Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Duels - Viewing the ranks above you....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Duels - Viewing the ranks above you....

From my characters view, at least in the top 1-50, all i can ever see is 10 ranks above my own. No matter how many times I re enter the arena to see different opponants, 10 ranks is as far as I can see.

Now... myself and some others have reported that that someone more than 20 ranks below have been able to challenge. One example is just today... I was rank 10, and someone at rank 26 was able to challenge me and won. A guildmate of mine was rank 15, and someone at rnak 113 challenged them and won... Shouldnt even be possible should it? I know I cant do it, and others Ive talked to cant do it either.... Since I cant see more than 10 above... how do these players see?

Note - the player that came from rank 26 to beat me at rank 10, after which I was unable to see him in the ranks until I beat someone else closer. then i could see him, and he fell to me quite easily... a little TOO easily. As in.. he didnt even kill one of my troops... I have to wonder if there is hacking.

bug? cheat? Something else I am not aware of?
    Last edited by Teralitha; 10-03-2012, 04:16 AM.

luck i can c ppl at 180 some times from 200 but thats bout it

Comment

i guess its all about how high your BR is..

Comment

What happened was most likely, they opened duel page and left it open when they saw someone they thought they could beat. Then, while waiting for cooldown, or just waiting for it to get closer to arena rewards time they challenge you without closing the duel page they had open. During the time they had the duel page opened, they dropped x amount of ranks to other players. They win vs you using all their runes, or your retarded ai. End result is you drop to the rank they had dropped to, which can be quite a big jump if they lost a lot prior to challenging you.

This can also have a downside too though, for instance, if the person they attack drops rank while they had the page open and becomes lower ranked than the attacler, then even if they win they gain no rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelated View Post
          What happened was most likely, they opened duel page and left it open when they saw someone they thought they could beat. Then, while waiting for cooldown, or just waiting for it to get closer to arena rewards time they challenge you without closing the duel page they had open. During the time they had the duel page opened, they dropped x amount of ranks to other players. They win vs you using all their runes, or your retarded ai. End result is you drop to the rank they had dropped to, which can be quite a big jump if they lost a lot prior to challenging you.

This can also have a downside too though, for instance, if the person they attack drops rank while they had the page open and becomes lower ranked than the attacler, then even if they win they gain no rank.
          Yea... this makes sense.

Comment

hehe, u have a problem with wording :P

u are rank ten and yet can only see 10 ranks ahead of you? i wonder why o_O also it would be nine that you can see ahead of u lol

but i understand where u are coming from i started playing on server 19 i didnt duel until lvl 32 or so and my rank was low as heck, but i think the veiw adjust to ur BR. IMO
            Cambrooke

S103
            Guild: Beast
            Class Mage
            Might Rank #2
            VIP 8

Comment

actually the real answer is the higher level you are in arena the less of a difference in level you can possibly fight not sure the specifics of exactly what level but this holds true and has been proven numerous times
              giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
              server 164 brighthollow
              class : archer
              current level : 54
              favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

after deep freeze use arrow strike. it should work fine. if u use other skill it will not work. maybe arrow strike is the fastest casting time for archer.
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                  after deep freeze use arrow strike. it should work fine. if u use other skill it will not work. maybe arrow strike is the fastest casting time for archer.
                  ummm.....wrong thread? maybe.....
                  giving game one last chance :

guild leader : endangered
                  server 164 brighthollow
                  class : archer
                  current level : 54
                  favorite title : Balenor's Number One Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                    hehe, u have a problem with wording :P

u are rank ten and yet can only see 10 ranks ahead of you? i wonder why o_O also it would be nine that you can see ahead of u lol

but i understand where u are coming from i started playing on server 19 i didnt duel until lvl 32 or so and my rank was low as heck, but i think the veiw adjust to ur BR. IMO
                    I think u misunderstood. A guy at rank 26, challenged me at rank 10, and bumped me down to rank 26. Where I can only see up to rank 16 from there. Thats my point, they shouldnt have seen rank 10 from rank 26. That is what boggled me. Someone mentioned that on rare occasion they can see far above them. This could be a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                      ^ hahah

anyways, I think the lower rank you are, the further ahead you can see, to help you climb up in arena. and it gets smaller the higher u get of course.. either that or

Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Working...
                      X