No announcement yet.

Exp required for talents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read all your walls of text, didnt understand what your problem is exactly. For me it is clear that you dont understand and never had the goal of this game.

Also i dont care if you agree with me or not.
    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

So as stated in the prior post why didn't they make the level 80 players go up aswell? seems to me that's the biggest unfair advantage in all of this, whether of not if they are big cashers or not, it should be applied to all players not just, as another said camping at level 60 or 70, but to all who play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
        I read all your walls of text, didnt understand what your problem is exactly. For me it is clear that you dont understand and never had the goal of this game.

Also i dont care if you agree with me or not.
        We agree to disagree then.

My problems with this are many...being forced always to spend at the top of the class else not being able to compete and have fun, having anything I do spend devalued immediately, having tactics used that are not far off from what is considered illegal because they prey on sickness...and so on. I want a fun game.

Different people have different personal goals. We can't all spend like we own a bank and spend to the top of the heap...personally, I have much more fun on a team, playing hard, no matter whether I actually could spend more or not.

If you really don't care, um, why post and then respond?

And what goal or goals do you think I don't understand? Might be interesting to hear your philosophy here so we can actually discuss something, rather than talking in sound bytes so we can't actually say anything meaningful....

The goal for 7Road here is to make us spend the most money. That much is simple, isn't it? By pushing people off the game, which is already happening, how will they make more in the long term? I'm not just writing to get my way, but because if they're not making their money, the game goes away, and we have nothing. I actually want them to get rich and fat from what they're doing, because there's a lot that should be right with it...if they'd leave good things alone and not be blind to the greed factor here.
        Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-24-2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
          We agree to disagree then.

My problems with this are many...being forced always to spend at the top of the class else not being able to compete and have fun, having anything I do spend devalued immediately, having tactics used that are not far off from what is considered illegal because they prey on sickness...and so on. I want a fun game.

Different people have different personal goals. We can't all spend like we own a bank and spend to the top of the heap...personally, I have much more fun on a team, playing hard, no matter whether I actually could spend more or not.

If you really don't care, um, why post and then respond?

And what goal or goals do you think I don't understand? Might be interesting to hear your philosophy here so we can actually discuss something, rather than talking in sound bytes so we can't actually say anything meaningful....

The goal for 7Road here is to make us spend the most money. That much is simple, isn't it? By pushing people off the game, which is already happening, how will they make more in the long term?
          ok, in every game with lvls involved MAIN goal is to get to highest lvl, thats where the real game starts, rest is just the way to it. Of course you can choose other things to do, but those aint meant as primary goals. A knight or an archer can choose to go matk gems/astrals. Is it possible? yes. Is it how it must be done? no.

Comment

ok, in every game with lvls involved MAIN goal is to get to highest lvl, thats where the real game starts, rest is just the way to it. Of course you can choose other things to do, but those aint meant as primary goals. A knight or an archer can choose to go matk gems/astrals. Is it possible? yes. Is it how it must be done? no.
            you do know that this game is divided in bracket lvls right? anyways im camping in lvl 59 atm till i hit LD and why am i doing that you ask? well its the last lvl till lvl 80 99 seal that i cant be stunned by any1. the fact that i need 21 lvls + 89 seal lvls to not get stunned ever is a joke that is breaking the game and needs to be fixed asap people that dont see this are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by plancha View Post
              you do know that this game is divided in bracket lvls right? anyways im camping in lvl 59 atm till i hit LD and why am i doing that you ask? well its the last lvl till lvl 80 99 seal that i cant be stunned by any1. the fact that i need 21 lvls + 89 seal lvls to not get stunned ever is a joke that is breaking the game and needs to be fixed asap people that dont see this are dumb.
              i seriously laugh at people that deny them selves much greater rewards just to get LD medallion worth ~3.5k br, nice trade off, not to mention that the difference between ld and ic medallions is negligible, but oh well some think 30 endurance, 100 block and crit and 50 charisma will change the game for them....

Comment

My problem is that, once I got advance class, I can't level my talents anymore(have max hs, so no biggy). So for you that are going to turn in that quest, make sure you don't wanna level talents for a while

Comment

i seriously laugh at people that deny them selves much greater rewards just to get LD medallion worth ~3.5k br, nice trade off, not to mention that the difference between ld and ic medallions is negligible, but oh well some think 30 endurance, 100 block and crit and 50 charisma will change the game for them....
                  This may work for some, but the new version of the game is, well, NEW! We can't just flip a switch and get to level 80, and have maxed out talents levels. And, along the way, getting tougher arena and BG match-ups will make honor harder to get. Along with people on the server who are intent on making that transition a rough ride (there are always a few), and this is NOT a recipe that works best for everyone, even if you happen to love it unconditionally. Some of us intend to get there in the fullness of time, as smart game play permits, and that will depend on the server, even your guild, your ability to spend time in the game, and your experience.

UNLESS YOU SPEND TOO MUCH, you can't have everything instantly. So, the question here in this thread is how the EXP nerf to levels impacts players with no spend to moderate spend, which is the overwhelming majority. This majority made choices. Many who had a choice to make by getting to levels 62+ (where use of talents points on HS made a difference) made one not to rush to level 80, not to spend on every item that the devs made available, to play in a responsible and lasting manner that fit our budgets, and, frankly, our schedules in life.

This EXP nerf took away a choice we made, thinking we were allowed to make it. Nobody told us otherwise, until they suddenly chose to steal that choice away from us. Some of us still spent quite a bit and had this choice stolen from us. Many of those who spent don't trust the devs at this point, and won't spend because they're getting no respect for what they've spent or what they intended to spend, given a playable game.

