Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

No Wartune Maintenance for 02/07 and 02/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dking87 View Post
    nope your wrong they have had it for ages if we got it same time version wise then we would have had it in september or october
    After digging some more, it's transactional. R2 has the ability to negate this. It's listed HERE. Still, the content can't be directly adulterated.

Comment

that was a link for r2games.com shows no info there now to prove my point this is the market and we should have had it at almost the begging of wartune but r2 decided not to cause they can pick and choose content
      Last edited by Kitwritten; 02-08-2013, 06:31 PM. Reason: removal of links

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
        After digging some more, it's transactional. R2 has the ability to negate this. It's listed HERE. Still, the content can't be directly adulterated.
        Thank you for the link. There they state "As a publisher, it is our job to manage all marketing and PR for games, locate distribution channels, and carry out day-to-day operations including customer support, community management, promotion/event design and implementation, and, most importantly, ensuring profitability for everyone involved. Ideally, cooperating development teams should primarily focus on creating and maintaining an amazing product, leaving the rest to us."

Guild wars are an event, and an event tied to the profitability of the company/game. Therefore, they say here, that if they so chose, they could leave the change to guild wars out of the patch as it IS an event, and it is a large motivator of the profitability of the game. I am sure with a little work you would find that when a player has a better chance at advancement they are more motivated to spend for the extra pushes, and halving the chances for advancement in this respect may have a profitability impact.
        Server: S31 Tree of Life
        Class: Hybrid Priest
        Level: 49 Scion
        Guild: (S31)zOMGuild

Comment

guys, please.....R2Games-Rules

10. While we do appreciate player's enthusiasm for our games, and their eagerness to get things out to the players, what might be the case in the other versions of our games that exist, may not be the case in ours, and posting information from those games can result in false expectations of our version of the game. As such, information on other versions of our games is not to be posted in the forums and will be removed when found.

talk if you want... but about what is in R2 wartunes, not other versions of wartunes..... I will remove any pics I see, featuring content from other versions
          Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
          Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by dking87 View Post
            that was a link for r2games.com shows no info there now to prove my point this is the market and we should have had it at almost the begging of wartune but r2 decided not to cause they can pick and choose content
            They can alter transactional content which they did by negating the auction house.

Originally posted by dragon922 View Post
            Thank you for the link. There they state "As a publisher, it is our job to manage all marketing and PR for games, locate distribution channels, and carry out day-to-day operations including customer support, community management, promotion/event design and implementation, and, most importantly, ensuring profitability for everyone involved. Ideally, cooperating development teams should primarily focus on creating and maintaining an amazing product, leaving the rest to us."

Guild wars are an event, and an event tied to the profitability of the company/game. Therefore, they say here, that if they so chose, they could leave the change to guild wars out of the patch as it IS an event, and it is a large motivator of the profitability of the game. I am sure with a little work you would find that when a player has a better chance at advancement they are more motivated to spend for the extra pushes, and halving the chances for advancement in this respect may have a profitability impact.
            By 'event' they mean activities, promotions and the like - not the in-game "events". Still, complain away - hopefully they have relayed player sentiment via the appropriate channels.

Comment

They can alter transactional content which they did by negating the auction house.

By 'event' they mean activities, promotions and the like - not the in-game "events". Still, complain away - hopefully they have relayed player sentiment via the appropriate channels.
              I do believe you caught yourself. And are you truly certain that is the extent of the distinction? Also, transactional or not, the fact that has been argued by Zephyric, dragon, and dking is that R2Games can remove content at their leisure. I will put you to shame with my business experience and the extent of MY knowledge of licensing and the like, at best you strike me as no more of an Insider than a typical GameInformer subscriber. You can't cherry-pick as you please I'm afraid, if the Auction House function is transactional and thus would increase profitability, then at the time Patch 1.2 was released here it would have been included because, as you once told me, they think on a corporate mindset. Update Patches which include Events are in all form and fashion Events, there is no option "C". Reading everyone's posts thus far, investigating matters independently, I have concluded based upon my own work experience in the Gaming industry as a whole that you are so far out in left-field it would require a feat of inHuman agility to catch you and bring you back to level ground. Dragon922 was as correct with her post and its meaning as anyone could possibly be, after reading all your responses so far to everyone who's made a point in this thread, it's clear you really have no leg to stand on in all this, I would suggest you quit trying to argue at all before I sit you down and explain to you business and gaming mechanics in detail.
              "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
              Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
              Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
              Plane: Scion / N/A
              Level: 75 / 61
              Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
              Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

