X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R262181389
    started a topic Question about Gems

Question about Gems

I got a question about my gem setup. I have mostly level 5 and the rest being level 6 gems. On each piece of equipment, I have PATK, PDEF, MDEF, and Crit. Right now, the defense gems are all level 5. What I would like to know is would it be better to take those defense gems out and replace them with a block gem? That would free up another slot for an HP or Charisma Gem. Would I get better results doing that or would I end up taking more damage?

• MageRockz
    replied
    U need mdef too man , other wise Ewd mages will eat u Alive .
    Last edited by MageRockz; 08-26-2014, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• haquebd
    replied
    Though i am not a pro archer but i thi.k the gems should be patk,pdef,crit and hp. can replace hp with block later when u have good amout of hpo

Leave a comment:

• mydnight0
    replied
    Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
    I got a question about my gem setup. I have mostly level 5 and the rest being level 6 gems. On each piece of equipment, I have PATK, PDEF, MDEF, and Crit. Right now, the defense gems are all level 5. What I would like to know is would it be better to take those defense gems out and replace them with a block gem? That would free up another slot for an HP or Charisma Gem. Would I get better results doing that or would I end up taking more damage?
    As i have on my knight Patack/Pdef/Crit/HP .. that setup is the best even for an archer i guess..Pdef gems good for CW and HP for healing/Tanking more and Crit so u dont miss in sylph form as for Block it might be a waste of gems as block doesn't work the way other stats do.

Leave a comment:

• 696969-
    replied
    Originally posted by MageRockz View Post
    your gem set up on your gear can be PATK , PDEF, HP and CRIT . on your gear . and on the jewels and rings , it can be PATK, MDEF , HP and CRIT , at least thats what i have seen on some pro archers at your lvl with 60k br
    i also agree with this as archers are patk users(duh) so they would gain the small pdef from attributes such as strength and power so eventually there would be no need to put in pdef gems only to increase mdef and hp is a good choice as the archers passive gives him/her a 20% hp boost

Leave a comment:

• MageRockz
    replied
    Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
    your gem set up on your gear can be PATK , PDEF, HP and CRIT . on your gear . and on the jewels and rings , it can be PATK, MDEF , HP and CRIT , at least thats what i have seen on some pro archers at your lvl with 60k br

Leave a comment:

• 696969-
    replied
    Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
    i got some insight on damage calculations from watrune balens blog, block is incredibly viable in pve like i said before only most of the time only 50% of your defence astrals work in pve based on bosses attacking nature, block is excellent for all classes in sky trail,necro etc
    i guess but they capped the knights block heal to 3k :/ so knights are slightly worse off from this 3.1 patch...

Leave a comment:

• ligerwill7
    replied
    i got some insight on damage calculations from watrune balens blog, block is incredibly viable in pve like i said before only most of the time only 50% of your defence astrals/gems work in pve based on bosses attacking nature, block is excellent for all classes in sky trail,necro etc
    Last edited by ligerwill7; 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 696969-
    replied
    Originally posted by ligerwill7 View Post
    block reduces damage by 25% for every 4k or so
    my friend i beg to differ
    http://wartune-balens.blogspot.hu/20...-revealed.html

Leave a comment:

• ligerwill7
    replied
    block gems are superior to def gems in pve situations if boss uses mtak then 50% of your gems are useless, block reduces damage by 25% for every 4k or so def you only reduce damage by 2% or so if you have high block proc it will do you well so in cases of skytrail etc replace all physical defence gems if boss doesnt use physical attacks with block and do the same for m.def and hp IS VERY IMPORTANT IN PVE SITUATIONS, you gain more from putting points to hp in mount training than you do armour not in br of course, im not saying armour is bad either, its just as bosses get stronger in offence your armour does not increase enough to be very significant help hp on the other hand is another story

Leave a comment:

• LumiSensifity
    replied
    as a 59 archer i run these gems:

Patck
    Crit
    Crit damage
    Mdef&Pdef

Leave a comment:

• IcarS69
    replied
    Originally posted by icesz View Post
    on what lvl are u at sky trial?
    Been on 3-5 for 2 months. Finally starting to work on dark resistance stones so I can try and beat it. block reduces 50k damage from the boss.

Leave a comment:

• UesugiAnkit
    replied
    Having a bit block is really nice, even if you're not a knight. o: Has been really nice on a mage I've used in necro and skytrails, and also another archer that I have used on those two. Before the patch it was most useful on my own knight char, when fighting skytrails 2-10. Kinda sucks the heal got capped though, but still nice for a damage reduction.

Leave a comment:

• icesz
    replied
    on what lvl are u at sky trial?

Leave a comment:

• IcarS69
    replied
    Originally posted by icesz View Post
    do u have the adv astrals yet?
    Yes, but not the % to the slots yet. I know you can pierce block now but as far as I know PVE does not have that feature still. The higher your BR over the target the more likely block will proc, just like if you are much lower BR your going to get hit with critical hits much more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X