Knights need more attention.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
    They patched heal to cap at 3k almost a year before you started playing. They finally got around to fixing their bug now. Go look in patch history from like 1.6.
    I`m not talking about block cap reduced, i`m talking about all other good features that China got and we didnt. As i said, they bring from China only what they want and whats benefic for them.
    Player: sunshinε
    Server: US West - S354 Crystal Well
    Guild: LostSouls

Class: Knight
    Level: 80
    Battle Rating: 498k

Not antisocial, just anti-stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
      Most isn't all lol.

I've done prelims every month since it came out and only missed out on 5 or so finals. Plenty of people are offensive, yes there's defensive builds too, but there's no one that isn't offensive in some way.

Take last month for example out of 15 battles I had ~6 player delphics in my face + 1 on my troop... which was just pointless... but whatever.

My own routine uses DD, which I prefer due to faster casting and lower rage consumption (can combo more things that way) even if sylph is a good finisher in most fights, doing more dmg before sylph and having a backup incase fight lasts to after sylph also is a good idea ^^

Also for me personally, I use purge in a lot of CW battles, so unless RD can't be purged: thank you for wasting time to pop up all your defensive skills... now kindly RIP!
      Yeah, "most" is NOT "all" at all, that is why I said "most".
      And not all knights use Purge... So I will still take my chances to use RD...
      Add to that that since only few use purge, then only fewer among them who use purge will get it to level 9 or 10, which means, they can only remove 2 buff... If agoran, apollo and RD are all together, who knows what the 2 among them will be purged?
      Last edited by Kingryan; 08-10-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
        I`m not talking about block cap reduced, i`m talking about all other good features that China got and we didnt. As i said, they bring from China only what they want and whats benefic for them.
        they dont to the update from most of the stuff where they lose cash to before when almost all ppl have bought it its as simple as that

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
          Hahaha... You are just ****** off to what I said.
          There is no absolute right.

Lol. It must have took time for you to notice my mistake. Hahaha
          Not really, actually i was the one who said post quick reply first, so i obviously knew what i was talking about, also i did not read your whole post in the first go as reading everything from a guy who thinks RD is great is kinda Cupcakelol, so i just had a flashing view of it in the 2nd run and saw your mistake.
          Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 09-22-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
            Yeah, "most" is NOT "all" at all, that is why I said "most".
            And not all knights use Purge... So I will still take my chances to use RD...
            Add to that that since only few use purge, then only fewer among them who use purge will get it to level 9 or 10, which means, they can only remove 2 buff... If agoran, apollo and RD are all together, who knows what the 2 among them will be purged?
            Are you completely **** in the head mate??RD might be the absolute worst damage / rage skill in the entire game, do you have any idea how fights in the upper tier work?? it's BAM ww, ulti slash etc killing troops, then the softening process of blood rune or timely slasher just to waste time to put agoran close to 100% mark, then it's all about who has the best sylph. Anyone who uses RD is a complete Cupcake.
            Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 09-22-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• *Mage shamelessly butts in...clearly I'm an expert on knights XD*

Reverse Damage might have been beneficial (as a sort of minor bleed) in a close fight in CW before they changed the rules. When it was straight hp rather than highest dps (if I understand the rule change, you can have higher hp, but still lose now by doing less total damage than the other player), that 1k damage every turn might have been enough to make a difference. However, I hear that reflected damage does not count towards your total damage done to the other player (neither does bleed), making it seem kind of a wasted skill to use in CW now.

It's hard to think of instances where small amount of flat damage over time is more useful than higher total damage done all at once. Bleed rune costs 0 rage and can sometimes be doubled with another skill (when timed right, you can sometimes get both skill and rune in same turn). Kind of hard to imagine knights having much use for a skill that costs rage, gives comparatively little benefit for rage spent, and is outperformed by a rune. Even with bonus time boosting reflected damage, I'm not sure many fights go long enough for the reflected damage to outperform other attacks.

The nerf to block heal is total garbage, in my opinion. It feels like one more kick in the pants to the class that has the roughest time already. The game rewards dps more than defense and heals; archers get a comparatively easy ride (I've played all 3 classes; my main is a mage). Yes, there are heavy cashed, godlike knights that can annihilate nearly anything that faces them. Should every knight, cashed or not, be nerfed because there are a few people with enough $ to become virtually untouchable? If so, then why do they not deal nerfs to the other 2 classes as well?

Perhaps the problem is I expect the game to be balanced...that there should be a fairness between the classes so that all have a chance to succeed in the game without having to guess which class and which sylph will be blessed by the devs. Instead, it feels like the game is favoring archers over other classes by giving more rewards for individual dps than for anything else and is more and more pushing us all to the same cookie cutter attack + crit + gaia/Hercules build as a result. So long as the focus remains on single target dps, the game will be slanted to favor archers and to favor gaia/herc.

