSlash; 10-02-2012, 06:28 AM.
                    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                      ya. some high level ppl angry with afker, they think if nobody afk they will win the battle. but thats selfish. just because u have the fun killing n such u can mad at ppl who only can runnin cart. hoping for 1-3 honor each, n if they caught they will tortured to dead like a slave. some top player just waitin to kill. not even runnin the cart. i even asking why not runnin the cart. they said its more fun killing ppl, runnin cart is useless. i can kill ppl if i want, but i rather runnin cart.
                      u play the game to get fun, yes.?
                      the question: is runnin cart fun to do? is that worth the effort?
                      my suggestion: change/up the reward of runnin the cart, n reduce honor of killing. beside afk timer.

Agree with this

Comment

HEHEHE
                        well there is a permanent way to solve this

Give a count down timer meaning if a person goes AFK more than 7 mins then he/she will be kicked like in sengo
                        This who lag are a different thing also if u get kicked u end up having a cool down same as sengo in CS so prevent more AFKers
                        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

I wouldn't mind more honor for running carts, but in no shape or form should it be more than when you kill somebody. If you have a high level farming others they are stopping that team from gaining resources, and in turn are earning resources towards the win.

Comment

I don't mind doing the honor cart moving as a high lvl. I sometimes get lvl 3 gems out of my battlefield box. The rewards are there just got to work for them. Either way a few guilds on server 1 have signed up so far and we've dealt with a couple of afkers. Hopefully tonight will deal with a few more.

Comment

Originally posted by choukage View Post
                              Either way a few guilds on server 1 have signed up so far and we've dealt with a couple of afkers. Hopefully tonight will deal with a few more.
                              Can you elaborate how did they deal with afk-ers? Since really, isolating them isn't really a solution.
                              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Working...
                              X