5th Anniversary Forum Event Winners!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

The devs have decided to not have a choice of a mount.
    well devs changed mind so no mount as a major prize that's disgusting indeed they went back on their word isn't that against rules of competition hahha well I and prob rest of designers who put forward their mounts should get aleast some small compensation because if r2 and devs use any mount design from competition then the design would be void as its copyrighted to the designer and the designer would seek legal action

Comment

I've finally gotten word on the final winner. I've updated the first post.

Vebsoo Congratulations! Your clothing design has been chosen. We do not have word yet on a specific date for the design to be completed. If you happen to see it in the game before you've been sent one, send me a pm.

Sorry, there was no one chosen to be implemented for the mount design.
      congrats to the winner anyway
      Last edited by Xharry005x; 12-02-2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

congrats to the winner anyway
        Thank You

Comment

"We’ll then select one of the best 10 mounts and put it in the game! Please note that any designs that are very similar to currently existing mounts might not be considered. The actual winning mount may take a few months to design and implement, so please stay tuned!

It clearly states one of the 10 mounts WILL be put in the game. It never says anything about may or may not put one in the game. It would be nice if the devs would follow through with their promises or give each of the 10 winners beast souls as compensation. The people who entered the contest took their time to design a mount so follow through on the contest and either choose a winner of give everyone in the top ten an extra reward. If not then please justify where it says that no winner may be chosen and no major reward will be given if the devs decide they do not feel like giving out what they promised again. The clothing contest stated the same and they chose one of the top ten to be put in the game. When you make a statement that you are going to do something why is it ok for you to turn around and say never mind we decided not to go with our word. This happens far to often in this game. I just do not understand this at all.
          Last edited by Fullofsass; 12-19-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullofsass View Post
            "We’ll then select one of the best 10 mounts and put it in the game! Please note that any designs that are very similar to currently existing mounts might not be considered. The actual winning mount may take a few months to design and implement, so please stay tuned!

It clearly states one of the 10 mounts WILL be put in the game. It never says anything about may or may not put one in the game. It would be nice if the devs would follow through with their promises or give each of the 10 winners beast souls as compensation. The people who entered the contest took their time to design a mount so follow through on the contest and either choose a winner of give everyone in the top ten an extra reward. If not then please justify where it says that no winner may be chosen and no major reward will be given if the devs decide they do not feel like giving out what they promised again. The clothing contest stated the same and they chose one of the top ten to be put in the game. When you make a statement that you are going to do something why is it ok for you to turn around and say never mind we decided not to go with our word. This happens far to often in this game. I just do not understand this at all.
            The devs didn't like the mount designs that were submitted, so they don't feel there was a best and none will be implemented. The winners of the voting round still got their rewards.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

That is not what was written. Words are being mixed up. When they chose the 10 mounts, those were the best 10 mounts. I find it amazing how words are always twisted in this game to have the best outcome for the devs and not the people playing and spending money. When a contest is put on there is a winner. We were told there would be a grand winner basically now words are being twisted because they did not like any of the mounts. It never said if the devs do not like any of the top ten mounts chosen then there will not be a winner. Please do not treat us like we are children and can not comprehend what was promised. There was no grand prize given out and a grand prize was promised just like it was in the clothing. Just say we are not getting what was promised and end it. Please dont treat us like we have no clue what is actually going on. This will be the last contest I enter and as I have watched the mount designs dwindle each year I think a lot alreay caught on to the **. Write the words clearly, do not interpret them the way that works best for wartunes. Wartunes has always done what is best for itself and not for the players. I know the devs tell you all how to respond, tell them we are clearly a lot smarter than that.