Comment

Originally posted by FarFallen View Post
                I do believe you caught yourself. And are you truly certain that is the extent of the distinction? Also, transactional or not, the fact that has been argued by Zephyric, dragon, and dking is that R2Games can remove content at their leisure. I will put you to shame with my business experience and the extent of MY knowledge of licensing and the like, at best you strike me as no more of an Insider than a typical GameInformer subscriber. You can't cherry-pick as you please I'm afraid, if the Auction House function is transactional and thus would increase profitability, then at the time Patch 1.2 was released here it would have been included because, as you once told me, they think on a corporate mindset. Update Patches which include Events are in all form and fashion Events, there is no option "C". Reading everyone's posts thus far, investigating matters independently, I have concluded based upon my own work experience in the Gaming industry as a whole that you are so far out in left-field it would require a feat of inHuman agility to catch you and bring you back to level ground. Dragon922 was as correct with her post and its meaning as anyone could possibly be, after reading all your responses so far to everyone who's made a point in this thread, it's clear you really have no leg to stand on in all this, I would suggest you quit trying to argue at all before I sit you down and explain to you business and gaming mechanics in detail.
                Give me examples of in-game content that has changed aside from transactions/activities. You can argue all you like but in the end the content is the same. I'm not cherry-picking anything - as I conceded that the auction house should have been present by now via parallel patch - but again, it's crystal clear why it wasn't. Other examples please? It's clear that transactional occurrences are the theme here as the objective of the business is to make a profit. Since it's still under review (namely for extensive potential abuse), this is still inline with R2's directive. When players complained about the initial wings being costly or too overpowered, this was within R2's full discretion to change. The guild battle mechanic, though seemingly unfair, will very likely remain as-is. Recall the complaining about previous patch content? What changed? I'll leave that as an mental exercise - albeit an inordinately simple one.

Lastly, since you took a shot, here's one for you: Given your boast of business experience and extensive knowledge of licensing -- but also given your strange grammar, odd capitalization and your predisposition to insults, your workplace probably keeps you in back -- on a leash.

Comment

Give me examples of in-game content that has changed aside from transactions/activities. You can argue all you like but in the end the content is the same. I'm not cherry-picking anything - as I conceded that the auction house should have been present by now via parallel patch - but again, it's crystal clear why it wasn't. Other examples please? It's clear that transactional occurrences are the theme here as the objective of the business is to make a profit. Since it's still under review (namely for extensive potential abuse), this is still inline with R2's directive. When players complained about the initial wings being costly or too overpowered, this was within R2's full discretion to change. The guild battle mechanic, though seemingly unfair, will very likely remain as-is. Recall the complaining about previous patch content? What changed? I'll leave that as an mental exercise - albeit an inordinately simple one.

Lastly, since you took a shot, here's one for you: Given your boast of business experience and extensive knowledge of licensing -- but also given your strange grammar, odd capitalization and your predisposition to insults, your workplace probably keeps you in back -- on a leash.
                  Well I would be offended by your "shot", but it should be miraculous I'm even giving it thought. Nice touch though with the "on a leash" part, I give it a 4/10 for effort, more than I can say for the rest.

