XP is still useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP is still useless?

This is a question to those who got the patch already: XP is still useless? or you need it to get the new skill points or something?
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

How is it useless... Did you max all talents and adv. talents?

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
      How is it useless... Did you max all talents and adv. talents?
      actually most of 80s alr max it....(include me), and adv talent not yet out
      SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
      IGN: Kimwong
      CLASS: Knight
      PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
      BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
      Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Yes, I maxed it out since like 6 months... and never spent money on getting more xp except for having VIP. And I'm on S181, wonder how people on S1 feel...

So class advancement etc. dont need xp... it's stupid, xp is one of the basic resource of the game, bad it can't be used. They could just give 1 sepulcrum for every 1M XP earned after max or something like that.
        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

what about the advanced skills? don't they require XP to learn them?
          IGN: AncientEvil
          Server: EU-271+merged
          Class: Archer
          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

What about the players who need to lvl hs?? with lowered xp to lvl Im at lvl 66 with HS lvl 28...i cant lvl hs again till lvl 70!!!!!!!!!!! *** how Im i ment to compete with the players who got lvl 60+ hs???????? how I ment to catch up??????..gone from 46500000 to 39600000 for next lvl and HS is 45000000 for next lvl. Thx for screwing us over.

Comment

Means to level up! go go! You can do it!

Yeah Fherlayt I've been in the same boat as you. Waiting on Adv Talents atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                What about the players who need to lvl hs?? with lowered xp to lvl Im at lvl 66 with HS lvl 28...i cant lvl hs again till lvl 70!!!!!!!!!!! *** how Im i ment to compete with the players who got lvl 60+ hs???????? how I ment to catch up??????..gone from 46500000 to 39600000 for next lvl and HS is 45000000 for next lvl. Thx for screwing us over.
                Um, easy. Level to 80 and then max HS. Boom, you're caught up.

Comment

Lvling means nothing in this game, if you dont do it and raise br with hs your a sitting duck, regurdless shooting to lvl 80 to max hs will get you....nowhere. As it is the way the xp has been lowered..youd be lvl 80 before you even got your 70 set completed. Now is a case of no tok, no spire, just catacombs cos you need tokens for 70 jewels rings (XP gain) your 70 MPD for ledge stones and loids ( XP gain) while at the same time try to lvl your hs without lvling to fast <<<impossible now. All gone out the window. And forget BG unless you want to lose honor faster than you can gain it. yeah nice change and nice way to give the game to those who had all the time in the world to build a strong toon and hS lvl. I know why they want everyone to lvl so fast and be weak..its so when the elite patch comes out..the whales still have little fish to slaughter.... Royaly F**ked over, this got to be one of the worse changes this game has had.

Comment

So you would rather stagnate your growth then to develop your character fully?
                    No ToK = Limiting Soul Crystal, Insignia, and Runestone gain.
                    No Spire = Limiting Bound Balen, Fashion Shards, Fashion Cores, Shadow Crystal, and Kyanite gain

So while you are all worried about your stats you are hindering yourself and slowing down your character progression where it will actually take you longer to catch up and be always behind instead of working on maximizing your daily gains?

Never camped here have two 80 mages, both lord divine, both have no issue in bg, one only bought vip and a few of the clothing packs on, other only bought 2 of the clothing packs. One hits 80 SE tomorrow other hits 70-71 SE(it started 3months later on another server than the first one). Both capped HS, one capped talents completely, the other need 30 more talents and done with all to max, one make Dragon Soul the other 20 away from Max Dragon Soul before advance characters.(Not on a Pre-launch server)

If you continue to play the game without camping you will keep getting stronger. The gear and stats you need will keep coming to you and you will keep growing instead of wasting your time with gear you don't need. My 2nd mage went from 40 Legend gear to 70 Legend gear. Skipped 50 and 60 gear. Didn't need it as 40 gear is all you need for beating 50, 60, and 70 Nightmares. Allowed him to farm his 70 gear while leveling to 80(It's still a lot of xp even after reduction) and they've made it even easier now where you can buy the 70 Pieces with Insignia, the 70 Shards are in the guild shop with the pre-launch, as well as the stones are there. I did mine for both my characters before that change, you have it the easy way once you do level up. Don't be afraid of leveling up. You'll get the gear fast enough if you maximize your daily stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
                      So you would rather stagnate your growth then to develop your character fully?
                      No ToK = Limiting Soul Crystal, Insignia, and Runestone gain.
                      No Spire = Limiting Bound Balen, Fashion Shards, Fashion Cores, Shadow Crystal, and Kyanite gain

So while you are all worried about your stats you are hindering yourself and slowing down your character progression where it will actually take you longer to catch up and be always behind instead of working on maximizing your daily gains?

