Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Get Rid of FLASH and download the Mini-Client to have fun in R2Games!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Announcement] Get Rid of FLASH and download the Mini-Client to have fun in R2Games!

    Adobe has officially announced that it will stop supporting Flash at the end of 2020 and will become unavailable for most browsers. R2Games has been using Adobe Flash to deliver content and games for more than 10 years. Now it’s time to part ways, but we would like to express our gratitude for its continuous support to our games.

    To offer our players better gaming experience, we have updated our Mini-Client. We ensure that you and your game progress won’t be affected by the recent changes. R2Games Mini-Client will replace Flash and continue to accompany you in your adventure. Thank you for your understanding.
    Download the Mini-Client and have fun in R2Games now! Simply follow the directions below to get started.

    Step1: Download the Mini-Client
    Read more about the Mini-client via https://www.r2games.com/client/
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	2012473

    Step2: Install the Mini-Client
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	2012474

    Step3: Log in R2Games
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	2012475

    Step4: Your progress will be automatically loaded in R2Games
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	2012476
    Last edited by isaac.li; 09-29-2020, 05:10 AM.
    R2 community Discord:
    https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

  • #2
    This is the regular r2 client, Not the mini client. R2client also runs on flash. I also HATE this interface. The huge area at the top where your account icon is. That whole area takes up too much space.
    Frozenshade
    R2Games
    S385 CrimsonLair

    Comment


    • #3
      This is what the mini client should look like, only when I downloaded it from the survey I can't log into it. No one can. Also I'm pretty sure this still uses flash.
      Attached Files
      Frozenshade
      R2Games
      S385 CrimsonLair

      Comment


      • #4
        "To offer our players better gaming experience, we have updated our Mini-Client"
        you sure about this? mine still on version 1.0.7 and there is no update that i can find
        Last edited by Numbnuts; 09-29-2020, 06:07 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Same old r2 client, same flash-based system, you are just fooling yourself.

          Comment


          • #6
            This not a thread about the Wartune mini client. This just the beginning of the push for people to get the R2 client because flash games will not be available through browser. ProCity messed up and sent everyone the download link to their WT mini, we'll get ours soon.

            Of course the client has flash. Adobe Flash being discontinued doesn't suddenly make the games not be flash games. Flash games still need flash. The WT mini client also has a flash plugin included.

            Feedback is important and is forwarded, so do keep commenting about the R2 client.

            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

            Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

            Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

            Rules of the Forum are found here.

            R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
              This not a thread about the Wartune mini client. This just the beginning of the push for people to get the R2 client because flash games will not be available through browser. ProCity messed up and sent everyone the download link to their WT mini, we'll get ours soon.

              Of course the client has flash. Adobe Flash being discontinued doesn't suddenly make the games not be flash games. Flash games still need flash. The WT mini client also has a flash plugin included.

              Feedback is important and is forwarded, so do keep commenting about the R2 client.
              Which means they didn't convert the game to html5, and again it gonna be the same flash laggy game but the only difference is they gonna use a built-in flash inside their client, that's it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mrcamo View Post

                Which means they didn't convert the game to html5, and again it gonna be the same flash laggy game but the only difference is they gonna use a built-in flash inside their client, that's it?
                It's never been mentioned anywhere that they would be converting this game to html5. For 2 years, I have responded to every speculation thread to not expect an html5 conversion, that there would probably be another way to run the flash content. I don't know how lag will be impacted or improved when we stop using adobe flash. It is a built in player for flash being used in the client. It is probably the same built in player many other companies are using to work around the need for adobe flash.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

                Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

                Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

                Rules of the Forum are found here.

                R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

                  It's never been mentioned anywhere that they would be converting this game to html5. For 2 years, I have responded to every speculation thread to not expect an html5 conversion, that there would probably be another way to run the flash content. I don't know how lag will be impacted or improved when we stop using adobe flash. It is a built in player for flash being used in the client. It is probably the same built in player many other companies are using to work around the need for adobe flash.
                  Well that's really sad, I thought we finally getting rid of lags as they said but this not gonna happen if they keep using flash.
                  Even if it's a built-in, because I already played games with built-in flash and just like wartune you need to refresh every hour to reset the memory..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Will we be able to run multiple copies of this new mini client like we can the original mini client or will it be like the client if so I won't be able to play the toons I play so the only alternative is to quit the game.
                    angeldust S526 We are part of the Collective, we shall comply, resistance is futile

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Soooo... I guess this is the end of the game for those players like myself who play multiple toons. The client doesn't have tabs like a browser to log multiples in at once. Guess I'll start saying my good-byes to my guildies then.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still no word on when R2 will be making their Mini Client compatable with the Apple OS, is there ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          any news for apple/mac user? gt*rc*de could make client for apple user why r2 cant?
                          [S241 Ironlands - Oceanic Server)
                          IGN : Cardinal
                          Class : Archer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bertalt View Post
                            Soooo... I guess this is the end of the game for those players like myself who play multiple toons. The client doesn't have tabs like a browser to log multiples in at once. Guess I'll start saying my good-byes to my guildies then.
                            then you login on 1 account you get a icon of head on top left on r2 clint call manager alts if clik on that you can add as many you want to it but if that also goes for new then we get it idk it second time we told it is ready while it stil dont exist for r2 players, gues we eithe dont get it or first get it then flash close down.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              idk about this mini-client.. antivirus flagged this big time.
                              ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X