The Wartune 1.5 Friday Herald: Cross-Server Battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    so you're saying split the BG's up based on BR instead?

I'd be fine with that. The only detail I'd like to be seen to in that case is lvl 50+ not being to use their Holy Seal on 49 and below.
    BR would work i guess. i like time playing as a measurement most, but doubt that's trackable. whats silly to me is the creation of incentives to arbitrarily slow level or to camp at certain levels. someone who is deliberately skipping SP and MP runs, or deliberately doing lower level ones that give no experience, is making a choice to sacrifice experience for added strength per level. seems odd to reward to arbitrarily reward that choice over other play choices. what you'll end up with a decent chunk of players camping at lvl 49, 59, 69, etc., which just kind of shows how this bifurcation screws up incentives.
    Last edited by R24906631; 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

im so gonna own all till lv 59 im srry but i will do
      Server Name: R2 [S5] Roaring Wetlands
      Character Name: Monstaa
      Class: Knight
      Guild: ☣CAIN☣
      Battle Rating: 84313
      Level: 66
      Vip: 9
      Honor Rank: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
        *Or*... you shouldn't have powerleveled and be a whiny weakling for your level...
        i'm level 41, hardly powerleveling, so this helps me, but i still think its a lousy idea. perhaps you should have just played the game rather than slowleveling so you could whine about one of the pitfalls of slowleveling.

Comment

Originally posted by R24906631 View Post
          BR would work i guess. i like time playing as a measurement most, but doubt that's trackable. whats silly to me is the creation of incentives to arbitrarily slow level or to camp at certain levels. someone who is deliberately skipping SP and MP runs, or deliberately doing lower level ones that give no experience, is making a choice to sacrifice experience for added strength per level. seems odd to reward to arbitrarily reward that choice over other play choices. what you'll end up with a decent chunk of players camping at lvl 49, 59, 69, etc., which just kind of shows how this bifurcation screws up incentives.
          Time: If players A and B both start at the same time. Player A levels quickly, gets bored and quits for a month. Player B plays steadily the entire time and catches Player A up & surpasses him considerably in BR, but not level. Both have played the same amount of total time. Player B wins.

We already have players camping at 39, so this may encourage them to actually level and move forward in the game to camp at 49 for a bit. Or even 59. With the more splits or layers of protection. People who play steadily are much more encouraged to move forward than slow their leveling further.

Personally - I can't see the point in rushing to the end/top level of a game - when I know there's no gear designed for someone my level. Whats the point in being level 70+ while the top gear in the game is 55 PvP or 60 Rage ... seems little point rushing forward for it when I can take my time and have the game last longer without me getting bored.

I'm level 45 btw.
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by R24906631 View Post
            perhaps you should have just played the game rather than slowleveling so you could whine about one of the pitfalls of slowleveling.
            There aren't any. Period. ^_^

Comment

BUT, when this will happen? when this 1.5 patch will come out?

an approximation about the possible release would be nice...
              Trickster - Level 69 - Proud Archer of [S63] Talverton Citadel

Comment

Originally posted by Tiyko View Post
                BUT, when this will happen? when this 1.5 patch will come out?

an approximation about the possible release would be nice...
                This month sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
                  Battlegrounds will be divided by level, with players of level 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and level 70-80 fighting separately.
                  Like this update but why for example are battlegrounds level 30-39 when the PVP sets are level 35?, Would be nice if the BG worked better with these sets since higher sets are more powerful but this update will still be much better then the way it is now.
                  Would also like to see the clutter removed from the BG so we can enjoy it more without the interference at the moment too many items block views of areas we are trying to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
                    ACK! I meant to put that in there. Really I did. Yes, it will be timezone specific. East Coast servers will only duke it out with other East Coast servers.
                    no point in time zone specific if it will be available 10 times a day every hr!

what is the point?

will lead to lack of players in barracket bg's

Comment

time to have fun with other server ^^
                      IGN : Hellacious / Hellacious / Hellacious
                      Job : Knight / Archer / Mage
                      Guild : Indo_Army / BATIK / One♥Piece
                      Server : Temple of Ibalize / Selsmire Stronghold / Alterwood Swamp

Comment

Sweeeeeet!

Comment

new itme to be unlucky lol , when i was low lvl evryone killed me in BG , now i'm starting to be strong and evryon could kill me again bad time

Barrayare Knight lvl 62
                          Guild INSANITY
                          S 49

Comment

BEST update EVER!!!

only thing i don't agree with is the timezone limitation...
                            there is no need for that if the BG is 10 times a day it should be enough for any timezone.

Comment

release date pls
                              permanent ban those hackers!
                              to File ticket/ report suspicious player click link -> :
                              how-to-file-ticket-guilde- ->

Comment

Here at R2Games, as we start the process of converting over 1.5 for Wartune, we'll be releasing little hints and previews of what's to come on Fridays. This week we'll be looking at changes to one of the bigger daily PvP events: Cross-Server Battlegrounds

people do you know read , I saw a lot asking for date , when obviously the thread talked about on fridays ... this week we'll be looking at changes .... maybe this gonna be this friday.

Or maybe its me I am confuse , its also a possibility ))

Comment

Working...
                                X