Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Wartune/Wartune Reborn Flash End of Life

Dear Players,

We are pleased to announce Wartune/Wartune Reborn will remain accessible via the R2 Client following the end of Flash support. The R2 Client will continue to be optimized for better playability.

Additionally, a dedicated client for Wartune/Wartune Reborn is in process and will be released very soon. Please keep an eye on News and Events for future announcements regarding the WT/WTR Client.

Thank you for your continued support.

Originally posted by MemoryLane2 View Post
    Dear Players,

We are pleased to announce Wartune/Wartune Reborn will remain accessible via the R2 Client following the end of Flash support. The R2 Client will continue to be optimized for better playability.

Additionally, a dedicated client for Wartune/Wartune Reborn is in process and will be released very soon. Please keep an eye on News and Events for future announcements regarding the WT/WTR Client.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Quick Question:
    Is Wartune (and GameRocks Wartune) still accessible via browser (URL) from this point on? Or is it client-only?
    We can find an older version of a browser and continue to play with Flash support.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post

Quick Question:
      Is Wartune (and GameRocks Wartune) still accessible via browser (URL) from this point on? Or is it client-only?
      We can find an older version of a browser and continue to play with Flash support.
      I'll get back to you once I have your answers.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

I'll get back to you once I have your answers.
        Thank you. Looking forward to the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post

Thank you. Looking forward to the answers.
          Gamerocks WT will use the same clients, but I'm not sure if they'll want to encourage people to risk security by using vulnerable versions of flash and outdated browsers, so I don't think we'll get a solid answer to the question. I'll touch base with them in a few months and see if they have any updates on keeping the browser links live or not. They said there's no information about that at this time.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

just shut down wartune and give everyone there recharges done to them on a different game .. like if have recharged 10k USD on wartune and they choose LoAIII give them a 10k USD recharge there

Comment

Originally posted by fsaboor2 View Post
              just shut down wartune and give everyone there recharges done to them on a different game .. like if have recharged 10k USD on wartune and they choose LoAIII give them a 10k USD recharge there
              felling sorry for you

Comment

Well if you bother to look at the 'live stats' on R2Games.com, Wartune actually has by far the largest live player base.

Comment

That's not how game closures work, as they've all only transferred the prior 3 months worth, but Wartune will not be closing. It's also still the game with the most players, so it won't be closing any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

Gamerocks WT will use the same clients, but I'm not sure if they'll want to encourage people to risk security by using vulnerable versions of flash and outdated browsers, so I don't think we'll get a solid answer to the question. I'll touch base with them in a few months and see if they have any updates on keeping the browser links live or not. They said there's no information about that at this time.
                    Thanks for the prompt response ML!

If security is their concern, then they should keep the links alive. There's no such thing as an "old and vulnerable version of Flash" because Flash itself is considered "old and vulnerable". That's the reason why some browsers such as Chrome and Edge will refuse to let Flash run in them. But there is no shortage of latest browsers that still support Flash. The R2 client also uses the same Flash as Chrome and Edge; it just doesn't complain, that's all.
                    The client is much better than a full-blown browser on Windows 10. On other platforms (Mac, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, or any other Linux flavors) it never seemed to work at all. Browser access is about the only way people could play from over there. Some of the latest browsers on those platforms also still support Flash. According to reports from multiple sources (Gartner, MarketWatch, etc.), Windows has about 11%-70% market share (lower on mobile, higher on workstation), it makes sense to let the other 30-89% play the game as well.

Comment

Would there be advanced perks level after level 100 with this update?

Comment

nah there wont be

Comment

would we have to start over again at lvl1

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by grimmreaper1 View Post
                              No. Character/server data is not impacted.

Comment

Working...
                              X