Comment

That is not what was written. Words are being mixed up. When they chose the 10 mounts, those were the best 10 mounts. I find it amazing how words are always twisted in this game to have the best outcome for the devs and not the people playing and spending money. When a contest is put on there is a winner. We were told there would be a grand winner basically now words are being twisted because they did not like any of the mounts. It never said if the devs do not like any of the top ten mounts chosen then there will not be a winner. Please do not treat us like we are children and can not comprehend what was promised. There was no grand prize given out and a grand prize was promised just like it was in the clothing. Just say we are not getting what was promised and end it. Please dont treat us like we have no clue what is actually going on. This will be the last contest I enter and as I have watched the mount designs dwindle each year I think a lot alreay caught on to the **. Write the words clearly, do not interpret them the way that works best for wartunes. Wartunes has always done what is best for itself and not for the players. I know the devs tell you all how to respond, tell them we are clearly a lot smarter than that.
                You aren't getting what R2 promised the rewards would be because the devs decided after the contest was run that they disliked every submission and would not be implementing any of them, which means there is no grand prize to be given away.

If this event runs in the future, and if I am still here for it, I will definitely make sure there is a clause that spells out that the devs have to actually plan to implement one of the designs before there can be a grand prize winner to avoid any future misunderstanding.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

There was no misunderstanding what so ever. Please if you could show us where it said the devs do not have to give out the grand prize if they don't like them. I have been dealing with R2 and everyone trained by R2 for a long time now. Most of us realize how the game operates so I do not really know why this annoys me more than other things they have done. I am done now. You do not have to reply since you will not be able to show me where they wrote that. Thank you for your time.

Comment

I am very confused. R2 stated there was no mount picked out of the mount contest we had in September yet the new mount that has been put out is directly off the idea of the mount winner. It is the same design just fancied up. The year the laser squirrel won, the picture entered was a simple drawing of a squirrel with directions of the idea the person who designed it wanted. So you do not choose a winner but you take a design that was clearly right out of the contest. How do you justify this?

Comment

Thank you for pointing this out. I will have a chat with R2 about this.

Comment

I am very confused. R2 stated there was no mount picked out of the mount contest we had in September yet the new mount that has been put out is directly off the idea of the mount winner. It is the same design just fancied up. The year the laser squirrel won, the picture entered was a simple drawing of a squirrel with directions of the idea the person who designed it wanted. So you do not choose a winner but you take a design that was clearly right out of the contest. How do you justify this?
                        all i can say is copyright infringement did they ave 1: permission of the owner to use the design (maybe not) 2: said they wernt picking a overall winner and any mount from contest wasn't going to be used (all lies and b . s) 3: no compensation to players that did draw or compose a mount (for time wasted)

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

all i can say is copyright infringement did they ave 1: permission of the owner to use the design (maybe not) 2: said they wernt picking a overall winner and any mount from contest wasn't going to be used (all lies and b . s) 3: no compensation to players that did draw or compose a mount (for time wasted)
                          Before we get carried away.. R2 owns the rights for designs submitted to the forum (this is covered in the ToS, last paragraph under User Content). The devs can, at any time, go back through previous design events and decide to use any of the submitted designs, but that does not mean the person who designed it will get anything for it.

The issue here, with this specific event, is the devs claimed there were no winners because they would not be using any of the designs. And now we have a mono wing mount, which is a unicycle with wings, which is similar enough to the entry in the competition the devs claimed they would not use any of the designs from. It's not unheard of to have a change of heart, or maybe the dev who implemented this design wasn't on the team during this contest and saw the unicycle in a file on their computer and liked it, or perhaps they did lie and say they weren't using any of the designs because they didn't know if they would and R2 was pressuring them to make a decision. Regardless, I do feel that in this instance because of not choosing a winner at the time, and then taking inspiration from a design anyway, that we should retroactively make it the grand prize winner and apply the grand prize rewards. And that is what I will be having a chat with R2 about.

Comment

Thank you for pointing this out. I will have a chat with R2 about this.
                            Thank you very much. It is a very cool mount. I do hope the designer does receive the grand prize for that. The mount design competition seems to have a lot of issues. I do hope in the future these issues get cleared up as the event is fun for a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                            X