Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Wartune Weekly Maintenance 09/14 03:30 AM EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneGuardian View Post

About the fix - yes, it's been more than 3 hours already and yet the only thing we can do is to keep waiting. About the hardware configuration. 8 GB of DDR4 type is good, but I still can't see your Mhz. i3 is currently the oldest generation CPUs, included in made-up configurations, but if insist, then try how it runs on a Skylake or Haswell, for example i7 Skylake 6700k 4.2 Ghz will run this without any trouble. About your internet connection, I didn't mean your month limit or whatever you have, because I seriously doubt that you have an internet connection with the speed of 600Mbps, because that is what really matters, also we are talking about a constant high speed connection. For example I have unlimited internet connection at max speed, which is 200Mbps constant speed.
    To be short, for most people i3 CPUs and slow internet connection creates the problem. To be shorter, your PC configuration is weak. i3 1.8 Ghz is a very slow performance. It is also true that the game has become more laggy, it's only natural ladies and gentlemen, this game is no different than anything else that has been written in code - the more new stuff they add, the more the code goes longer. By going longer the code becomes heavy on the hardware, which will load it and becomes harder and slower to execute. That's why optimization are the most important thing in programming, I used to play this game when it first came out, before sylphs, eudaemons, and the other stuff. Let me tell you that the game then used to load instantly, because the code was really light to read, now u need last generation hardware to achieve full performance.
    lol I ave weak comp I don't own a powerful comp like i3 or i7 and only place I lag is loading into spire

wind 10 pro
    amd Sempron 145 processor 2.80 ghz
    nvidea gforce gtx 550 TI
    4gb internal ram memory

Comment

we are going for 4 h of maintenance, can you at least update your announcement with the expected time of maintenance

Comment

hi, if you gonna extend MT better move weekly MT to wednesday~ i play in oceanic and its not ok if keep missing athena for some rounds , been 2 weeks like this, after MT ofc loading and server up like 5 mins before it start~ not ok for me. -______-
        S124 Mallowcrest (oceanic)
        IGN : Mags
        Guild = Sicario //best helper guild XD
        still learn to be good !

Comment

...little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
          need a little patience, yeah
          just a little patience, yeah
          some more patience, yeah
          need some patience, yeah
          could use some patience, yeah
          gotta have some patience, yeah
          all it takes is patience,
          just a little patience
          is all you need.....
          Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
          Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

Comment

Another elongated "maintenance" with no communication. All we need is the occasional update - what is going on and how long it may take - just communicate and most of the irritation will go away

Comment

First, I don't care how good your english is, the point was that is hard for the others to understand that non-existing language you are using. Second, CPU stands for "Central Processing Unit", the speed of CPU is measured in Hertz, but measuring in Hertz will result in huge numbers, thats why the standard is in Ghz for CPU and Mhz for RAM. Third, GPU stands for "Graphic Processing Unit" and just like DDR for operating memory, the memory of the GPU, which you call simply video card, has also various types of memory, currently GDDR5 is the standard. And for your "informatik", which I suppose should be information, flash player isn't like the GTA V you are playing on your PC. Also internet connection speed isn't measured in megabytes per second, it's Mbps (megabit per second), but if you insist to debate in megabytes in second, im agreed, what really shocked me was that you have discovered the fastest internet connection, I mean how the hell did you get that 70 megabytes per second, when the country with fastest internet connection (South Korea) can barely make it to 300Mbps per second, 30 megabytes per second. Congratulations on your record sir!

Comment

Originally posted by LoneGuardian View Post
                the more new stuff they add, the more the code goes longer. By going longer the code becomes heavy on the hardware, which will load it and becomes harder and slower to execute. That's why optimization are the most important thing in programming, I used to play this game when it first came out, before sylphs, eudaemons, and the other stuff. Let me tell you that the game then used to load instantly, because the code was really light to read, now u need last generation hardware to achieve full performance.
                Not entirely. Although having a PC wich is capable of running things is very important, that isn't the only thing what matters. The internetconnection doesn't matter too, 10Mb/s is more than enough since the datapackets from Wartune are very small to load. What does matters is network-latency (a.k.a. ping). From the Netherlands (where i live) it takes roughly 130ms for a ping to travel to the servers. So it takes a total of 230ms (0.23 seconds) to send a packet to Wartune and receive an answer. That doesn't seem like much but whilst playing you are sending and receiving several packets at once making this stacked 0.23 seconds per packet the experience we call "lag".

I have a Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB DDR4 3200 memory, My connectionspeed is 300Mb/s with a latency (in the Netherlands) of 8ms. I can record BF1 gameplay wile playing on 1920x1200 with settings on ultra and play with a comforteble framerate of 140fps. I run a Minecraftserver 24/7 on this machine and there is no workload i can throw to this PC wich makes it struggle. Wen i have Wartune open the PC isn't flooded with heavy things. Processor is only 10% in use, memory only 1GB in use and network isn't even measureble (so low is the networkusage).

Therefore i know that this lag isn't a problem of my computer, this is a thing of Wartune. Before the patch i've had zero lag, since the patch this game became horrible to play. That's why i cut the playingtime down to 1 hour because i can't cope with this.