What more examples do you really need, anyway, than what has already been provided for you by practically everyone? As well, I'd love to see these complaints about the Wings, and considering those are no less "Event" oriented as Guild Battles according to your own explanation, I question why you even used it as an example in the first place. And, if it is your contention that players complained about the overall 'unfairness' of the initial Wings launch, causing R2 to initiate changes on as you said their sole discretion, what is different about this scenario, the removal of the proposed plan to cut Guild Battles in half? I really see no difference here, nor any reason to indulge you in any form of 'proof' when said proof you have already provided. It's called "Foot-in-Mouth Disorder". When you've finished grasping at straws, feel free to let me know, I'll provide you another full box to fool around with. I can see why everyone else has stopped attempting to give you credit or light of day, you seem to have quite the overconfident attitude in spite of how wrong you are. If you want to believe R2Games is incapable of changing any aspects of games, regardless of classification, when they have already proven they in fact are capable, I shall pat you on the head, give you a lollipop, and send you on your way telling you you are free to believe what you will because the world is built on imagination, then I will return to the land of reality where all you have to offer is as meaningless as the gum I stepped on earlier.

Comment

Well I would be offended by your "shot", but it should be miraculous I'm even giving it thought. Nice touch though with the "on a leash" part, I give it a 4/10 for effort, more than I can say for the rest.

What more examples do you really need, anyway, than what has already been provided for you by practically everyone? As well, I'd love to see these complaints about the Wings, and considering those are no less "Event" oriented as Guild Battles according to your own explanation, I question why you even used it as an example in the first place. And, if it is your contention that players complained about the overall 'unfairness' of the initial Wings launch, causing R2 to initiate changes on as you said their sole discretion, what is different about this scenario, the removal of the proposed plan to cut Guild Battles in half? I really see no difference here, nor any reason to indulge you in any form of 'proof' when said proof you have already provided. It's called "Foot-in-Mouth Disorder". When you've finished grasping at straws, feel free to let me know, I'll provide you another full box to fool around with. I can see why everyone else has stopped attempting to give you credit or light of day, you seem to have quite the overconfident attitude in spite of how wrong you are. If you want to believe R2Games is incapable of changing any aspects of games, regardless of classification, when they have already proven they in fact are capable, I shall pat you on the head, give you a lollipop, and send you on your way telling you you are free to believe what you will because the world is built on imagination, then I will return to the land of reality where all you have to offer is as meaningless as the gum I stepped on earlier.
                    Looks like your entire post is insult-laden and doesn't have anything to which to respond.

Comment

Looks like your entire post is insult-laden and doesn't have anything to which to respond.
                      And thus is game, set, and match. I'll also be happy as any of the others would to debate you on the facts, when you provide worthwhile and actual facts, rather than doing what you had accused Zephyric of earlier and backtracking, not to mention placing yourself at the mercy of your own words which later come back to discredit everything you try to say.

Now have fun kids, while R2 does what R2 is capable of and gives the players their due. And excuse me while I enjoy some popcorn with this victory.

Also, nice dodge on the Wings there, considering I've gone through every post on Wartune's Forums and haven't found a single one relating to the Wings, neither their price nor their "overpowered" status. R2 didnt receive any complaints, therefore if the Wings WERE in fact over-priced and overpowered, it was R2 acting independently to make any adjustments to them, if they in fact did.
                      Last edited by FarFallen; 02-08-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

And thus is game, set, and match. I'll also be happy as any of the others would to debate you on the facts, when you provide worthwhile and actual facts, rather than doing what you had accused Zephyric of earlier and backtracking, not to mention placing yourself at the mercy of your own words which later come back to discredit everything you try to say.

Now have fun kids, while R2 does what R2 is capable of and gives the players their due. And excuse me while I enjoy some popcorn with this victory.

Also, nice dodge on the Wings there, considering I've gone through every post on Wartune's Forums and haven't found a single one relating to the Wings, neither their price nor their "overpowered" status. R2 didnt receive any complaints, therefore if the Wings WERE in fact over-priced and overpowered, it was R2 acting independently to make any adjustments to them, if they in fact did.
                        Not so fast, Mr.-Writer-as-a-profession. Wings were grossly complained over. If you cannot find any, you clearly suck at it. Ya know, not only were they discussed (read: argued) here but also on Kong. R2's forums aren't the only ones.

