Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archer Tactic Why No One Has Thought Of It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Tactic Why No One Has Thought Of It?

So As I Was Tinkering Again with Archer Skill Tree I noticed Scatter Shot Debuffs Enemies but at lv.2+ It has a QTE Reducing Enemy Rage by 10..I'm Like woah...what would it be like if 3 Archers paired up and used this right off the bat? ._. -30 rage for the entire enemy team?...Anyone wanna try this? *cough* for the sake of research *cough*

What The Skill Tree Might Look Like Revolving At Least Lv.40

Click image for larger version

Name:	Archer Scatter Shot Build.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1732924
    Last edited by ProNab; 10-06-2012, 02:09 AM.
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

nice try but this will fail

reason why it will fail

after you use it what you gonna do?

after all 3 of you pop it, now you got no rage, NOW...you got keep on popping that 1/5 arrow strike for 4x turns before you can do anything. by then ...all 3 of you should be dead...
    Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

It's not, that no one thought of it. It's that it's not worth it. In fact, took you a while 'til you found it.
      You will need 4-6 rounds of arrow strike to use deep freeze, mind you your arrow strike and multi-shot are weak and multi-shot would just hold you from getting enough rage for your only nuke skill. By that time, they can aoe you at least 2 times with ROF If I'm not mistaken (16 rage cost, while getting 8 rage each shot, maybe even rage reduction from enemies hit). Yea, they would tell you to fly a kite. Personally, 3 lunatic fire archers with crazy patk sound more useful.
      Do feel free to try it out though.
      Last edited by Kadai; 10-06-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Fine then keep arrow strike and multi maxed for all I care, but fact remains you should be able to build p rage much faster then mages/knights ._.
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
          Fine then keep arrow strike and multi maxed for all I care, but fact remains you should be able to build p rage much faster then mages/knights ._.
          The fact is there we can build it faster. But you have to keep an eye on rage consumption as well for it to work out. The mage aoe has low consumption, hence you would just stop them from using meteo, and resort only to ROF for 16 rage. I'm pretty positive mages gain 8 rage per lightning bolt, correct me if I'm wrong.
          On the other hand you have deep freeze for 35 rage (4-7 rounds of rage building). Bloodthirsty strike, won't help you much, compared to their damage. It's just a last ditch effort at prolonging the fight and nicking a bit hp from their tank.

Edit: Rage building 5 per arrow strike. 10 if arrow strike crits, due to +5 rage during a crit. Multi-shot being a 0 rage in that matter.
          Last edited by Kadai; 10-06-2012, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kadai View Post
            The fact is there we can build it faster. But you have to keep an eye on rage consumption as well for it to work out. The mage aoe has low consumption, hence you would just stop them from using meteo, and resort only to ROF for 16 rage. I'm pretty positive mages gain 8 rage per lightning bolt, correct me if I'm wrong.
            On the other hand you have deep freeze for 35 rage (4-7 rounds of rage building). Bloodthirsty strike, won't help you much, compared to their damage. It's just a last ditch effort at prolonging the fight and nicking a bit hp from their tank.
            Like I said what if ya just ditch those and focus on arrow/multi? wouldn't multi just cancel it's own rage cost? -.- that would buy some time while dealing damage @ a 2:1 ratio yes? meaning Archers= upper hand -.-
            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Like I said what if ya just ditch those and focus on arrow/multi? wouldn't multi just cancel it's own rage cost? -.- that would buy some time while dealing damage @ a 2:1 ratio yes? meaning Archers= upper hand -.-
              Multi-shot wouldn't buy time, just postpone your rage production. Not really an upper hand. What I do is max arrow strike/multi-shot, which aren't the only skills being used, mind you. I use lunatic fire for high patk makes it decent, with it being updated. Could you clarify the 2:1 damage ratio?

Comment

Multi-shot wouldn't buy time, just postpone your rage production. Not really an upper hand. What I do is max arrow strike/multi-shot, which aren't the only skills being used, mind you. I use lunatic fire for high patk makes it decent, with it being updated. Could you clarify the 2:1 damage ratio?
                Scenario: 3 mages vs. 3 archers (we all know whoever spams skills on loading/black screen goes first, so good luck)

Let's SAY Archers get the 1st Go, All 3 Archers Spam Scatter Shot, That's -30 Rage (that's their entire initial supply) (leaves % rage leftover unless you gain some for using the skill)
                Mages will attempt to spam Either RoF or Meteor (we all know it) in this scenario they'd be empty and deal a "normal" atk so they gain simply 2 Rage

