Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Rid of FLASH and download the Mini-Client to have fun in R2Games!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I download this mini client, which is still version 1.07, it says checking for updates failed and does not load, so that is no use whatsoever

Comment

this client is not new, and has never been updated since 2016 - this is evident if you look at the loction where you installed the files

Comment

Originally posted by angeldust261 View Post
        Will we be able to run multiple copies of this new mini client like we can the original mini client or will it be like the client if so I won't be able to play the toons I play so the only alternative is to quit the game.
        Originally posted by bertalt View Post
        Soooo... I guess this is the end of the game for those players like myself who play multiple toons. The client doesn't have tabs like a browser to log multiples in at once. Guess I'll start saying my good-byes to my guildies then.
        https://forum.r2games.com/forum/real...-account-login

s59kabamwallop
        quasox
        No word yet on mac/linux compatibility. We do forward every mention of players not using windows, to hopefully show that we have a big enough playerbase for them to put the effort in to make a client available for mac and linux.

Carassimira False positive. Report it to your antivirus company, they'll look into it and it should be resolved during the next definitions update.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by joolssteve View Post
          When I download this mini client, which is still version 1.07, it says checking for updates failed and does not load, so that is no use whatsoever
          If you have Windows 10: Go to File Explorer - Windows - Program Files (x86) - R2Games - HClInstall. Scroll to the bottom and double click Uninstall. Reboot your PC. Go back to the R2 home page, and download again. See if that helps.
          If you do not have Windows 10, I'm very sorry about the lack of compatibility.
          Originally posted by ellislsd View Post
          this client is not new, and has never been updated since 2016 - this is evident if you look at the loction where you installed the files
          Noticed the same, will ask about that.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Just to add more information to this, would also really want to see what potential lies they advise on this 1

on the 2nd screenshot, this was taken from the download page/source code - buried deep within the code is the date the client/download was modified, this is the day after the client was completed based on the 1st screenshot, date modified of the files.

Comment

Yep, I noticed the same. I will ask about it. A holiday just started, so it'll be a bit before I get an answer.

Comment

Well thanks Memory lane for the explanations..

It certainly does not explain why from the original wartune game page there is a link that says " GET RID OF FLASH " download the latest r2games client and once downloaded you find yourself with a flash base client again...the new version is 1.0.7 either this company is a complete mess or they do not understand what they are advertising at all...

that kind of mess is not helping the game as people like me will certainly not invest 1 cents in this game ...even if i played practically from the beginning..

WBR

ZULUTOWN

Comment

Originally posted by ZuluDeck View Post
                  Well thanks Memory lane for the explanations..

It certainly does not explain why from the original wartune game page there is a link that says " GET RID OF FLASH " download the latest r2games client and once downloaded you find yourself with a flash base client again...the new version is 1.0.7 either this company is a complete mess or they do not understand what they are advertising at all...

that kind of mess is not helping the game as people like me will certainly not invest 1 cents in this game ...even if i played practically from the beginning..

WBR

ZULUTOWN
                  My answer to that is yes.

If they had asked me to proofread this one, I would have put the word Adobe in front of every instance of 'Flash', since it's Adobe Flash that's being gotten rid of. The client has PepperFlash built in.

Comment

To be honest, I already have the R2 client downloaded way back we have it in hot events (wartune mini client login event), It say's players encountered lots of bug. Few days ago, i saw it in r2games website about "wartune client get rid of flash" and i'm hesitant to download it again, from the previous experience that it will not work on non flash.. I guess it has lots of bugs still and its not the updated version of it. I guess they are not ready for non flash client yet.

Comment

adobe flash support was ending, this is not the same as flash will cease working, the client does't even use a up to date version.... really people are making to much fuss, flash was never secure from the start so a lack of version numbers increasing really is meaningless, if the plugin for firefox is installed, it'll still be working, chrome has been difficult for a while but i doubt they'll forcibly try to uninstall and risk losing market share and most other browsers are derived from chrome including the client, there's absolutely no reason the game wont continue to work as poorly and bug-riddened as its always done so.
                      as for the game switching from flash, thats more 7road's area as the ones who actually do it, not that it would be that difficult

Comment

you will lose flash player when you update your computer

Comment

I have downloaded the mini client several times, Each time, when I try to log on, it will not accept my current password. It will accept an older password but then goes to begin a new character

Comment

I have downloaded the mini client several times, Each time, when I try to log on, it will not accept my current password. It will accept an older password but then goes to begin a new character

Comment

Comment

i want to ask..as i play this game from my mobile using puffin .only browser that helps me go to old servers..i wonder if i download miniclient on mobile will it work?? cos mobile app of this game doesnt go to old server

Comment

Working...
                                X