Game-set-match, my ***. Your previous post was just an insult-fest. I can do the same, Square-Enix flunky. Pretty arrogant of you stating you "told" them ways to change the game and because they didn't follow your advice, they suffered. Lol? All because of ***you***? R-o-f-l.

Comment

Lol

what was this thread about again!!!!

Haha
                          SUPERIORMAN
                          SERVER 82
                          GUILD LEGAL-RO
                          VIP LVL 8 - CHECK
                          WINGS - CHECK
                          RHINO - CHECK
                          LOVE WARTUNE... AHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

Comment

Originally posted by R26405297 View Post
                            Lol

what was this thread about again!!!!

Haha
                            <scratches head> Wartune Maintenance? What the heck? I thought this was game discussion!

Comment

Not so fast, Mr.-Writer-as-a-profession. Wings were grossly complained over. If you cannot find any, you clearly suck at it. Ya know, not only were they discussed (read: argued) here but also on Kong. R2's forums aren't the only ones.

Game-set-match, my ***. Your previous post was just an insult-fest. I can do the same, Square-Enix flunky. Pretty arrogant of you stating you "told" them ways to change the game and because they didn't follow your advice, they suffered. Lol? All because of ***you***? R-o-f-l.
                              My post was fact-based, silly you for following facts with insults, but if that's your choice I'll simply continue to be spot-on accurate and correct and let you go red-faced trying to disprove me. Also, did Ratty not say basically what happens with R2 stays with R2? You lost your Kong-related arguments, and Ratty said to drop them, but oh well. And silly you again, there are no posts arguing the costs or anything else, the only Wings-related posts have been the announcement of their release (met with relatively unanimous praise, mind you) and the Wings mentioned in the Hall of Fame posts, which was in fact met mostly as a fiasco but for a reason that was more related to business and gameplay, not the Wings. If you continue to distort facts then no one will take you seriously, and as to your own insults, welcome to reality, it's a harsh place but once you get used to it the added benefit of clarity is nice.

Now gracefully bow out of contention, you lost long before you began to argue with anyone here, you really do have no insight on the workings and mechanics of games and corporations, I will refuse to indulge you and your inability to distinguish fact from fiction any further. Again, game set and match. You get nothing, you lose, good day sir. And all that other fun.

Comment

My post was fact-based, silly you for following facts with insults, but if that's your choice I'll simply continue to be spot-on accurate and correct and let you go red-faced trying to disprove me. Also, did Ratty not say basically what happens with R2 stays with R2? You lost your Kong-related arguments, and Ratty said to drop them, but oh well. And silly you again, there are no posts arguing the costs or anything else, the only Wings-related posts have been the announcement of their release (met with relatively unanimous praise, mind you) and the Wings mentioned in the Hall of Fame posts, which was in fact met mostly as a fiasco but for a reason that was more related to business and gameplay, not the Wings. If you continue to distort facts then no one will take you seriously, and as to your own insults, welcome to reality, it's a harsh place but once you get used to it the added benefit of clarity is nice.

Now gracefully bow out of contention, you lost long before you began to argue with anyone here, you really do have no insight on the workings and mechanics of games and corporations, I will refuse to indulge you and your inability to distinguish fact from fiction any further. Again, game set and match. You get nothing, you lose, good day sir. And all that other fun.
                                The mods and supermod here said to not bring over CHN. Kong, AA, NG, WT and R2 are fair game.

Are you kidding about no complaints about the normal wings? Do you know how to search a forum? How about: here or here or here or here or here or here. This doesn't even take into consideration the number of posts that were made off the cuff using wings as a complaint but are buried within entire threads devoted to something different.

It's telling that you try and prematurely end the debate with closing-style wordage. Is that what you also do on the job when you don't feel like working?

Comment

Working...
                                X