The Wilds nonsense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ulanov View Post
    Uh, I see. So you say it takes a brain to, I'll quote you, "systematically search the wild" for one hour? And you even do that with 3 more people? Wow...I must be missing something... Why do you think I'd waste one hour running across one map? Are you serious? One hour? Do you have the first idea how many things one can do in 60 minutes? Just tell r2 to add more monsters...
    Wilds rewards are actually pretty good. a few hundred k gold/daru, whips, sc, kyan on top of mount and titles(over 2k br) is well worth spending the time searching.

have your team run parallel lines across wilds every 20 units. so for a team of 4, 0, 20, 40, 60 (or player 1 does 0-150, player 2 150-300...etc)... rinse and repeat... takes a total of 8 times across map to search entire map. takes 2 minutes per sweep so total of 16 minutes to search entire map without lights. with lights you can do it in under 5 minutes with a well coordinated group. if you dont find what you are looking for come back after reset. does not take long stop complaining.

and i said under hour.. hour is on those days when other teams beat me to the bosses and got to wait till next reset but generally done in under 30 minutes

edit: time was assuming erandel which is the smallest map, sands or other maps will take longer
    Last edited by dukec2; 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
      Wilds rewards are actually pretty good. a few hundred k gold/daru, whips, sc, kyan on top of mount and titles(over 2k br) is well worth spending the time searching.

have your team run parallel lines across wilds every 20 units. so for a team of 4, 0, 20, 40, 60 (or player 1 does 0-150, player 2 150-300...etc)... rinse and repeat... takes a total of 8 times across map to search entire map. takes 2 minutes per sweep so total of 16 minutes to search entire map without lights. with lights you can do it in under 5 minutes with a well coordinated group. if you dont find what you are looking for come back after reset. does not take long stop complaining.

and i said under hour.. hour is on those days when other teams beat me to the bosses and got to wait till next reset but generally done in under 30 minutes

edit: time was assuming erandel which is the smallest map, sands or other maps will take longer
      this doesn't help people looking for bosses that are placed off the map and not visible. Maybe when the bugs are fixed, it wont be as much of a time dump.

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
        this doesn't help people looking for bosses that are placed off the map and not visible. Maybe when the bugs are fixed, it wont be as much of a time dump.
        exactly, if you don't find in your first search search of the map move on till the next reset. After people get their mounts/titles in about a month, it will be easy to find everything... just like how it was hard to get a sylph kill when they came and now there is plenty.

Spend 15-20 minutes in wilds at a time searching, if you don't find it assume its outside of map... not a big time sink. and during that time, note locations of elites/mobs

Comment

i seriously never encountered the problem where the boss spawned outside the maps or something.
          with a good(and lucky) team you can clear all less than 1 hour. in fact, last night my team only needs 30 mins. but we are not picky about the monsters tho, we fought either 70 or 80 which one is available.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Not everyone has hours to search the wilds for monsters and it is very frustrating to spend an hour (right after refresh, so wasn't from others killing them all) searching and not finding a single monster (no monsters, no elites, no bosses) the whole time. Then, to add that extra "fun", finally find a boss, 10 min before refresh, but no archers are around or willing to join, once again turning all the time spent searching into wasted time (if not for the need to be able to spam SS, I could solo most of the bosses).

They could make changes that would make the game less of a time hog. More monsters to find or getting rid of the fog (that fog adds lag and often causes me to run right past monsters without seeing them because of that lag) would help in the wilds (as would fixing the known bugs). Adding shortcuts to various locations people need to go to (levels of atoll for instance) and putting shortcuts back in our character's city (Cloud City is a huge lag bomb for many) would be a big help as well.

"Just don't do it" is an option once the mount is acquired, but it seems there is so much they could do to make the game less of a chore and more fun for all (getting group and killing stuff for rewards = fun, hunting through laggy wilds = chore; actually completing circuit quests = somewhat fun, but all that time running back and forth while getting ever laggier from Cloud City, = chore).

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              i seriously never encountered the problem where the boss spawned outside the maps or something.
              with a good(and lucky) team you can clear all less than 1 hour. in fact, last night my team only needs 30 mins. but we are not picky about the monsters tho, we fought either 70 or 80 which one is available.
              I only do 80s normals/elites, they spawn enough so just go out for a couple mins and see what you find. For bosses 70/80 is all same, if I can get a good team for hades or gaia then kill them, otherwise do angel or one of the 70s which are a lot easier. It doesn't take long to find bosses normally but on my server at least because it's pretty active (3 merges / 12 servers / 200k br+ top 10 alone) so especially during first 2-3 refreshes things die really fast so you get stuck with either off map bosses or bugged succubus lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                I only do 80s normals/elites, they spawn enough so just go out for a couple mins and see what you find. For bosses 70/80 is all same, if I can get a good team for hades or gaia then kill them, otherwise do angel or one of the 70s which are a lot easier. It doesn't take long to find bosses normally but on my server at least because it's pretty active (3 merges / 12 servers / 200k br+ top 10 alone) so especially during first 2-3 refreshes things die really fast so you get stuck with either off map bosses or bugged succubus lol
                Must be nice. On my server, it can take 30+ min just to find a group, especially if it is a stronger boss and you can't carry. Depending on the time of day, finding an archer strong enough for 70-80 bosses is murder. Many just solo monsters and elites because it's much faster than trying to get a group. They might get around to merging us some time; it's been over a year since the last merge...

Comment

You can do 70s bosses even without archers :P

I've done Amazon with 3 knight 1 mage. Well you need a good purge rune on one person at least (2 debuff minimum), wait for a few stacks + deflect buff and bam, easy.
                  Probably wouldn't work on the bosses that do 4-5 buffs, or 80s... lol forget which boss @lv10 buff takes 1 damage from every single attack uhmmm Angel maybe. idk. That one sucked after our archer died early due to mage wrong skills.

Comment

You can do 70s bosses even without archers :P

I've done Amazon with 3 knight 1 mage. Well you need a good purge rune on one person at least (2 debuff minimum), wait for a few stacks + deflect buff and bam, easy.
                    Probably wouldn't work on the bosses that do 4-5 buffs, or 80s... lol forget which boss @lv10 buff takes 1 damage from every single attack uhmmm Angel maybe. idk. That one sucked after our archer died early due to mage wrong skills.
                    And Pan also I believe! xD

Comment

Originally posted by UesugiAnkit View Post
                      And Pan also I believe! xD
                      He's lv60 tho.

Comment

He's lv60 tho.
                        I know, just wanted to add that in. :P

Comment

Working...
                        X