This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R226899074 View Post

It's invalid until the judge signs it.. There's more docs that posted today, here's an important one;
    https://courtsportal.dallascounty.or...NMZyt2J2Q2?p=0
    Guess we are saying bye bye

Comment

Good evening, I was playing on the European servers at 129 deemill, I would like to know what is the status of this whole matter and if the game is really finished or is it only temporary, regards.

Comment

Link do not open.

I want to know about the news on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by mhairiandphil2 View Post

That is actually incorrect. The document states it is Proficient City who owes 8 million dollars, not R2.
          SAY WHAT? That information can be found here
          (2) If part of the above due amount is caused by the failure of your subordinate agent, Reality Squared Game Co., Limited, to pay the revenue share to you, we hereby allow the payment 0f USD552,648.20 ("Amount Owed by the Agent") Within 40 days from the receipt of this letter (for clarity, such permission shall not be regarded as common practice and apply only for one time). https://courtsportal.dallascounty.or...NMZyt2J2Q2?p=0

Comment

Originally posted by Fantazim View Post

SAY WHAT? That information can be found here
            (2) If part of the above due amount is caused by the failure of your subordinate agent, Reality Squared Game Co., Limited, to pay the revenue share to you, we hereby allow the payment 0f USD552,648.20 ("Amount Owed by the Agent") Within 40 days from the receipt of this letter (for clarity, such permission shall not be regarded as common practice and apply only for one time). https://courtsportal.dallascounty.or...NMZyt2J2Q2?p=0
            It's speculation, which is why they used the word "if". Based on the deception thus far, it leads me to wonder "if" so.
            The amount "if" owed, is believed to be 552,648.20 (USD), not 8 million.
            Last edited by R226899074; 10-28-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SERGIOPORTO View Post
              Link do not open.

I want to know about the news on the court.
              You'll need a VPN with USA servers.. iTop vpn is one of many free ones to use.
              Last edited by R226899074; 10-28-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R21535280 View Post

Dealing with courts and lawyers ! They're paid by the hour, so no rush for them.
                Lawsuits seem to never end in days. Sadly, that was the route they had chosen.

Comment

Now it is the 27th day since Game Hollywood shut down Wartune on Oct 3rd 2020.
                  It is also the 6th day since 7Road shut down their Wartune on Oct 24th 2020.
                  People's VIP+SC, items in Makeshift inventory, items in temporary guild vault, and items in the mail are all expiring.
                  Even if either publisher brings back the game in the future, and everyone still cares and still returns to game at that time, I still don't see any solvency unless they change the in-game date back to Oct 3rd 2020 (for GH) or Oct 24th 2020 (for 7Road) and let the game transition itself in a month or so.

Comment

A temp restraining order has been issued. The initial court date for the hearing on the order was October 28th. The Defendant has requested the hearing be changed to Nov. 11. The court has granted that change of hearing date. So doubt very much that post is true. Odds are nothing happens prior to the 11th of November and then there's a final hearing scheduled for December. don't count on playing this any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by dave View Post
                      I agree the order is invalid until the judge signs it, however they usually do not draw up a order until the judge has ruled on the matter at hand.
                      That is not correct. A great lawyer writes up an order for the judge along with their motion because it can be used to influence the judges opinion. The order is the "ideal" of what the lawyer wishes the judge to agree to. It does NOT mean the judge has agreed to it or will ever agree to it.

Comment

Although 7Road presented compelling evidence to oppose the TRO, the fact that they requested an "Unopposed Emergency Motion to Modify Temporary Injunction Schedule and for Early Discovery", which the court has approved. I doubt the judge will decide on anything until Nov. 11th. https://courtsportal.dallascounty.org/.../v5xKyaWFes8Isy0...

This is not looking good for PCL/GH, and it would benefit them to concede now to end this charade, rather than run the risk of letting this play out, and possibly suffer irreparable harm.
                        It looks like PCL/GH at some point has placed blame on F5/R2 for an outstanding debt, which 7Road is willing to give them ample time to collect. And a question remains, is PCL/GH telling the truth or passing unwarranted blame?
                        Last edited by R226899074; 10-29-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I would like to blitz law school so I can better understand what all the legal language means.

So far there's been an emergency temporary restraining order granted which forbids the devs from moving or using data that was copied from ProCity's US based server that the devs had limited access to for updating purposes to a US based server owned by the devs. A hearing was originally scheduled for 10/28 to determine what the injunctive order will be, if any order is granted for the remainder of the case. An extension was granted to move that hearing from 10/28 to 11/11 because the devs didn't feel like they had enough time to build their case against the injunction, and that was agreed to by both sides.

The hearing set for December 17th is an Initial Dismissal Hearing, which is the deadline for both sides to have everything filed, for the court to see if the case moves forward for trial or if it should be dismissed. This date is not the trial date. If the case moves forward for trial, the date is set during this hearing.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

True, MemoryLane. Both parties have submitted their initial motions, briefs are due within the week. From what I've read of the court docs, it does look like PCL does not have as strong a case as though. I'm still wading through them, so might have missed that part about R2G. Th thing I found odd is both 7Road and PCL or not based in the US. 7Road-China and PCL-Hong Kong. I think it was filed in the US due to main server locations.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWalkyr60 View Post
                              True, MemoryLane. Both parties have submitted their initial motions, briefs are due within the week. From what I've read of the court docs, it does look like PCL does not have as strong a case as though. I'm still wading through them, so might have missed that part about R2G. Th thing I found odd is both 7Road and PCL or not based in the US. 7Road-China and PCL-Hong Kong. I think it was filed in the US due to main server locations.
                              It's in the submitted translation where it outlines PCL's financial responsibility, and then states that IF part of that financial responsibility is because R2 has not yet (not that they did not yet) paid their portion to PCL and that's resulted in PCL not paying the devs, then that portion would be due in 40 days instead of when the rest was demanded.

A US venue to discuss what happens to the data makes sense since the data was originally on a US based server, copied from that US based server, and then stored on a different US based server. That makes it assets based in the US, which falls under US jurisdiction.

So far these filings have raised a lot of questions for me. Why wouldn't the devs initiate some sort of proceeding in 2019 if they were really owed as much as $8million? Instead, they continued to actively work with PCL to develop the game per PCL's recommendations. Patch 10 was only 2 months ago, and a lot of changes to the game come from the publishers recommending those changes, so it doesn't make sense to me that the devs would have carried on like nothing was wrong until October 2020 if, as their documents claim, PCL was in breach of contract by even having the game up on their servers as far back as March 2019. Something is still missing from this puzzle.
                              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

All this legal mumbo jumbo is not in any way making things easier for the real losers here...'The Players'.
                                By the time this is finally resolved how many players do you think will actually be here to resume playing...or want to play again after a long time away.
                                Doesn't matter who eventually wins as the trust will be lost in GH/R2 or the other side (we are not allowed to say their name). Already players have had enough & are fed up being the pawns in this saga.
                                Somebody is at fault here but all we are getting is one side of the story (here) & the other side still on maintenance after 5 days so we all losers.
                                Time to pull the plug on this whole debacle & say Wartune is officially dead....both sides can then fight it out in court for a hollow victory.
                                Expecting players to wait, wait, & wait some more is quite frankly a joke.
                                One last point that someone could clarify....as this action is in the US Courts as the data was on a US based server what about us players that are on the European servers..?...surely US Law does not apply to European countries...or does it !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X