X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Class

As it says on the title.
    Who is the best class?
    And what means do you think they are the best?
    Let's be logical and not rant random stuff.

I would go with mage.
    - They are awesome in PvP and PvE
    - They don't complain, they are content.
    - Don't have to cash much to be OP.
    - They don't get messed with from patch to patch.

And please,
    Yes balen wins any class but let's think more on the pros and cons of each class without balens.
    Mages
    32.89%
    Knights
    26.32%
    Archers
    40.79%
    Last edited by SkiaXia; 08-15-2014, 01:26 PM.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
    I.. I love you like a love song baby...
    And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
    :o:o:o:o

The balen class.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
      The balen class.
      Well yes.
      But let's just think of the pros and cons of each class and see which one has more pros and which one has more cons.
      Obviously balens will win either class.

Comment

Pros of a knight
        Challenging and everyone hates it
        Cons
        Too many whiny cupcakes that don't know chit

Comment

There are no absolute best on each class, but i will give my opinion on what i think the best aspects on each class:

Early level: Mages
          End level: Knight
          All around level: Archer
          No Cash: Mage
          Light Casher: Archer
          Heavy Casher: Knight
          Solo PvP: Knight
          Group PvP: Mage
          PvE : Archer(could be obsolete after this patch).

Comment

Originally posted by FireKatz View Post
            There are no absolute best on each class, but i will give my opinion on what i think the best aspects on each class:

Very nice summary =)

Comment

I play and love my mage but I vote knight....I like class with many passives they gain a lot br from them,other classes don't gain that much as knights .....everything else is matter of paying and how good u are playing

Comment

Just want to add a note - by saying "End Levels" as in L80, yeah, I'd go with Knight.

If you're talking Advanced Class powers and patches, including max 3K Block-Heals and the Archer's new +10% Damage Adv Class Skill, I think the tipping point went to the Archer overall. After that initial Lunatic, they're running at +20% Damage (end damage no less) over everyone else's base skill. So that Delphic Sniper, that does 345% w/ QTE is actually doing 414%, and the +20% Archer Crit & +20% Skill Crit practically negates GA Astrals, so it Crits a LOT.

Then there's good old AP. It's actually doing 240% Damage w/ those boosts. That's a 1s CD skill that's only 30 Rage and does 240%, and it's quick-castable, so it can be spammed. This skill alone is why smart Archers can't be caught in WB and have the farthest progression in single-player PvE events.

Knights got an Advanced Slow on Shadow Thrasher, but they put slow resistance on everything, so it's pointless.

Mages got what was supposed to be the equiv to Shadow Thrasher / Armor Piercer in IceBolt - but they nerfed it and upped the 1s CD to 10s CD making it far less useful in PvE.

Mages 400% Advanced AoE got nerfed so that it splits damage, so vs. 4 targets it only does 100% damage. vs. 3 targets (PvP) it does 133% damage - far worse than RoF for the 100-Rage cost! Even the argument that it's a great single-target attack is fairly pointless. That new Delphic + LB is around 525% in 2 Rounds. 2 Thunderers is closer to 650%. Other than the passives, the Mage Advanced skills aren't worth getting because they're not better than the regular skills we've got. Hell, my Resto already heals as much as the super-heal Advanced Skill. Unless a player has 500k HP, that bubble does less damage prevention than Resto Heals. So what's the point?!

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  Just want to add a note - by saying "End Levels" as in L80, yeah, I'd go with Knight.

If you're talking Advanced Class powers and patches, including max 3K Block-Heals and the Archer's new +10% Damage Adv Class Skill, I think the tipping point went to the Archer overall. After that initial Lunatic, they're running at +20% Damage (end damage no less) over everyone else's base skill. So that Delphic Sniper, that does 345% w/ QTE is actually doing 414%, and the +20% Archer Crit & +20% Skill Crit practically negates GA Astrals, so it Crits a LOT.

