Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

XP is still useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    You're falling into the trap that I see a lot of campers fall into. The idea that you gain more BR by camping than you would by leveling is incorrect. By avoiding exp, you are also avoiding things which give BR such as soul crystals, whips, loids, stones, gold, etc. That's not to say you won't earn any of those resources, but you will earn a less amount in the same time period than if you were to not camp. Which means you'll be falling behind, something you said from your first post that you want to avoid. The solution isn't to camp harder, it's to stop camping.

All camping does is let you fight a greater proportion of newer players in level limited events (BG, Arena). It does not save you from facing cashers. It does not allow you to perform better in non-lvl limited events (WB, GB, Sky Trail, Necro, Catacombs, CW, God's Descent). I mean, you can always have goals of a certain BR, completing guild skills, etc. by a certain level. That can be rewarding, but it will not help you to "catch up."

So if you truly desire to catch up, then it is best to stop camping. If you truly desire to meet a series of goals by metric of lvl, then camping is what you should do.
    well from what i have seen, falling in a trap is rushing to lvl 80. So you get there with below 100k br..and no 70 set now what?? you sit there camping to raise HS so you can do BG again?? cos that the only real place HS Lvl is of use. Sure it can be used only once..but 9/10 times that all it takes to turn the battle..use as they slyph. Anyway I see alot of unhappy players with their game plan totaly screwed by this xp drop...i reckon alot of players wil quit due to it. Plead for help MPD to get your 70 gear...to get ur 80 gear, because you ran out of time on the way to lvl 80 to lvl your HS ??? What a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
      I know I for one am ready for it.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]98423[/ATTACH]

Been sitting at 800mil stored in talents for a long long time.
      6000 lvl 3 exp book sitting in my vault >_>
      SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
      IGN: Kimwong
      CLASS: Knight
      PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
      BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
      Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

You still have all the time in the world at 80. Players only get to stun you once if they can. As we said get to 80 no one can stun you after you cap it. No longer having to worry about HS, no longer really needing to use it. I know I don't on either of mine with it capped. Skills do more damage. Sylph then delphic them while they try to stun you with HS which fails because your capped wasting their round. You're not maxing your rewards, your losing things that other people are gaining daily, thus you are falling behind, and will always be behind the curve. If no one will group to do MPs then people are overestimating how much BR is actually needed for these dungeons. I had been doing 70NM on my main before even Blessing Wheel was out. a Party of 70k-80k will have 0 issues in 70NM. a party of 45k-55k will have 0 issues with 60NM, 65NM is around 60k-70k BR and there are no issues. 80 Normal no issues with 80k BR. 80NM I've done it with a party of 97k-110k BR between the group. no issues just depends on how much hp your tank has and knowing the rounds for 80NM at that BR. I have 160k BR on my main with only VIP and a few of the clothing packs bought as a Crit+Block mage not using any def gems, last I calc'd would be around 170k BR if I used def but I've never cared about BR and would rather go with what works for me. My other mage is 140k with only 2 clothing packs bought on him. But each player will have their own way of doing it. I'm just saying if you are after rewards to keep getting stronger maxing all your rewards daily will get you there quicker than snailing for holy seal.
        I chuckled about how you talk about sylphing and delphic them while they fail to HS..... You seem to have missed the point. when you rush up levels it is sylph and get stunned then die. I am not a camper, I did what you advise in your post... I regret it. I leveled to 70 fast and started on my 70 set but did not have enough honor to buy loids from arena shop and could barely gain any honor in BG 400 at most which could disappear with one loss to the wrong opponent, then you have to leave BG or risk being set back days by another death to someone that now knows they can camp you for honor. Then trying to get arena group felt like I had the plague as no one wanted to have to fight the opponents I brought not getting warriors mark for months, not getting many insignia to buy the loids with. I still will only enter BG to get the 5 shards and leave before the match starts it will be a very long time before I can hold my own there. The gain... I am a bit ahead of the players that leveled slow in getting my 70 set, though they have their 60 leg set and higher stats allowing them to do better in events and are only about a week behind me for 70 set since they bought loids with insig from the much easier arena matches, and have their Lord Divine medals from the easier BGs.

Now to the point... campers that have already leveled their HS will have a HS level that other players the same level will not be able to attain. I can only hope that Wartune has the common sense to either implement an effective HS level = max now attainable or adjust lower their talent level applying the exp to level them until their HS is at an attainable level for their level (this would for obvious reasons also require a free talent reset). However Wartune developers do not excel common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Draconan69 View Post
          I chuckled about how you talk about sylphing and delphic them while they fail to HS..... You seem to have missed the point. when you rush up levels it is sylph and get stunned then die. I am not a camper, I did what you advise in your post... I regret it. I leveled to 70 fast and started on my 70 set but did not have enough honor to buy loids from arena shop and could barely gain any honor in BG 400 at most which could disappear with one loss to the wrong opponent, then you have to leave BG or risk being set back days by another death to someone that now knows they can camp you for honor. Then trying to get arena group felt like I had the plague as no one wanted to have to fight the opponents I brought not getting warriors mark for months, not getting many insignia to buy the loids with. I still will only enter BG to get the 5 shards and leave before the match starts it will be a very long time before I can hold my own there. The gain... I am a bit ahead of the players that leveled slow in getting my 70 set, though they have their 60 leg set and higher stats allowing them to do better in events and are only about a week behind me for 70 set since they bought loids with insig from the much easier arena matches, and have their Lord Divine medals from the easier BGs.