Comment

Originally posted by mungrel101 View Post
                  ok so i am in the market for a new laptop, and no friggen idea about ram and ddr and wotnots so can anyone post me adequate specs of what is needed to play this game with minimal lag.i would appreciate it very much, got a good internet connection but that means diddly squat on this ancient thingy i have now.
                  If you really don't have any idea about hardware specs, the best you can do is to ask someone who do have that idea. Or you can check the benchmarks and see other people's reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by mungrel101 View Post
                    ok so i am in the market for a new laptop, and no friggen idea about ram and ddr and wotnots so can anyone post me adequate specs of what is needed to play this game with minimal lag.i would appreciate it very much, got a good internet connection but that means diddly squat on this ancient thingy i have now.
                    32 cores cpu but i think you'd still lag tbh . i have amd 10 cores and 200mb fibre optic internet and still get lag spikes, i thnk its their end maybe faulty ram or memory leak etc.
                    BuzzKill
                    Shadow Vale

Comment

Whats the good of a new comp when the game dont work

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Dagny View Post
                        Wartune will be having a Maintenance on Thursday, the 14th of September at 03:30 AM EDT (00:30 AM PDT, 08:30 AM GMT+1, and 15:30 PM GMT +8) for all servers.

Maintenance is expected to take approximately 1 hour but could be shorter or longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

Please be aware that Astrals Captured, but not claimed or sold will be lost during maintenance. If you have Astrals left unclaimed, please claim them before maintenance starts. Please log out as well before the maintenance to avoid data loss. We'll make another announcement if the maintenance is extended due to unexpected issues. Thank you.

Note:
                        Considering the various bugs such as ranking/Hot Event resets and Dimensional War reward issues that may result due to the maintenance, we've prepared the following compensation for all servers involved:
                        1,000,000 Gold
                        1,000,000 Daru
                        Extreme Stamina Potion x1
                        Lvl. 2 Bonus EXP Scroll x1
                        Double Honor Scroll x1
                        Adv. Mahra x20
                        Adv. Sepulcrum x20

Patch Notes:
                        1. Optimized game loading.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support! See you all in-game!
                        will they finish maint until tomorrow ?

Comment

Well I am amazed at the fish stories you guys are telling. All that I have heard and experienced for the last 5 years is the incredible amount of lag we all suffer. Yet after 5 years of them adding more activities and the number of dead toons, you two suffer little to no lag. Most of us on the US servers are running higher end machines, so that is not the issue, it has to be we are not bless by the no lag gods like you areā€¦.. Honestly, it is Adobe Flash plain and simple that causes the lag, it is a resource hog from the get go and then you add the tons of new code over 5 years along with the number of abandoned toons that reside on each server and that spells tremendous amount of lag.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Dagny View Post
                            Wartune will be having a Maintenance on Thursday, the 14th of September at 03:30 AM EDT (00:30 AM PDT, 08:30 AM GMT+1, and 15:30 PM GMT +8) for all servers.

Maintenance is expected to take approximately 1 hour but could be shorter or longer. Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates or changes.

Please be aware that Astrals Captured, but not claimed or sold will be lost during maintenance. If you have Astrals left unclaimed, please claim them before maintenance starts. Please log out as well before the maintenance to avoid data loss. We'll make another announcement if the maintenance is extended due to unexpected issues. Thank you.

Note:
                            Considering the various bugs such as ranking/Hot Event resets and Dimensional War reward issues that may result due to the maintenance, we've prepared the following compensation for all servers involved:
                            1,000,000 Gold
                            1,000,000 Daru
                            Extreme Stamina Potion x1
                            Lvl. 2 Bonus EXP Scroll x1
                            Double Honor Scroll x1
                            Adv. Mahra x20
                            Adv. Sepulcrum x20

Patch Notes:
                            1. Optimized game loading.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your support! See you all in-game!
                            And its still MT - guys r u giving us New Patch (Patch Loading 10.0)

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post

Not entirely. Although having a PC wich is capable of running things is very important, that isn't the only thing what matters. The internetconnection doesn't matter too, 10Mb/s is more than enough since the datapackets from Wartune are very small to load. What does matters is network-latency (a.k.a. ping). From the Netherlands (where i live) it takes roughly 130ms for a ping to travel to the servers. So it takes a total of 230ms (0.23 seconds) to send a packet to Wartune and receive an answer. That doesn't seem like much but whilst playing you are sending and receiving several packets at once making this stacked 0.23 seconds per packet the experience we call "lag".

I have a Ryzen 7 1700 with 16GB DDR4 3200 memory, My connectionspeed is 300Mb/s with a latency (in the Netherlands) of 8ms. I can record BF1 gameplay wile playing on 1920x1200 with settings on ultra and play with a comforteble framerate of 140fps. I run a Minecraftserver 24/7 on this machine and there is no workload i can throw to this PC wich makes it struggle. Wen i have Wartune open the PC isn't flooded with heavy things. Processor is only 10% in use, memory only 1GB in use and network isn't even measureble (so low is the networkusage).

Therefore i know that this lag isn't a problem of my computer, this is a thing of Wartune. Before the patch i've had zero lag, since the patch this game became horrible to play. That's why i cut the playingtime down to 1 hour because i can't cope with this.
                              Right about the ping (ms), I completely forgot to mention about that, because in my country my latency is 12 ms and usually I don't bother myself with it . It's true that the biggest problem comes form Wartune itself, but also the software keeps developing and if the hardware can't keep up with it - it "dies", but yes, the big problem as I already admit is still the poor coded game. I mean...Just think about it, you don't decrease the in-game lag of Wartune by shutting a few running processes or something like that, nope, you do it by using morph card...

Comment

Originally posted by R29137221 View Post
                                Honestly, it is Adobe Flash plain and simple that causes the lag,
                                Flash only utilizes 1 processorcore making the workload horrible with games like Wartune. The devs cannot fix that unless they rewrite the game for HTML5 or so. The gameplay will never be the same like 2014, too much is added, too little is optimized for running on 1 processorcore. There are things the devs can do about it, they can make things better when they cut down on visuals. They can make things better when cutting down on putting much of things on 1 instance. We all have our hometown, more things from the game should be accessible from the hometown. Putting it all in the city isn't helping.

And i bet there are tons of things wich can be optimized but everytime the devs add more and more to the city and remove more and more from our hometown.

Comment

Working...
                                X