Then there's good old AP. It's actually doing 240% Damage w/ those boosts. That's a 1s CD skill that's only 30 Rage and does 240%, and it's quick-castable, so it can be spammed. This skill alone is why smart Archers can't be caught in WB and have the farthest progression in single-player PvE events.

Knights got an Advanced Slow on Shadow Thrasher, but they put slow resistance on everything, so it's pointless.

Mages got what was supposed to be the equiv to Shadow Thrasher / Armor Piercer in IceBolt - but they nerfed it and upped the 1s CD to 10s CD making it far less useful in PvE.

Mages 400% Advanced AoE got nerfed so that it splits damage, so vs. 4 targets it only does 100% damage. vs. 3 targets (PvP) it does 133% damage - far worse than RoF for the 100-Rage cost! Even the argument that it's a great single-target attack is fairly pointless. That new Delphic + LB is around 525% in 2 Rounds. 2 Thunderers is closer to 650%. Other than the passives, the Mage Advanced skills aren't worth getting because they're not better than the regular skills we've got. Hell, my Resto already heals as much as the super-heal Advanced Skill. Unless a player has 500k HP, that bubble does less damage prevention than Resto Heals. So what's the point?!
                  your math is a little off. archer gets 10% damage from their passive and 10% extra crit damage. they do not add... comes out to about 12% extra damage over other classes. but rest is pretty solid.

and since every other round is sylph, wb is less class dependent then it use to be. knights are a little more tanky without using any extra so thats a plus for them. in my servers, warriors do very well in wb, they keep up with me, an archer (i do 300k non-sylph and 400k sylphs rounds at 45k patk). mages i would put down as worse wb class for now since archers (with IS) and warriors (pure tankiness and huge solo target hits) dominating for the time being.

Best class as always is the one that is the funnest for your play style. they are fairly balanced overall. I have played all 3 classes and like my archer for its versatility, single target and aoe damage along with being able to play a support role.

Comment

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
                    your math is a little off. archer gets 10% damage from their passive and 10% extra crit damage. they do not add... comes out to about 12% extra damage over other classes. but rest is pretty solid.
                    The 2% Stackable x5 to 10% is often maxxed after a single Lunatic in Single Player PvP or Group PvP. That bonus isn't placed upon Skills, it's an end-effect of damage. So if an Archer does 100,000 Damage to a target, that buff makes it 110,000.

The Crit Damage is actually diminished in terms of base damage, you are correct. Base Crit Damage is approx +50%. When you add Determination it goes to approx +100%. Adding another +10% to that means that you're doing approx 110% Crit Damage. So if that 100,000 Damage on a Crit is affected by this, one can assume the Crit Part (pre new passive) was approx 50,000, so that would go up to 55,000 for approx 105,000 total damage.

So the two combined are about +15%. As you said, pretty solid .

Originally posted by dukec2 View Post
                    and since every other round is sylph, wb is less class dependent then it use to be. knights are a little more tanky without using any extra so thats a plus for them. in my servers, warriors do very well in wb, they keep up with me, an archer (i do 300k non-sylph and 400k sylphs rounds at 45k patk). mages i would put down as worse wb class for now since archers (with IS) and warriors (pure tankiness and huge solo target hits) dominating for the time being.
                    You don't have archers that are surviving the WB big hit then . My server does. A full round for them consists of Speed-Attacking until 2nd rune is ready (Using AS & AP) then Incend / Awaken / Guardian and do a full pet sequence. A good Archer's 1st round is netting them as much as 750k Gold & Daru now. It's brutal.

Remember that Incend & Guardian both work, so if that boss is normally hitting you for 150k x4 shots, those 150k shots are reduced to 105k from Incend, and then down to 52.5k from a max Guardian. Top Archers are running well in excess of 250k HP now, so that's a very survivable hit. I've heard the big hit may have been increased on WB now, but I don't know for sure since I'm squishy and it wrecks me easily.

Comment

I can confirm that it has been increased :-) I balened wb on a whim yesterday, and it wrecked me in only 3 of the hits every time.
                      Few months ago I balened wb for funsies and I survived ulti a few times.