Why have you no tolerance for those who choose to play the game differently than you, possibly for the reason their schedules won't allow them the time commit to rush to level 80 in the next few weeks? Those people sometimes pay for a VIP to speed them through the game because it gives them back time that's precious to them. For my own time commits, I'm helping to run a fairly large guild, so I enjoy a style that lets me take time to help others, who, frankly, have a wide spread of play styles within a big guild. The one-size-fits-all approach may be great for the top spenders, but you're making my point for me...if you have to laugh at folks who differ from your play style, you not only limit the ingenuity and smart play that makes players and guilds great, but you are seriously willing to drop kick more than half the players who play this game and spend, because, when rules were different only a week or so ago, they hadn't seen the need to rush to level 80 and play the game as if they had to have the "most toys" to play. That's the same attitude the devs now have, it seems. I can play in the same guild as players who have that attitude, but for the devs to have it, to desire to exclude all but the top spenders, is no way to run a "free" game.

What competition there is among non-spenders, moderate-spenders, and super-spenders, gets shorn away with with this change. Again, I still see reversal of this EXP nerf as a definite need, not a choice, if this game is going to last.

Yes, getting to level 80 in this game at a point you can actually compete with others at that level is definitely one goal here. But, there are also level 80 players stuck in the Plains at this point because they leveled too fast, don't have guild mates with a clue to help them, and are so under-powered they've no hope any time soon of being able to enjoy the game. So, I agree we want to get there, but by going when you're not ready is a recipe to burn out and retire. Not everyone has the game smarts, the game help, or the personal experience to "rush" to 80 then get those other rewards...which, again, didn't exist in many cases until a week ago. On a mature server with many of the game's super-spenders, it's hard to believe I need competition from many already at 200K-300K BR before the version update, who now have another set of "rewards" they can outspend most of us on. That's not game competition, either...that's just a competition to find the deepest credit line. Not Wartune. If I'm here to play Wartune, that's not a game I should ever play. But, I guess, if you're happy with a guild motto of "all the talent money can buy," it might work for you.
                  Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

the point of fast lvling is to make us get to 80 asap, so that we will be weak and NEED TO CASH to catch up in arena bg and every other way. simple.

Comment

Originally posted by zerkk View Post
                      the point of fast lvling is to make us get to 80 asap, so that we will be weak and NEED TO CASH to catch up in arena bg and every other way. simple.
                      BINGO!

Say the magic woid and win a hundred balens.

Comment

Originally posted by zerkk View Post
                        because someone who havent cashed at all for a year camping will start now

Comment

And not cashing is a problem for you, daunapu...why?

If you want to live by the cash, be prepared when the game dies by the cash.

Spending when we choose because we want to is easier than when a gun is pointed to our temple and 7Road says "spend or die." This is a game. With that bad attitude, people will just leave instead of giving in to the threats. Those that do give in are the weak-willed who are not determined players who would give you a good fight anyway.

If you're a spender, you should be more upset at this change than the rest because it WILL remove much of your future competition, and will potentially kill the game. But, spenders get defensive about their spend. We'll see how it works out. Meantime, I've decided no more spend here. I'll play and see how it goes....

Comment

Cashing is a problem for me? No.

But the argument "they force me to cash" is stupid, because:

You have camped, because you are a non spender, so obviously no game change can make you trow money at the screen.

Or, you have camped AND cashed, so obviously no game change can be a problem for you and your credit card.

Bottom line is everyone has a set budget playing the game. The only people, who can be "forced" to spend are the people without spending limits, monster cashers, whales, you name them, and i haven't seen much of those camping.

Comment

anyone who plays in wartune china can confirm if the talent xp is the same as ours?

Comment

My "camping" had been flexible, due to game conditions. Hadn't gone on long at all, actually. The only things this change set in stone are the camping is now ON, the cashing is now OFF, and it's as inflexible as the change in HS vs. level EXP. Change that, and I can get flexible again, as the game permits.

To the point of turning aside the chance to do a game wedding (which is ALL cash, and no bound balens) on principle after this issue with HS, yes this has curtailed my spend. When someone tries to coerce, force, demand I spend...I dig my heels in and tell them to push off. I'm not alone. That's what's going on.

Yes, it's stupid to use the excuse "they force me to cash" when someone is determined to play with money instead of effort and/or talent...all the wallet warriors seem to have this as part of their rationalization for why they need to spend so much. Those who don't use such stupid excuses have just made the decision to spend far less. "They TRY to force me to cash, and now I'm refusing to spend at all" is more of how it's going...for those who just didn't leave the game in spite!

Again, danuapu, I don't say you're wrong (there may be just different perspectives here), and your perspective may work completely for you, but it's not what I'm seeing in the game, and I have the statistical facts of lower attendance, fewer with VIP, less game activity, and people openly avoiding many events because of the HS/EXP nerf. People not camped before are trying to camp now because of the game change, and your response doesn't even take into account what had been non-campers! But, people would rather camp than spend at "gunpoint," and that's the method the devs are trying to us here...it's a FAIL.

The problem is for the devs. They built an inclusive game. Then, they started to exclude more and more based on wanting to focus on serving spenders. Then they got hostile to many because they didn't spend enough. Well, they're the ones here making me inflexible, and dissuading others from spending with me. And, I'm hardly alone in that attitude. Camping wasn't the issue; it was a game style choice. Tell people you're stealing away their choices and trying to force them to spend for the privilege of continuing to play a game set up for voluntary pay, and you'll get the resistance you deserve. Less players, less fun, less future spend, bad reputation for the bait and switch you've performed, and failure for a game that deserves otherwise to succeed.

Let them set things up for the spenders. Just don't punish me for not keeping up with the worst of them. I don't deserve it. Neither does anyone else. This HS EXP nerf is punishment. It needs to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X