Lag Issue Announcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Issue Announcement

We are currently trying very hard to resolve the lag issues. The mentioned optimizations will be updated with patch 5.1. We'll make another announcement if there is any change.

I. Hide Players
    In October we expect to change the default setting to cause all players in Cloud City and the World BOSS to appear invisible. You may still switch player visibility on, but this should help reduce the lag.

II. Battle Optimizations
    1. Players can now choose to hide certain things during battles.
    2. The client will check player's computer properties. When computer performance is poor (frames, CPU utilization, memory footprint), the system will automatically hide less important things during battles.
    3. Players may set what they want to hide during battles.
    4. The settings for hiding things will be kept for the next battle.
    5. Hiding Rules:
    1) Your own character and Eudaemon cannot be hidden.
    2) Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden.
    3) Other players' character names, HP bars and damage display cannot be hidden.
    4) PVE Battles: Monster-related resources will be kept.
    5) PVP Battles: Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden while their character name, HP bar and damage display will be kept.
    Note: "other players" refer to party members as well as opponents

III. Dungeon & Battle Loading Optimizations
    Changed the sequence for reading and loading resources.

Thank you for your continued support to Wartune! We at R2 will continue to do our best to bring you a better gaming experience!

5) PVP Battles: Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden while their character name, HP bar and damage display will be kept.

better if damage display can be hidden.. AoEs in GA = 8 vs 8, it will reduce screen lag by a lot, if damage display can be turned off..
    and fix the **** annoying cache thing, since its been 3 weeks and nothing to be done from your side.. its a nightmare for us who clear cache before the patch, having have to load everything everytime we refresh

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Sivona View Post
      2. The client will check player's computer properties. When computer performance is poor (frames, CPU utilization, memory footprint), the system will automatically hide less important things during battles.
      What about platform that don't have mini client? I play on Kabam, and we do NOT have it.
      Does that means that all those lag-optimizations are only available with mini-client? If so, I don't think it s really fair that players have to fight people from other platforms, as we would still have the loading issues, while R2 players don't.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Sivona View Post
        We are currently trying very hard to resolve the lag issues. The mentioned optimizations will be updated with patch 5.1. We'll make another announcement if there is any change.

I. Hide Players
        In October we expect to change the default setting to cause all players in Cloud City and the World BOSS to appear invisible. You may still switch player visibility on, but this should help reduce the lag.

II. Battle Optimizations
        1. Players can now choose to hide certain things during battles.
        3. Players may set what they want to hide during battles.
        4. The settings for hiding things will be kept for the next battle.
        5. Hiding Rules:
        1) Your own character and Eudaemon cannot be hidden.
        2) Other players' characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden.
        3) Other players' character names, HP bars and damage display cannot be hidden.
        4) PVE Battles: Monster-related resources will be kept.
        Note: "other players" refer to party members as well as opponents

III. Dungeon & Battle Loading Optimizations
        Changed the sequence for reading and loading resources.

Thank you for your continued support to Wartune! We at R2 will continue to do our best to bring you a better gaming experience!
        Thank you for trying to cope with the lag, but:

- guild beast hiding players will be helpful too
        - Hiding rule 2) Other player's characters, Eudaemons and skill effects may be hidden --- if skill effects (especially the numbers including the damage reduction, what was the only thing changing I saw last chaos battle), clothes (long loading) and animations (who cares about jumping archers?), it will be OK, but we need to know at least character/eudemon classes and Delphic scheduling (skill and talent icons).

I miss the battleground/guild battle/chaos war hiding (I want to hide mounts and titles).

Maybe hints:
        - preloaded permanently 3 classes and their skill icons, 5(6) eudemons/skill icons, 8(9) sylphs/skill icons, marriage skill icon, holy seal and runes during login maybe help too than checking explicitly the same all the time and fragmenting cache
        - sequence loading 1) fighting animation [who cares about how others see me in battle], 2) logo animation [very memory consuming], 3) dark to battle fading effect [often freezes so entering battle is longer, and is not logo enough?] needs simplification
        - animation of item adding to inventory, especially in Dragon Invasion, is unneeded as it explicitly enlisted in chat

Comment

Please work on cache only 10kb after patch.

Comment

The main issue in battles is the appearance of clouds of crit display .Please put an option to hide damage displays also.

Comment

bunch of worthless inbreeds , can you not do anything right , 3 years playing and every maintenence you never suprise to **** something up , again again again

Comment

lol wont u atleast ANOUNCE B4 10 MIN THAT there is maintanence ??

Comment

so the lags and bugs fixed? plz fix the disappearing mouse issue

Comment

Loading up game still take too long. The bug that makes it imbossibly too use euda on spire is still there. Mouse keeper keeps disappearing in arena and even in dungeons. Cache issue isint yet fixed..when u guys gona fix these clithes and bugs? this is from server 348...
                    Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
                    Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

Comment

after maintenance = less lag and faster loading but after shutdown server earlier - worst lag and worst loading = miss games. wonderful!

Comment

The Patch takes almost 1hour . Pls fix that issue

Comment

Biggest lag issue is just the dmg numbers pooping up. So by ignoring giving us that option is just stupid. Yes we know that it will cause harder time determine when to heal and such cause we don't see the dmg output in clean numbers, none the less it should be OUR DECISION if we wanna die cause we misjudged or cause of lag.

Comment

So this announcement actually states the lag isn't completely on our side ?

One step at the time I guess..

Comment

This looks like a step in the right direction given how bad the condition of the game is at the moment. But also it makes me wonder what they will break in patch 5.1

Comment

Working...
                              X