Now to the point... campers that have already leveled their HS will have a HS level that other players the same level will not be able to attain. I can only hope that Wartune has the common sense to either implement an effective HS level = max now attainable or adjust lower their talent level applying the exp to level them until their HS is at an attainable level for their level (this would for obvious reasons also require a free talent reset). However Wartune developers do not excel common sense.
          You gain xp faster at the higher levels in the higher mps, more from BQs, more from camps. It doesn't take that long to cap it at lvl 80. None of mine have HS camped to level and all are maxed HS. Also ToK is where Insignias are at. Do ToK NM a ton of insignia there, many days I get 2,500 a day in there.

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
          My Insignia I've been turning into gold for Astrals and Gear enchanting when still needed to enchant my 80 set.

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
            Lucky you. I sell all I get (2 inv pages only) :P

Originally posted by Draconan69 View Post
            Well, there were a few lvl. 69 players who's been sitting on that level for a while and developing HS.
            They stunned me for 3 turns usually.
            I decided to rush for lvl. 80 and then work on talents, since level 80 is the best one to camp :P
            After all, I had my talents maxed earlier than them and there was a time, when the situation turned upside down and I could stun them for 3 turns.
            On level 80 my exp gain was faster than their on level 69 or even on 70+ levels.

Not only I grew my HS/talents faster, but also got ~10k BR advantage after 3-4 months.
            Last edited by Caballero1321; 08-08-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
              Well, there were a few lvl. 69 players who's been sitting on that level for a while and developing HS.
              They stunned me for 3 turns usually.
              I decided to rush for lvl. 80 and then work on talents, since level 80 is the best one to camp :P
              After all, I had my talents maxed earlier than them and there was a time, when the situation turned upside down and I could stun them for 3 turns.
              On level 80 my exp gain was faster than their on level 69 or even on 70+ levels.

Not only I grew my HS/talents faster, but also got ~10k BR advantage after 3-4 months.
              i think what the issue is that campers have maxed HS for their lvl now, when with the lowered xp required to lvl it is impossible to reach that lvl of HS on the same character level, which is unfair in every possible way
              THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
                i think what the issue is that campers have maxed HS for their lvl now, when with the lowered xp required to lvl it is impossible to reach that lvl of HS on the same character level, which is unfair in every possible way
                Yeah, have to agree with that.

Comment

Ok, so there will be some advanced talents in the future which uses XP.

Advanced class skills don't need it yet. Thx!
                  My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

You gain xp faster at the higher levels in the higher mps, more from BQs, more from camps. It doesn't take that long to cap it at lvl 80. None of mine have HS camped to level and all are maxed HS. Also ToK is where Insignias are at. Do ToK NM a ton of insignia there, many days I get 2,500 a day in there.
                    TOK NM that is cute. The players that are camping waiting for their talent levels and BR to get higher before leveling can't enter ToK NM. Heck I just beat ToK normal for the first time 2 days ago I got 60 insignia. the problem is that leveling fast left me WEAK for my level. I do get 10% more from dungeons and a bit more from BQs... and am slowly making up for the losses from not being able to complete my mpds (though may be a bit different than others that are camping because I was the first 70 on my server and was a while before I had a second person to be able to beat Samsara normal, then a 3rd to beat LL NM) so I either killed first boss in LL for 5 loids or did DT for exp).
                    The biggest issue imo is still honor however, particularly with the new patch coming out where you not only get better bonuses from better PvP medals but now get stat boosts for every rank, which will be an instant power boost to those players that camped and raised honor in the much easier BGs.
                    I understand what you are saying and that you are happy with it is great. However I was not and desperately wished I could lower my level for months after hitting 70. More than likely since you started 16 months earlier than me in this game that is just now celebrating it's 2 year anniversary that when you hit level 80 it was not as much of a shock as it is for players that hit level 80 now. Heck you were competing against players that had less than 3 month edge instead of players that have been 80 for over a year with refined sylphs of death level 80 leg gear and max HS, not to mention all the other assorted things like gems, fates, mounts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                      Anyway I see alot of unhappy players with their game plan totaly screwed by this xp drop...i reckon alot of players wil quit due to it..
                      As far as I'm concerned, you're totally right. Game plan totally messed up here, forced to level, meaning I wasted awful amounts of gold on my current gear, won't have enough gold or honor to switch to the next ... totally not amused, I'm about to quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X