I didn't use IS or guardian either time, though. Maybe I'll give that a try...lvl 1 guardian ftw.

/thread

Things might've changed with the patch...but this is definitely what it was a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                        I can confirm that it has been increased :-) I balened wb on a whim yesterday, and it wrecked me in only 3 of the hits every time.
                        Few months ago I balened wb for funsies and I survived ulti a few times.

I didn't use IS or guardian either time, though. Maybe I'll give that a try...lvl 1 guardian ftw.

/thread

Things might've changed with the patch...but this is definitely what it was a few days ago.
                        I can survive the whole of 2nd wb with 50% buff without guardian rune or with no buffs I die no more than 4x :P

1st boss however is indeed buffed to hit a lot harder meaning can't survive it , even with incendiary it hits me 360k and as my guardian rune is lvl 1 it don't do a thing lol . So never try on first boss no more.
                        Precision----S3 Worgs Lair

Precisia----
                        s371 Harmony

Comment

i vote mage because i love my mage xD

Comment

irrelevant question in long run. Wait for patch, see which class gets nerfed to nothing and which becomes god and repeat this for every patch intil game dies.

But at the current state of patch 3.1, I'd say

PvP: Mages, which use to be knights for me intil they got nerfed bombed
                            PvE: Depends, still say archer unless ur doing nm dungeon

All this considers equal investment and equal br
                            Last edited by R26737621; 08-15-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

You can't really classify a class as "the best" if you dont compare their options to each-others (this is called match-ups lol). Unless you mean "overall best in usefulness", in which case, an archer with Iris is the best. It can heal, debuff, remove ennemy buffs, reduce ennemy damage and still do quite a bunch of damage.

Match up wise, Knights, with block, reduce damage done by roughly 20%, healing 3k hp on each block. Pretty irrelevant when what kills anyone in the game right now are sylph delphic doing hundreds of thousands of damage. Crits increase the damage by roughly 100%, so, even when blocked, a crit would still do more damage than a non-blocked EWD.

There are 5 ways of earning crit/block in the game. Gems, Astral, Title, Medallion and Refined stats. You need a lot of crit (4-5k is a minimum to start doing some crits "consistently") same for block. Now the question you should ask yourself is, what is better..a 20% damage reduction or a consistent 100% damage increase? Focusing on block is laughable, since the damage reduce is very small, the hp healed back is negligable, and now, there's the block pen astral stat.

With that in mind, all class should go for the same build, aka : full crit + determination. It then comes to passives/skills. Archers have an inherant crit 10% bonus increase.

Knights have Apollo shield, which reduces damage by 30% for 4 turns. Archers have Incendiary shot, which reduces damage done by the ennemy by 30% for 3 turns. Thing is, you only need to last long enough to hit your hercule delph to win. But, Archers and Mages have the guardian rune, which reduces damage taken by 50% at max lvl. Advanced guardian rune reduces damage by up to 85%. Yes it's only 2 turns, but you only need 2 turns in sylph mode to hit your delph. So, a Knight, with Apollo shield, will reduce damage by 30% (+ 20% of his hp if he uses agoran shield, which is 20k hp every 100k hp he has). A mage "can" reduce damage done by 85%, and an archer, reduce damage done to him by 85% + reduce damage done by the ennemy by 30%. At this point, Knights are screwed.

Mages and Archers at this point are.. at the same point. Since they can both use guardian rune. So, the first one to awaken+ rune loses. Since Archers have an edge on mages (mages have low pdef, while archers have higher mdef). Mages can heal, but archers can reduce their damage + hit hard. They can also heal back with bloodthirsty. (** and IS both have pretty low cd considering the advantage they give lol).

To resume.. Mages and Archers both shut down every Knight's options, Archers shuts down Mages options.
                              So, best class is Archer, then Mage, then Knight (by kinda far)
                              Last edited by R226329038; 08-15-2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X