So Far: Archers= 5 Rage/Mages= 2 Rage

Archers will then arrow strike most likely (Lv.4) so idk how much rage gain is that but more then likely enough for Multi next turn?
                Mages will Bolt that's +6-8 Rage bringing them up to 10 at most

Archers= ?? Rage (enough for multi or whatever)
                Mages= 10 (at most)

Archers can spam Multi shot this round each dealing 2 hits for a total of 6
                Mages will have to Bolt once more to have enough rage for at least RoF

Archers= ?? (Same Rage as before)
                Mages= 18 Rage at Most

Archers will Arrow strike while Multi is in CD
                Mages will RoF for their 1st time dropping them back to 2 Rage

Archers= rage increase depending on arrow strike
                mages= 2 Rage

so on so forth -.- why must I explain a simple scenario?
                'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

I only asked what you meant by the 2:1 ratio, the scenario I understand. Rage gain from arrow strike is always 5 and with each crit +5 is added. Rage gain does not increase with arrow strike leveling.
                  With that said, it won't work out, unless you're facing pretty much weaker mages. By my guess though, you'd have less health then the mages who would use ROF the second time, just try it out with other mages of your BR with arena sets. On another note, I've only stumbled upon one 3 mage party, the composition is almost always 2 mages + either a knight or an archer.

Comment

I only asked what you meant by the 2:1 ratio, the scenario I understand. Rage gain from arrow strike is always 5 and with each crit +5 is added. Rage gain does not increase with arrow strike leveling.
                    With that said, it won't work out, unless you're facing pretty much weaker mages. By my guess though, you'd have less health then the mages who would use ROF the second time, just try it out with other mages of your BR with arena sets. On another note, I've only stumbled upon one 3 mage party, the composition is almost always 2 mages + either a knight or an archer.
                    stumble upon 3 mages with nice stats and you'll get burnt if ya don't stop their AoE spam, archers have a MUCH Higher HP pool then mages, don't deny that, and if ya work on mdef a bit i'm sure ya can tank a lil bit, like I said, it's worth a Try (I'ma Mage btw -.-)
                    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

So As I Was Tinkering Again with Archer Skill Tree I noticed Scatter Shot Debuffs Enemies but at lv.2+ It has a QTE Reducing Enemy Rage by 10..I'm Like woah...what would it be like if 3 Archers paired up and used this right off the bat? ._. -30 rage for the entire enemy team?...Anyone wanna try this? *cough* for the sake of research *cough*

What The Skill Tree Might Look Like Revolving At Least Lv.40

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25333[/ATTACH]
                      am wating to tests this out witch shood be at some point to day just need to hit lvl 40 but lvl 1 is so **** its unreal dosent drop a pally shild or take off the dam reflect

Comment

stumble upon 3 mages with nice stats and you'll get burnt if ya don't stop their AoE spam, archers have a MUCH Higher HP pool then mages, don't deny that, and if ya work on mdef a bit i'm sure ya can tank a lil bit, like I said, it's worth a Try (I'ma Mage btw -.-)
                        The thing is you only partially stop their aoe. ROF theoretically has more damage output then arrow strikes and multi-shots. Some mages can have decent HP, and in order to raise my mdef I'd have to compromise some of the other important stats. I'm not saying not to try it, I'm saying why it won't be good imo and you're free to try, as mentioned earlier.
                        The thing is, this would work against weaker mages easily, just like my normal tactic with 2 warriors in arena. It get's tougher as they gain in BR 'til they match up with you.
                        In that case, fighting mage-aoe group with these tactics seems like gimping. It is effective against 3 mage group more, then 2 mage + 1 other.
                        The effectiveness of this tactic is also lower against other group compositions.

Comment

Work or not...it wont work on 1v1...and it says "QTE: Rage decreases by 10"...not "QTE: Reducing Enemy Rage by 10"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ima Ohw.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1661714
                          " Mess with the Best, Die Like the Rest"

IGN: ImaOhw
                          Server: Worg Lair
                          Class: Archer (Lvl 55+)
                          Guild: Elite

Guides

Suggestions

Comment

It doesn't work that way QTE makes it cost 20 rage instead of 30 I know because I use it in multiplayer dungeons a lot it helps with removing those reflect shields, attack buffs and high reduce damage shields.

Comment

Originally posted by gagm200 View Post
                              It doesn't work that way QTE makes it cost 20 rage instead of 30 I know because I use it in multiplayer dungeons a lot it helps with removing those reflect shields, attack buffs and high reduce damage shields.
                              Thanks for the info. Never tried that skill yet myself.
                              On another note, I do hope they haven't respeced yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X