Crit rate explanation... please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit rate explanation... please?

I don't know anyway to ask nicer. Mods say if we ask nicely there is a better chance to get an answer than being disgruntled.

Crit rate is soooo all over the board. I raise my crit rate, yet my crits seem to reduce... but i do more dmg when i crit (unscientifically retrieved). But today on wb, other than multi and sniper which crit all the time, my crit rate seemed to be about 50%. With the 20% crit bonus on sniper, the fact that i never DON'T crit, means that my base rate is above 80% or darn near it... i don't think i have ever not crit delphic sniper. There will always be good luck and bad luck but this variance just doesn't seem to fall within that.

My sample size is months long and it just never makes any sense. People have brought this up over and over and yet we get no reliable information. Isn't it about time we get SOME sort of clarification on exactly how crit works.... please?

Note: yes i know other threads exist, but the one i found was in support not discussion. please delete my post in the support folder, same title.
    Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
    Guild: Paradox
    Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
    Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
    80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
    80 Venus - Precision 113k br
    80 Gaia - Judgenjury
    80 Medusa - Backdraft

critical rate varies with battle rating, the more battle rating you have, the more critical you must acquire to do critical on a simple basis. As for archers, the crit needed for them is higher than that needed for others.

Comment

I don't really have an answer to your question, but maybe I can give a hint about the general crit problem.
      Try to film a video of yourself fighting some monster (WB) in a series of fights. Then watch it and count the percentage of crits.

When raising their crit most people expect wonders, so when they don't get it immediately they believe that their crit just went down.

Of course, I'm not excluding the possibility of a bug, just emphasizing that psychology plays a great part in this. Why do I think this? I have read a series of threads, not just for this game. Mostly the people who have actually counted noticed the expected numbers, not a decline.

Also, don't base everything on a small sample, like one boss or even just a few fights. Statistically, to get close to the real crit chance you'd have to fight a lot of fights. Possibly thousands if you got just a few hundred crit points.

There might also be other factors to consider - for example, some claim that your level and your BR affect your actual crit chance as well. While this may be true, I didn't hear it confirmed statistically or by developers so I'm not really a great supporter of this theory (partially because I don't want it to be true).

Just an example that might satisfy your curiosity (this is a wild guess that I just thought of and it is a bunch of bullcrap, but it might help you understand that there could exist a more complex, invisible system):

[LIES] All monsters have a stat called crit efficiency. While your crit stat determines your base chance of success, the crit efficiency of monsters increases it (if it's >1) or decreases it (if <1). The crit efficiency for world bosses is 2. This means that if your base crit chance is 30%, your delphic will crit 50% of the time and on the boss it's 50%x2 = 100%. Your other spells will crit about 30%x2 = 60% of the time. [/LIES]

Comment

all speculations, no one knows, get more crit!
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

I've observed a few things. My mage puts on a lvl 5 red sniper's edge for world boss and with that massive crit stat (about 1.2k) gets crits 70-90% of the time (world boss only). People with much higher crit stat claim to do far worse in wb.

My archer is upper 70s and I did notice a decline in crit rate from 90% to 70% when she leveled from 74 to 75 (crit stat 7.6k). It may have been coincidence, but it seems as though level and/or BR do affect your crit rate. I measured my crit rate by recording solo arena afk fights (have my archer use auto attacks and count how many hits crit...attacking same opponent each time since different players may have different crit protection) for a week at each level.

In general, higher stat will increase your crit rate, but it's luck based and subject to seemingly wild variations. In PvE, you usually crit less in nightmare runs than in normal runs. In PvP, guardian angel can reduce your crit on a player that has it equipped. Since nobody really knows how crit is calculated, all we can do is guess.

Comment

Thanks for the replies y'all. Would be great to get a mods/devs explanation as well.
            Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
            Guild: Paradox
            Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
            Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
            80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
            80 Venus - Precision 113k br
            80 Gaia - Judgenjury
            80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

I have 189k and 10.4k crit and have arount 70% crit rate in world boss, when i was down at arount 180k and same crit i was doing alot more crit now am faile crit alot.
              Character - Taggen
              Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
              Class - Archer
              Battle Rating -2.4M BR
              Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
              Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by Kalyrific View Post
                Thanks for the replies y'all. Would be great to get a mods/devs explanation as well.
                People have been asking for that for a long time but they seem to be very secretive about it. All there is right now is speculation. I kind of agree that the amount of crit needed increases with your BR but I don't think BR is actually the stat it's based on, as increasing your crit increases your BR. There's a piece of the puzzle the theorycrafters are missing and R2/7Road doesn't seem to want to share it.

All I can say is 6500 crit for a 140k BR Mage is not enough! LoL Working on it tho!
                Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

WB crit rate is higher, after ~2000 crit no matter 8000 or 2000 crit rate are the same
                  SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                  IGN: Kimwong
                  CLASS: Knight
                  PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                  BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                  Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Crit reminds me of RNG chance hit - miss. .

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                      Crit reminds me of RNG chance hit - miss. .
                      Morrowind!

Comment

Roll a d20.
                        85K BR | level 58 Crit Mage

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                          WB crit rate is higher, after ~2000 crit no matter 8000 or 2000 crit rate are the same
                          You always seem to say the same, yet is there anything to back up this? I guess there are endless theories, and far more rumors / urban legends.

Since i m a non crit based knight, can't say much about crits, but guess blocking and crits are pretty much related.

Things that seem to affect your block effectiveness (and i take it would be the same for crits)

a) Level diference. At first i thought it was more like you compared your block/crit value vs your foe level (meaning you would need lets say 2k vs a L40, and 4k vs a L60, making up numbers ). The more i fight and i level, the more it seems that your level factors somehow, meaning the higher the level diference, the higher the penalty or bonus. When you fight lower level mobs you get almost full time block. Ok, this could still mean that your level did not factor, but i'm getting higher block rates at dungeons where i didnt use to block that much (and have not significantly increased my block rate, maybe a few hundreds 3.3k to 3.8k, over a long time). If this is so, it would mean that L80 vs L50 should fare better than L50 vs L50, with same crit value.

b) Higher crit or block values. Kind of obvious
                          c) Passive that increase it, aka archer. Nothing new here.

Guess it would take some serious data gathering vs same thing, for example WB. Writing down things like : Player's level, players' crit value, number of auto attacks and number of them that were crits. Then doing a chart with those. But this would require quite some willing fellows to do so...
                          " Strength does not show when we defeat our foes, but when we get defeated and yet we stand to keep fighting " - fragment from Khine's brief speech at her knighting ceremony.

Server : S3 (Worg's Lair)
                          Class : Knight
                          Nick : Khine

Comment

as monky said, 6500 k crit is not enough for that br, i felt the need to increase it to 8 k at that br. I dont think level actually matters regarding crit and that statement is based on some pvp fights, mostly solo arena. I attacked several lvl 80 players, and i reached the conclusion that i almost never crit my thunderer on an archer which has over 60 k br more than me, however i crit quite often the other lvl 80 players which have less br than me. The opponents br seems to be important as well

Comment

WB crit rate, you can ask any experienced players for that, I have no reason to lie for that (at least it works to me before I change to full-crit-set knight), of course if you don't trust me ok your choice

block/crit effectiveness is irrelevant in WB as WB has special rule for crit/block rate

I don't want to talk about this anymore, trust or doubt, your choice

EDIT: for the one who want to ask my crit before full-crit-set, always 2600 crit at 40-90K BR as I only use crit in WB that time
                              Last edited by kimwong; 08-05-2014, 05:21 AM.
                              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                              IGN: Kimwong
                              CLASS: Knight
                              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Working...
                              X