Block Heal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Heal

Ok so now that I am doing BG I really want an explanation for capping knights block heal at 3k. Mages are healing like crazy, as are archers with blood sucker. Add to those iris and astrals healing for 50k and this cap is just total **.

If the cap remains - at least allow knights one free skill reset for each tree since the bottom half of tree is now effectively useless. BTW Block heal for 200k was still only 8k heal so this is ridiculous.

Hit the mages with an intercept before they heal. It will now target players in the back row.
    Server: Armor S6
    IGN: Xanthralla
    Guild: Samurai

Comment

Nice you want to take away the one thing that mages have.
      Knights have Intercept, Solo Shield, Group Shield and your complaining.
      With the shield up all I can do is watch while waiting for it to finish, so that I can attack again, whilst you carry on attacking.
      If they increase your healing they should take away your shields.

Comment

Originally posted by daft48eddiex View Post
        Nice you want to take away the one thing that mages have.
        Knights have Intercept, Solo Shield, Group Shield and your complaining.
        With the shield up all I can do is watch while waiting for it to finish, so that I can attack again, whilst you carry on attacking.
        If they increase your healing they should take away your shields.
        Unless you are completely useless shield lasts 1 turn if you lucky. And apollo does not save you the 150k HP heal currently being done by many mages. Our healing was only 8k for me in the first place - put it into perpective. Shields I rarely use these days

Comment

where u get this information of intercept hitting back row? In skill tree it still says: random enemy in the front row

Comment

Originally posted by Tanlii View Post
            where u get this information of intercept hitting back row? In skill tree it still says: random enemy in the front row
            That's because they didn't changed the skill description. But I can assure you that it's hit randomly (unless you fight 1 vs 1, then it's only the enemy player that get hit by your interception)
            Lunay - Knighted knight
            23.25M BR
            Guild : SHIELD
            West coast server r2 S38

Comment

1v1 battles intercept now prioritizes players, meaning it will hit the player instead of their troops. Didn't used to, but now it does. Try it and see!
              Server: Armor S6
              IGN: Xanthralla
              Guild: Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by jbyram2 View Post
                1v1 battles intercept now prioritizes players, meaning it will hit the player instead of their troops. Didn't used to, but now it does. Try it and see!
                Yes but realistically the cooldown is way to slow. Its used once a fight at best. You use intercept - they simply use a rune, a skill or two and they ready to heal again.

Comment

Mages are made for healing and area attacks. Knights are made for defensive and massive damage to a single target. Archers are made for over all highest damage per second and for debuffing opponents. With that being said, the pattern from start has always been mages beat knights, knights beat archers, archers beat mages. Now all that can be greatly blurred with cash and sylphs, but the same basic principle holds for how the classes are set up. Notice how a knight's block heal isn't that major when compared to their other defensive skills they have. Nerfing it with the thought that they now have shared damage advanced skill doesn't seem that major.

To take on your first point. Mages heal like crazy because THAT IS THEIR JOB. For most everything except group arena or guild battle, the mage's strongest area attacks, ie their delphics, are useless because too costly for little return rage. Thus the mages only have 4 worthwhile attacks. All else is up to their strong healing capabilities. If healing of mages is nerfed you might as well not have a mage class.

To take on your second point about archers. Yes they have the blood attack, but it is inline with their debuff skills.

Now assume you use intercept on a mage and the mage loses rage. If the mage uses a rage rune, well that is one less spot for more effective runes like amnesia or blood or even heal or brutality. Also runes everyone can have so they use a rage rune, so can you. However, you are mistaken in your assumption of how fast a mage gains rage, it is by far a slower rate than knights or even archers. Depending on the talents and such, from 0 it would take a mage at most 2-3 turns to do restoration/suntora, and even longer to do BL (assuming they have pvp gear and don't proc something that decreases rage needed to use a skill). Not to mention the cooldowns on those skills.

SO instead of coming in with arguments like a troll complaining. Back it up with facts and such so people take your argument more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeak42 View Post
                    SO instead of coming in with arguments like a troll complaining. Back it up with facts and such so people take your argument more seriously.
                    My point about intercept was in reply to the previous comment made - if we use intercept it takes up a skill slot not just a rune slot. An intercept is useless due to its cooldown and minimal effect (within 2 turns the mage or anyone else is back up to full healing) These are facts. Also I simply asked for a reason to have the cap put in in the first place - as I pointed out (as a fact) it is only a 4% heal c.f. approx double that from suntoria. At least read the initial post instead of jumping in a shooting of your mouth - that just makes you look stupid.

It is also a fact - as you pointed out - that a knights job is to take damage. And we could do that effectively by making a build based on strong block and healing with it - that is a fact. That ability has now been taken away with absolutely no reason given - that is a fact. You - like a r.e.t.a.r.d - have argued why mages and and archers shouldn't have their heal abilities capped as have knights. My argument is based on fairness. At the very least knights should be entitled to a free skill reset to reset their build (which is all I said in my original post). All knights agree that the bottom half of the skill tree is now completely redundant. Read the forum. Not only they should get a free skill reset - they should have the FREE option to change the block refines over to crit or something else. If they make a change to skills that make the build redundant this is only fair.

Further look at the comments you have made

Thus the mages only have 4 worthwhile attacks
                    There are only 5 skills - how many would you like them to have.

Notice how a knight's block heal isn't that major when compared to their other defensive skills they have. Nerfing it with the thought that they now have shared damage advanced skill doesn't seem that major.
                    First - if it isnt that major, why take it out? Please state what other skill to which you refer - Shield very rarely lasts more than one round these days unless you are fighting someone you could beat in AFK mode, apollo I will grant is good because it does not go away and damps the all out sylph kill shot, but it does not reduce damage the way block does. And the shared damage - I see no reason to bother with this skill. Unless R2 have miss represented this skill it makes no sense whatsoever. As a team - as you have pointed out as fact - it is the knights job to take damage - why the f u c k share that to others. More to the point damage done to others would be a lot more so I would end up absorbing more than if I was hit directly. In BG the skill seems absolutely redundant. Resurrection also seems marginal at best.

the mage's strongest area attacks, ie their delphics, are useless because too costly for little return rage
                    Man what a f.c.k.i.n.g moron. That is true for ALL - both my delphics (which are not aoe btw) cost 80 or 100 rage. we used to get a 30% chance to 30 back on EDD but that has been nerfed too. And since you brought the subject up, the damge done by the new knight skills is not as advertised - it is much less than stipulated in the skill
                    Last edited by muzza40; 08-23-2014, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X