Never camped here have two 80 mages, both lord divine, both have no issue in bg, one only bought vip and a few of the clothing packs on, other only bought 2 of the clothing packs. One hits 80 SE tomorrow other hits 70-71 SE(it started 3months later on another server than the first one). Both capped HS, one capped talents completely, the other need 30 more talents and done with all to max, one make Dragon Soul the other 20 away from Max Dragon Soul before advance characters.(Not on a Pre-launch server)

If you continue to play the game without camping you will keep getting stronger. The gear and stats you need will keep coming to you and you will keep growing instead of wasting your time with gear you don't need. My 2nd mage went from 40 Legend gear to 70 Legend gear. Skipped 50 and 60 gear. Didn't need it as 40 gear is all you need for beating 50, 60, and 70 Nightmares. Allowed him to farm his 70 gear while leveling to 80(It's still a lot of xp even after reduction) and they've made it even easier now where you can buy the 70 Pieces with Insignia, the 70 Shards are in the guild shop with the pre-launch, as well as the stones are there. I did mine for both my characters before that change, you have it the easy way once you do level up. Don't be afraid of leveling up. You'll get the gear fast enough if you maximize your daily stuff.
                      Only way to get stronger while lvling fast and doing all events etc is to cash. The rewards from tok and spire are not worth the xp you gain. They dont add to your progress stuff all....they add to your xp gain, also you gain more rewards from killing wilds monsters than tok or spire, shadow crystals grow on tress and are everywhere, as are sc, runes get more from tanks etc so all these can be obtained without the added xp gain, dragon souls can be got from void NM again with little xp gain. I seen so many players rush to lvl 70- 80 and get there with low br..noone will help them run their MPD's and they......quit. Point im trying to make is this xp change gives others who had the time to lvl HS and build strength a huge advantage over those of us who are in the process of doing what they had the time to do...but we no longer have that time. Going by the lvl 70 and 80 players in my server...last thing i need to do is get to their lvl fast....cos i will be fodder without cashing hard....and most of them have been playing this game alot longer than me. As a rule i let my BR and HS lvl determine how fast i lvl..and will continue to do so..except I will have to forget about lvl HS for awhile. And by the way, I dont camp..well if you call gaining xp to lvl HS camping..but now Im going to camp all I can to raise br with the hope of surviving a 3 round stun.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                        Only way to get stronger while lvling fast and doing all events etc is to cash. The rewards from tok and spire are not worth the xp you gain. They dont add to your progress stuff all....they add to your xp gain, also you gain more rewards from killing wilds monsters than tok or spire, shadow crystals grow on tress and are everywhere, as are sc, runes get more from tanks etc so all these can be obtained without the added xp gain, dragon souls can be got from void NM again with little xp gain. I seen so many players rush to lvl 70- 80 and get there with low br..noone will help them run their MPD's and they......quit. Point im trying to make is this xp change gives others who had the time to lvl HS and build strength a huge advantage over those of us who are in the process of doing what they had the time to do...but we no longer have that time. Going by the lvl 70 and 80 players in my server...last thing i need to do is get to their lvl fast....cos i will be fodder without cashing hard....and most of them have been playing this game alot longer than me. As a rule i let my BR and HS lvl determine how fast i lvl..and will continue to do so..except I will have to forget about lvl HS for awhile. And by the way, I dont camp..well if you call gaining xp to lvl HS camping..but now Im going to camp all I can to raise br with the hope of surviving a 3 round stun.
                        You still have all the time in the world at 80. Players only get to stun you once if they can. As we said get to 80 no one can stun you after you cap it. No longer having to worry about HS, no longer really needing to use it. I know I don't on either of mine with it capped. Skills do more damage. Sylph then delphic them while they try to stun you with HS which fails because your capped wasting their round. You're not maxing your rewards, your losing things that other people are gaining daily, thus you are falling behind, and will always be behind the curve. If no one will group to do MPs then people are overestimating how much BR is actually needed for these dungeons. I had been doing 70NM on my main before even Blessing Wheel was out. a Party of 70k-80k will have 0 issues in 70NM. a party of 45k-55k will have 0 issues with 60NM, 65NM is around 60k-70k BR and there are no issues. 80 Normal no issues with 80k BR. 80NM I've done it with a party of 97k-110k BR between the group. no issues just depends on how much hp your tank has and knowing the rounds for 80NM at that BR. I have 160k BR on my main with only VIP and a few of the clothing packs bought as a Crit+Block mage not using any def gems, last I calc'd would be around 170k BR if I used def but I've never cared about BR and would rather go with what works for me. My other mage is 140k with only 2 clothing packs bought on him. But each player will have their own way of doing it. I'm just saying if you are after rewards to keep getting stronger maxing all your rewards daily will get you there quicker than snailing for holy seal.

Comment

You're falling into the trap that I see a lot of campers fall into. The idea that you gain more BR by camping than you would by leveling is incorrect. By avoiding exp, you are also avoiding things which give BR such as soul crystals, whips, loids, stones, gold, etc. That's not to say you won't earn any of those resources, but you will earn a less amount in the same time period than if you were to not camp. Which means you'll be falling behind, something you said from your first post that you want to avoid. The solution isn't to camp harder, it's to stop camping.

All camping does is let you fight a greater proportion of newer players in level limited events (BG, Arena). It does not save you from facing cashers. It does not allow you to perform better in non-lvl limited events (WB, GB, Sky Trail, Necro, Catacombs, CW, God's Descent). I mean, you can always have goals of a certain BR, completing guild skills, etc. by a certain level. That can be rewarding, but it will not help you to "catch up."

So if you truly desire to catch up, then it is best to stop camping. If you truly desire to meet a series of goals by metric of lvl, then camping is what you should do.

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                            actually most of 80s alr max it....(include me), and adv talent not yet out
                            You know adv talent is coming and that it costs exp.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                              You know adv talent is coming and that it costs exp.
                              I know I for one am ready for it.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	expscrolls.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1692561

Been sitting at 800mil stored in talents for a long long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X