Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Question about Gems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Gems

    I got a question about my gem setup. I have mostly level 5 and the rest being level 6 gems. On each piece of equipment, I have PATK, PDEF, MDEF, and Crit. Right now, the defense gems are all level 5. What I would like to know is would it be better to take those defense gems out and replace them with a block gem? That would free up another slot for an HP or Charisma Gem. Would I get better results doing that or would I end up taking more damage?

  • #2
    Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
    I got a question about my gem setup. I have mostly level 5 and the rest being level 6 gems. On each piece of equipment, I have PATK, PDEF, MDEF, and Crit. Right now, the defense gems are all level 5. What I would like to know is would it be better to take those defense gems out and replace them with a block gem? That would free up another slot for an HP or Charisma Gem. Would I get better results doing that or would I end up taking more damage?
    what ur class and lvl.....
    R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

    IGN : Illyasviel
    Class : Archer
    Guild : •OneŽ•
    LvL : 80
    Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
    BR : over 9000!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, I am a level 48 Archer with a BR of 58K.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wouldn't run block gems at your lvl but is up to you. your set up is fine. some people run some health gems instead of a couple def gems.

        never run char gems (except maybe necro/cata or skytrails in very certain situations)

        Comment


        • #5
          Keep Def Gems block no good now.

          char gems =WB
          WARTUNE KABAM PLAYER S12

          In-game Name: ♥Rainbow♥

          Guild Name: Legends

          Class : Archer

          Comment


          • #6
            go Patk Pdef Mdef crit hp gems and no other useless gems......
            R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

            IGN : Illyasviel
            Class : Archer
            Guild : •OneŽ•
            LvL : 80
            Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
            BR : over 9000!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by icesz View Post
              go Patk Pdef Mdef crit hp gems and no other useless gems......
              last time i checked there were just 4 gem slots not 5

              i recommend patk, pdef OR mdef, crit and hp

              Comment


              • #8
                You might want block gems for skytrail and gods descent and wild bosses since these do not take defense in account and only look at resistance. I would trade some mdef for HP gems though. More attack you get the less you will need mdef against mages but there is always sylphs to worry about.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
                  You might want block gems for skytrail and gods descent and wild bosses since these do not take defense in account and only look at resistance. I would trade some mdef for HP gems though. More attack you get the less you will need mdef against mages but there is always sylphs to worry about.
                  .....block gems..............................on archer...............................................
                  R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

                  IGN : Illyasviel
                  Class : Archer
                  Guild : •OneŽ•
                  LvL : 80
                  Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                  BR : over 9000!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by icesz View Post
                    .....block gems..............................on archer...............................................
                    So what 4 gems would you use for skytrail, gods descent, and wild bosses seeing as mdef and pdef is ignored by those monsters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      as archer go maxout ur dps output 1st, kill them before they kill u
                      R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

                      IGN : Illyasviel
                      Class : Archer
                      Guild : •OneŽ•
                      LvL : 80
                      Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                      BR : over 9000!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by icesz View Post
                        as archer go maxout ur dps output 1st, kill them before they kill u
                        ok, thats 2 gems choices from 4 slots, then what?
                        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          hp and pdef/mdef 50/50
                          R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

                          IGN : Illyasviel
                          Class : Archer
                          Guild : •OneŽ•
                          LvL : 80
                          Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                          BR : over 9000!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The recommended gems for archer are patk, hp, crit and charisma, according to the blacksmith.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                              The recommended gems for archer are patk, hp, crit and charisma, according to the blacksmith.
                              Charisma is recommended for vs Knights to make it take them longer to get through your troops. It's the way the game recommends you do to get past the disadvantage that Archers are supposed to have vs Knights. Which was half useful before Sylphs and before troops started falling behind in stats. Could 70 Troops make it better, probably not since we're lvl 80 stuff now. Level 80 Troops might change that, but then they'd still die when sylph phase hits.

                              Mage Blacksmith recommends MAtk, Pdef, MDef, and HP. I run 2 of those only atm. MAtk - Crit - Block - HP is what I run atm. Almost 10k Crit over 9k Block.




                              To the OP, block at your level I'd say no against. Being a lvl 48 most people you'll run into Defense stats work better against then Block. But remember that you gain Bonus HP due to your Passive, so can do PAtk - Crit - HP - Half PDef Half MDef.
                              Last edited by Daehawk; 08-21-2014, 05:54 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X