Comment

• Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                *Mage shamelessly butts in...clearly I'm an expert on knights XD*

Reverse Damage might have been beneficial (as a sort of minor bleed) in a close fight in CW before they changed the rules. When it was straight hp rather than highest dps (if I understand the rule change, you can have higher hp, but still lose now by doing less total damage than the other player), that 1k damage every turn might have been enough to make a difference. However, I hear that reflected damage does not count towards your total damage done to the other player (neither does bleed), making it seem kind of a wasted skill to use in CW now.

It's hard to think of instances where small amount of flat damage over time is more useful than higher total damage done all at once. Bleed rune costs 0 rage and can sometimes be doubled with another skill (when timed right, you can sometimes get both skill and rune in same turn). Kind of hard to imagine knights having much use for a skill that costs rage, gives comparatively little benefit for rage spent, and is outperformed by a rune. Even with bonus time boosting reflected damage, I'm not sure many fights go long enough for the reflected damage to outperform other attacks.

The nerf to block heal is total garbage, in my opinion. It feels like one more kick in the pants to the class that has the roughest time already. The game rewards dps more than defense and heals; archers get a comparatively easy ride (I've played all 3 classes; my main is a mage). Yes, there are heavy cashed, godlike knights that can annihilate nearly anything that faces them. Should every knight, cashed or not, be nerfed because there are a few people with enough $ to become virtually untouchable? If so, then why do they not deal nerfs to the other 2 classes as well?

Perhaps the problem is I expect the game to be balanced...that there should be a fairness between the classes so that all have a chance to succeed in the game without having to guess which class and which sylph will be blessed by the devs. Instead, it feels like the game is favoring archers over other classes by giving more rewards for individual dps than for anything else and is more and more pushing us all to the same cookie cutter attack + crit + gaia/Hercules build as a result. So long as the focus remains on single target dps, the game will be slanted to favor archers and to favor gaia/herc.
                Comlpletely agree.... all events is based on damage, none that require high def....

Comment

• There is a difference between the super cashing knights and the everyday knight. Of coarse the super cashing knights are brick walls. Any one that super cashes is force to be reckoned with.

Comment

• If knights get block heal nerfed and now we have to deal with penetration, then archers should have their crit bonuses nerfed and mages should have suntora nerfed, and we should alse get an astral that increases block rate if they add one that lowers block rate.

Comment

• I agree Jvillian. It makes no sense to nerf knights and nobody else, especially nerfing in a way that keeps the skill from scaling. They want to push everyone to level 80 but make almost the whole bottom row for knights useless by that level (unless you're a very weak 80).

I assume that damage goes up along with defense and hp, so the argument about a 1 million hp knight having OP block heal doesn't hold water. When I fight a knight close to my BR, I do more damage than they heal. I would think that a knight with 1 million hp fighting a mage near the same BR would be in the same situation; mage hits harder than knight heals. A 50k block heal sounds OP until you consider that they are probably getting hit for 75k+ if fighting someone near their BR.

Comment

• The block heal nerf might have made sense for china servers where knights get to 1 mil br.
                        For our version is Cupcake move as for the moment no one can hit such hp to scale with the block heal return.
                        If they wanted to nerf the block heal wisely they could have made it 3% or 2% instead of 4%.
                        If they wanted to nerf the block heal wisely they could have made it 3k cap but in same time increasing the trigger rate.

But they don't. They just want to kill this class and force players to cash more to keep up with the idiotic nerfs.
                        Are these deverlopers even play knight class? I doubt!
                        Listening to Cupcake on forum who complain about knights sitting in front of troops and benefiting from enemy troop tiny hits to get block heals led to this mess.
                        Knights have the worst time at low levels, they had a decent life at 55-64 and now they get **** again.
                        Knight population was low compared to archers/mages. I soon expect for each server to have 3-4 knights as on my own servers alot of 80 cash and ubercash knights said good bye and moved to other games.

Too bad for a game with alot of potential.
                        Maybe is not too late to give that cash cow a milking time-out and have a last minute wake up call!
                        Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 09-22-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by akisakura View Post
                          Too bad for a game with alot of potential.
                          Lol what potential?
                          IGN: Kittylation
                          Server: Miniclip
                          Br: Never Fixed

Comment

• Well, im a knight and i do agree block heaal needed a nerf. However they should have made the cap around 6-8k. 3k ois just simply too low.

Comment

• Originally posted by R215361131 View Post
                              we dont get constant heals for free.. our heals cost us rage and a turn. If we heal we dont do any damage its an active skill whereas your block heal is a passive yu dont have to give up rounds of not doing damage AND healing is meant to be a mage speciality you shouldnt get better heals than a mage... block heal needed to be caped it was way op before though i would say it should ahve been caped at 5k not 3k but eh
                              what would you do if ur mage's passive is changed to low% in healing efffect?
                              S371/Zetsuen.
                              Honor: GDK
                              KNIGHT ☣

Comment

• Originally posted by redav View Post
                                what would you do if ur mage's passive is changed to low% in healing efffect?
                                No bro, not just low %, lets say their suntoria was capped to 3k heal per turn and restoration was changed to max heal of 10k, thats exactly whats happened with knights

Comment

Working...
                                X