This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skills slots should be expanded

I'm a lvl 42 Knight and I would really like to have the option to choose which skills to use on different events. I would like the skill slots to have one or more slots. For example on party arena, duel or battleground I would like to use shield, reflect and intercept but also have delphic destroyer. On the catacombs, solo dungeon and multiplayer dungeon I use whirlwind for mobs and reflect shield for bosses. Yes its true we may not be able to use all of the skills because of rage cost(rage rune) but it would be convenient not to have to change them for every event why have all these skills and not take full advantage of them?

Originally posted by Gudcheker View Post
    I'm a lvl 42 Knight and I would really like to have the option to choose which skills to use on different events. I would like the skill slots to have one or more slots. For example on party arena, duel or battleground I would like to use shield, reflect and intercept but also have delphic destroyer. On the catacombs, solo dungeon and multiplayer dungeon I use whirlwind for mobs and reflect shield for bosses. Yes its true we may not be able to use all of the skills because of rage cost(rage rune) but it would be convenient not to have to change them for every event why have all these skills and not take full advantage of them?
    Why don't you just unequip the skills you don't need for said events? I would like to see an expanded skill hot bar but I don't think the skill slots need to allow different skills. I switch out what skills I need for the event I'm doing...
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

ya you can switch during solo runs but good luck trying it with the a.d.d. players running ahead pulling everything in multi dungeons
      Arguing on the internet is like running Something... Even if you win, you're still Loved

Comment

hotbar is fine as it is
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by lance137 View Post
          ya you can switch during solo runs but good luck trying it with the a.d.d. players running ahead pulling everything in multi dungeons
          I'm a former WoW player and when I tanked a dungeon I had a good fix for that. The dps want to go ahead and pull the mobs or wanted to jump ahead of me...I watched them die. I always change my skills before the event occurs to fix that problem though. Unless I forget which I do from time to time. But let those players run ahead and pull the mobs/boss and watch them die and when they ask why you let that happened...you're the tank, they wait for you.
          Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
            I'm a former WoW player and when I tanked a dungeon I had a good fix for that. The dps want to go ahead and pull the mobs or wanted to jump ahead of me...I watched them die. I always change my skills before the event occurs to fix that problem though. Unless I forget which I do from time to time. But let those players run ahead and pull the mobs/boss and watch them die and when they ask why you let that happened...you're the tank, they wait for you.
            They were some funny times yes (Was A Pally Myself In Wow) Funny Stuff ._.
            Last edited by MemoryLane; 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM.
            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
              hotbar is fine as it is
              I have to respectfully disagree and this is why. Lets take GA for example. When I'm in the GA I use slasher, ultimate slasher, intercept, agoran shield and reflect damage. What do I drop for Apollo's shield when I get it? I don't do much damage so I need reflect damage to dish out my damage. That skill works perfect with agoran shield. Do I drop intercept for it? Which every pvp knight knows is a staple skill for pvp. What about ultimate slasher? Then I lose my only attack to hit back ranks. That only leaves slasher which is my rage builder. So which skill do I replace Apollo's Shield with? I need my rage builder, the ultimate slasher is good for back ranks, intercept is good for those pesky high rage attacks, shield cause you aren't a tank without it and reflect damage simply to increase my dpt value. I don't have Apollo's Shield yet so I can't say for certain its value in pvp but I suspect it has its uses.
              Yitien:

Comment

Can't have them all. Just make up your mind on which skill set will benefit you the most.

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree and this is why. Lets take GA for example. When I'm in the GA I use slasher, ultimate slasher, intercept, agoran shield and reflect damage. What do I drop for Apollo's shield when I get it? I don't do much damage so I need reflect damage to dish out my damage. That skill works perfect with agoran shield. Do I drop intercept for it? Which every pvp knight knows is a staple skill for pvp. What about ultimate slasher? Then I lose my only attack to hit back ranks. That only leaves slasher which is my rage builder. So which skill do I replace Apollo's Shield with? I need my rage builder, the ultimate slasher is good for back ranks, intercept is good for those pesky high rage attacks, shield cause you aren't a tank without it and reflect damage simply to increase my dpt value. I don't have Apollo's Shield yet so I can't say for certain its value in pvp but I suspect it has its uses.
                  your response is the reasoning to why the hotbar is fine the way it is. this isn't directed at you, but we can't have noobs with every skill on the bar. one thing that determines how good you are in pvp will definitely show by what skills you use. wheres the challenge with every skill on the bar?
                  Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Originally posted by MiHyun View Post
                    your response is the reasoning to why the hotbar is fine the way it is. this isn't directed at you, but we can't have noobs with every skill on the bar. one thing that determines how good you are in pvp will definitely show by what skills you use. wheres the challenge with every skill on the bar?
                    I agree skill selection separates the noobs from the experienced player but let me ask this question. How many skills does a mage need? I don't play a mage but from what I've gathered (at this point) LB, RoF, Healing and/or Suntoria and some use Meteor. That's what I've seen. They don't need their other skills (right now anyway) do they? Its not my intention to take jabs at another class and if I'm wrong I'm ok with that. I'll scratch it up to ignorance in this situation.
                    Yitien:

Comment

I only use 4 skills for general usage.. I use 5 for mp dungeons (full heal build)
                      Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Thing is almost every single other mmo allows you to use all skills and gives you 2-3 hot bars. I see no big deal about having another hotbar that allows us to use more skills. If other mmos allow it. Then why can't wartune?

Comment

I only use 4 skills for general usage.. I use 5 for mp dungeons (full heal build)
                          I see so my assumption was right. Again I'm not taking jabs at any classes or any players. That's not my intention. You have 4-5 skills you use...knights have 6-7 that we need to have: slasher, ultimate slasher, intercept, shadow thrasher, agoran shield, reflect damage and eventually apollo's shield. I switch them out per event/situation. I won't argue that point. I don't need them all for every situation. The point I'm making is what skill do I switch out for apollo's shield, which most agree is ideal for a tank build in GA. The only two skills that I see that I could switch out is agoran shield or reflect damage. I'll have to ponder that when I get apollo's shield.
                          Yitien:

Comment

I think current system is good. Yeah, there is a lack of place for all learned skills (personally I wish at least two additional spots and will wish more with levelling and learning new skills). But that's why it good. Current amount provides variations in player builds. Even with same class they have different sets, which mean different combat tactics and necessity of different counter measures. If everyone would be able to select all learned skills – it will be sux. It will led to a march of clones – the higher level, the lesser difference between players. Nah

Comment

I see so my assumption was right. Again I'm not taking jabs at any classes or any players. That's not my intention. You have 4-5 skills you use...knights have 6-7 that we need to have: slasher, ultimate slasher, intercept, shadow thrasher, agoran shield, reflect damage and eventually apollo's shield. I switch them out per event/situation. I won't argue that point. I don't need them all for every situation. The point I'm making is what skill do I switch out for apollo's shield, which most agree is ideal for a tank build in GA. The only two skills that I see that I could switch out is agoran shield or reflect damage. I'll have to ponder that when I get apollo's shield.
                              Solution: In 1v1 Battles, Input Slasher/Intercept/Agoran/Reverse/Apollo OR Slasher/Thrasher/Agoran/Reverse/Apollo (All you will need will reside in either or TRUST, if you have disagreements with this lemme know why and I'll give you my reasonings)

In 3v3 Arena: Full Support Slasher/Agoran (Think of it as heal of 20% hp or increasing max hp by 20%)/Reverse/Apollo/Intercept use skills depending on situation and opponent's you're facing, this is all you will ever need

P.S. I consider Ulti Slash Useless (Personal Opinion)
                              'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                              X