Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Promotion] It Pays to Consume - Anniversary Edition!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey dz is bug..its always happening to me..my level is 74 percent and it back 2 percent..! dz is *******

Comment

I don't think that any of the special they run are ever worth the cost in real money to get the items. I understand the people you design and moderate this game, all the upkeep and what have you. I don't mind spending a little, but more often than not, things are just not worth the money spent.

Why don't any moderators for these forum ever have anything to say on these topics to justify these costs?

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        I constantly complains about CS problems... and guess what, even in threads I made all you get is bash, LOL.

It's pointless to make a separate CS Thread when all you get are Trolls and nothing else.

Suggestion & Feedback sub-forum is just a giant Troll dumphole... I doubt R2 even looks at or consider any of them.

BTW....

is wrong

Because the event is consume, and what do you do to consume? Buy stuff in R2 CS. (it's not like the event is "Free" and not related to any CS....)
        R2 CS = R2 customer support

yes I agree, its near impossible to start a new thread where people are not trolling it ..and that is why its so hard for players to get their views and concerns noticed by R2 admin... I have seen some very well laid out, intelligent posts about players concerns with issues, unfortunately the majority of them are buried deep in the guts of threads that are full of swearing, trolling, spamming and abuse.

the players may feel justified in their right to express themselves and they have the right to express their opinion... its just the way that they do it, that causes most of the R2 admin to not want to read all the rubbish posts, looking for the gem posts.... and its why any attempt by me to help the players with a decent thread, is going to go down in flames and any attempt by players to have a serious and well laid out thread about their personal concerns and feelings, is a lesson in futility
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Kitwritten, we had this very same problem in our game, early on, especially in the original, Hungarian version. Each topic was drowned by trolling, hate-speaking etc. After a while, I did not even read a topic anymore where flaming was started. And then we did 2 things.

1.) Instead of trying to explain why we did this and that, and ignoring players, we began listening to them. Imagined ourselves in their place, and tried to understand why they say what they say. Were always maximally polite and respectful (even vs trolls!), but not the usual, commerical copy-and-paste polite sentences, we tried to really feel what they want.
          2.) We asked their opinion. And if they didn't like something, we really changed it, or didn't do it. When we made a mistake, we admitted it and tried to undo. We even reduced prices when something was too expensive. We posted votes. What development would you like next? How would you like this new development? We made them feel that the game is for them, and they are not just cows we try to milk as much as possible.

I think those who designed Wartune are top expert in both gaming and marketing. It's just the game grow too huge, they don't really have the time to listen to the players. They just build marketing models, make a promotion, it brings X profit, then make another with 2x cost, they see it brings 1.5X profit. But on the long therm this might not be the most profitable way! I know this is a licence and R2Games right now has no influence at all what happens in the game. But you should have. You bring the most players to Wartune.
          Last edited by Katalogen; 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM. Reason: Removing link.
          My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

WHO THE HELL WILL SPEND 30000 BALENS?! what do they think we are, money banks?!!!!!
            IGN: Frenzone
            SERVER: 287
            CLASS: MAGE
            PLAYER TYPE: NON-CASHER AND NO VIP ( LOL :p)
            LEVEL: 64
            BATTLE RATING: 95k
            SYLPHS:
            2 Star Blue Gaia, 2 Star Blue Iris, 2 Star Blue Pan and 3 Star Blue Fire Sylph :p

Hard training them, but i think its worth it for different situations ^_^

Comment

I really don't understand the complaints about these events.

This is a "It Pays To Consume" event. Telling me "you need to spend 30k balens to get the complete Baroque set" is bizarre. You buy the balens and guess what... You spend those on other things that you want to get anyway. The added items are a bonus. That's all.

Surely this event is better than no event at all?!
              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Fherlayt , i completely support your point.

