Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Question about Gems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daehawk View Post
    Charisma is recommended for vs Knights to make it take them longer to get through your troops. It's the way the game recommends you do to get past the disadvantage that Archers are supposed to have vs Knights. Which was half useful before Sylphs and before troops started falling behind in stats. Could 70 Troops make it better, probably not since we're lvl 80 stuff now. Level 80 Troops might change that, but then they'd still die when sylph phase hits.

Mage Blacksmith recommends MAtk, Pdef, MDef, and HP. I run 2 of those only atm. MAtk - Crit - Block - HP is what I run atm. Almost 10k Crit over 9k Block.

To the OP, block at your level I'd say no against. Being a lvl 48 most people you'll run into Defense stats work better against then Block. But remember that you gain Bonus HP due to your Passive, so can do PAtk - Crit - HP - Half PDef Half MDef.
    thats what i said....
    R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
    Class : Archer
    Guild : •OneŽ•
    LvL : 80
    Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
    BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icesz View Post
      thats what i said....
      Only because of his level that he'd want to do that. If he was 80 Block gems become useful over def gems. IcarS69 was talking about for Sky Trial and Gods Descent, which as a lvl 48 doesn't even have access to. He was probably thinking the archer was higher level.

Comment

.....block gems..............................on archer...............................................
        i used block gems on my archer, had 4k block at one stage, was blocking 50-75% of the time, slowly got bored of it though, swapped them for HP

my current gems are
        8 patk
        8pdef
        8mdef
        4 crit
        4 hp
        IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
        Class: Archer
        Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
        Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

hp and pdef/mdef 50/50
          You do not like block gems yet when your told to name 4 gems for skypath, gods descent, and wild bosses where pdef and mdef do not matter and you choose pdef and mdef still? lol

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
            You do not like block gems yet when your told to name 4 gems for skypath, gods descent, and wild bosses where pdef and mdef do not matter and you choose pdef and mdef still? lol
            I ran block gems for a day to see if it helped in sky trail, necro, or pvp. There was no difference having the gems slotted vs. just the astral+medal. Had 4-5k block. I counted how many times it proc'd in a few bgs for each fight. I also ran all my pve stuff and counted there, too. It proc'd about 10% in both pve and pvp. So I went back to defense.
            8 patk, 8 crit, 8 hp, 4/4 p/mdef

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              I ran block gems for a day to see if it helped in sky trail, necro, or pvp. There was no difference having the gems slotted vs. just the astral+medal. Had 4-5k block. I counted how many times it proc'd in a few bgs for each fight. I also ran all my pve stuff and counted there, too. It proc'd about 10% in both pve and pvp. So I went back to defense.
              8 patk, 8 crit, 8 hp, 4/4 p/mdef
              good, block is useless on archers anyway
              R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

Comment

Block is very good on archer. I have around 4.5k block right now without any gems, but I have over a 50% proc rate on block in skytrail. In PVP it works very well against mages aoes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
                  Block is very good on archer. I have around 4.5k block right now without any gems, but I have over a 50% proc rate on block in skytrail. In PVP it works very well against mages aoes as well.
                  do u have the adv astrals yet?

Comment

do u have the adv astrals yet?
                    Yes, but not the % to the slots yet. I know you can pierce block now but as far as I know PVE does not have that feature still. The higher your BR over the target the more likely block will proc, just like if you are much lower BR your going to get hit with critical hits much more.

Comment

on what lvl are u at sky trial?

Comment

Having a bit block is really nice, even if you're not a knight. o: Has been really nice on a mage I've used in necro and skytrails, and also another archer that I have used on those two. Before the patch it was most useful on my own knight char, when fighting skytrails 2-10. Kinda sucks the heal got capped though, but still nice for a damage reduction.

Comment

on what lvl are u at sky trial?
                          Been on 3-5 for 2 months. Finally starting to work on dark resistance stones so I can try and beat it. block reduces 50k damage from the boss.

Comment

as a 59 archer i run these gems:

Patck
                            Crit
                            Crit damage
                            Mdef&Pdef

Comment

block gems are superior to def gems in pve situations if boss uses mtak then 50% of your gems are useless, block reduces damage by 25% for every 4k or so def you only reduce damage by 2% or so if you have high block proc it will do you well so in cases of skytrail etc replace all physical defence gems if boss doesnt use physical attacks with block and do the same for m.def and hp IS VERY IMPORTANT IN PVE SITUATIONS, you gain more from putting points to hp in mount training than you do armour not in br of course, im not saying armour is bad either, its just as bosses get stronger in offence your armour does not increase enough to be very significant help hp on the other hand is another story
                              having lag? in-game problems? JUST BUY MORE BALENS

Comment

Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
                                block reduces damage by 25% for every 4k or so
                                my friend i beg to differ
                                http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...-revealed.html
                                Moistify!

Comment

Working...
                                X