The game has totally turned into marketing model. Each month event are getting costly day by day. There is no scope now for average balens spender. I afraid, in long term this strategy will not survive. Gradually, players have to move to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                  Kitwritten, we had this very same problem in our game, early on, especially in the original, Hungarian version. Each topic was drowned by trolling, hate-speaking etc. After a while, I did not even read a topic anymore where flaming was started. And then we did 2 things.

1.) Instead of trying to explain why we did this and that, and ignoring players, we began listening to them. Imagined ourselves in their place, and tried to understand why they say what they say. Were always maximally polite and respectful (even vs trolls!), but not the usual, commerical copy-and-paste polite sentences, we tried to really feel what they want.
                  2.) We asked their opinion. And if they didn't like something, we really changed it, or didn't do it. When we made a mistake, we admitted it and tried to undo. We even reduced prices when something was too expensive. We posted votes. What development would you like next? How would you like this new development? We made them feel that the game is for them, and they are not just cows we try to milk as much as possible.

I think those who designed Wartune are top expert in both gaming and marketing. It's just the game grow too huge, they don't really have the time to listen to the players. They just build marketing models, make a promotion, it brings X profit, then make another with 2x cost, they see it brings 1.5X profit. But on the long therm this might not be the most profitable way! I know this is a licence and R2Games right now has no influence at all what happens in the game. But you should have. You bring the most players to Wartune.
                  I could not agree more, maybe im trolling around here but my objective is to try make change for beter future for players and r2 company... but thay just dont want to hear us what we have to say and than we all get ****** around and just spaming how greedy thay are...

my point is... thay have to change if thay want players (who supports tham, give tham cash) to change the way thay post threads here...

im pretty sure thay slowly but surly lossing cash players day by day... offcourse thay are geting new players and new cash in but that will be changed soon couse much new forums are made about this game and r2company disscusing about their greed... and players will know before thay start playing in what thay are geting tham self into...

soo my proposal would be listen to us... listen to players and what thay have to say... take your time to do it... couse you are geting paycheks from tham... im not saying listen to me or any1 else in perticular... but listen to players who already spent thousunds of dollars here and thay still didnt deserve couple simple explanations why some things are did in that way....
                  Server - S236
                  Guild - TBA lol
                  Charter - WartuneGod
                  Skill - Noob

Comment

I understand you have edited the message from top to delete the link but why are you erased my post?just because I said I would try that game?lol
                    SERVER-S233
                    GUILD-CANT REMEMBER
                    CHR-EBEB ARCHER
                    SKILL-DONT HAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
                      R2 CS = R2 customer support
                      Looks like we were talking about different things eh? LOL

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                      Good idea, if only R2 isn't Pro-P2W...

Being Pro-P2W means the company rarely look at what players wrote and take into consideration.

What Pro-P2W aims for is MONEY, if you don't have MONEY, you have 90% chance to be ignored.
                      If you give them money, than they'll listen, but it is still up to them to decide if there should be any action taken or not.

Example? Look at Tickets and how many of them were "actually answered", not automated or duplicated replies.

And no, don't say, it's not R2 but 7Road that's controlling this.
                      Pricing is controlled by R2, why do you think R2's pricing is 30~50% more expansive than 7Road's pricing? LOL
                      And why some other Wartunes have PlayerTrading while R2 and partners doesn't?

Heck... the consume for each reward should only be worth like this:

500 Balen
                      1000 Balen (since when does a costume piece worth more than 700 Balen? or does 3k Kynite suddently worth 1000 Balens?)
                      2000 Balen (LAWL.... 5 Seals is worth more than 3000 Balens?)
                      4000 Balen (so... add in 3 Bounty Scroll, and this is now worth more than 6000 Balens, sure)
                      8000 Balen (I really REALLY doubt 2 Mark and 3 Fashion core is worth 200 USD...)
                      10000 Balen (Woot, 3 Lv.4 Gems and 5 Fashion Core is worth 300 USD now)
                      Last edited by anichaos; 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X