Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Talking-Wartune #2] Enhanced Will Destroyer Vs. Crit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Talking-Wartune #2] Enhanced Will Destroyer Vs. Crit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	talking tune forum banner.png
Views:	3
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	1749852

It’s time for Talking-Wartune again!
    The topic this week is...

Enhanced Will Destroyer Vs. Crit

Enhanced Will Destroyer (EWD) is a very popular Astral for all classes but when is the best time to use this Astral? Is there a good time to use this Astral or is Crit always King? Should only Knights use it, only Mages, or should Archers join in on the EWD fun?

Many players believe there is a certain point when Critical Strike is better. What factors are considered for each class when deciding the transition? Should you transition or choose one and stick with it all the way through? What is gained/lost for each option?

Key Point: Is Crit worth it without deterrence and, if so, at what point is Crit worth getting even without deterrence?

Please remember to adhere to the forum rules, and try to stay on topic.
    Discuss!

critical seems good for me
    689K BR /Hercules ( 148K BR )
    in the END, all got to cupcakes

Comment

critical is the best i am archer

Comment

Disclose the crit formula and then let us decide that ?
        East coast archer.

Comment

Mages not get much critical so i decide to go EWD and also i can save one slot of astrals for using EWD.

Zangetsu
          Mage

Comment

well you are wrong about ewd being for all classess cant use it with archers unless you are stupid. and other than that critical seems to have more dmg and give better heals but EWD is alot more consistent vs crit
            -Haru

Comment

Archers going Critical is a must since Crit synergizes well with their passives.

For Knights and Mages though, they don't get a lot of Crit from gear in the early gearing. Due to that, EWD is better due to the fact it provided consistant damage. Crit was VERY bursty and a bit too unpredictable at that early gearing. It wasn't until I had a full set of level 60 legendary gear that I decided to switch from EWD over to crit. With reforging and the level 5 Holy Sniper's Edge (Red) Astral and level 6 Enhanced Determination, I could get ~3,000 Crit. When I compared the two against the World Boss at the time I saw a VERY Noticable Jump in my damage output.

So what I tell people is in early gearing go EWD, but once can you get your Crit up to 3k or so to switch to those two.

It is also worth mentioning. In the early gearing, you don't have a lot of Astral slots to work with. Requiring 2 slots (Crit Astral and Determination) to do the exact same thing that EWD does hurts you since you are very pressed for Astral slots. At level 60, you have just enough slots to have 1 extra that you can add in the Determination Astral.

As for the later part of the OP's question, the issue is actually the other way around. You should be comparing Determination with EWD. The average formulas you are looking at is

X damage * (1 + EWD %)

Compared to

(X * (1 - Crit %) + ( ( X * Crit % ) ( 1.5 + Det % )

For comparison's sake, let's say you had 30% crit, and both Determination and EWD were set at 35% and you did an average of 1000 damage after reductions

1000 * ( 1 + .35 ) = 1350

while with Crit

(1000 * .70) + ( (1000 * .30) (1.85) ) = 1255

But If we Increase the crit by 10%

(1000 * .60) + ( (1000 * .40)(1.85) ) = 1340

They are roughly the same at this point. The downside is that you have to increase both your crit and your determination at a steady even pace to break even.

Just for completion sake, let's take a look at without Determination. In order for you to get to 1350 damage (35% EWD) with just Crit % you need

(1000 * (1 - X) ) + ( ( 1000 * X ) (1.5) ) >= 1350
              X >= 70%

And just playing around with the end value, you need 10% Crit for every 5% EWD.

10% Crit = 5% EWD
              20% Crit = 10% EWD
              30% Crit = 15% EWD
              40% Crit = 20% EWD
              etc.

Due to that you need the Determination Astral to off-set the gap between the two.

9% Crit + 5% Det = 5% EWD
              16.7% Crit + 10% Det = 10% EWD
              23.1% Crit + 15% Det = 15% EWD
              28.6% Crit + 20% Det = 20% EWD
              etc.

HOWEVER!!!! EWD Does have a much lower cap than Crit + Determination. Given that EWD caps at 50%. In order for Crit and Det to over take that amount, you need 50% Crit + 50% Determination. Beyond that Crit is Better by far than EWD.

And I've mentioned this before, it would help the theorycrafting community if the Crit% was shown in the Crit tooltip. It is annoying to not know EXACTLY what Crit % you are at. Given how the Chinese version doesn't have this feature, it saddens me that it most likely will not get into the game. Keep seeing top Chinese players with 16k Crit and I'm not sure if they are wasting Crit or not.

The positive note of EWD is that you can use the extra stats into other stats, such as Block which is a good defensive stat to have in PvP scenerios.

One Final comment before I go. For mages, Crit is useful not just for damage, but also for healing. EWD does not affect a mage's heal. However Crit does. and with a high amount of crit, you can heal a good chunk of an ally's health with a single crit. It also works in conjunction with the Survival Talent since that increases the cooldown but increases the healing of your Restoration Spell. To off-set the increased CD you want to crit heal more often.
              Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 05-23-2014, 04:30 AM. Reason: Link removal.
              Also known as Hinalover.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Emma View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]87808[/ATTACH]

Enhanced Will Destroyer (EWD) is a very popular Astral for all classes but when is the best time to use this Astral? Is there a good time to use this Astral or is Crit always King? Should only Knights use it, only Mages, or should Archers join in on the EWD fun?

Many players believe there is a certain point when Critical Strike is better. What factors are considered for each class when deciding the transition? Should you transition or choose one and stick with it all the way through? What is gained/lost for each option?

Key Point: Is Crit worth it without deterrence and, if so, at what point is Crit worth getting even without deterrence?

Discuss!
                Enhanced Will Destroyer which is popularly known as (EWD), increases damage to a certain percentage which of course can also depend on what quality and level an individual has been able to enact into it.
                Archers- These classes hit very hard, and in order that they have to hit harder, they will need crit. I don't have to say much on this, because the skill for archers permits that crit MUST be used and not Enhanced Will Destroyer.
                Knights- These classes take more damage or they are defensive in short. The owner of the knight can decide to go on an EWD build. The knight can also go on a crit build as well.

To be honest, I have seen alot of mages depend on crit build and even make a slot of socket for a crit gem. With crit, you hit harder and heal harder. These things are very important if you really want to make gold and daru in the world boss event.

The best time that I feel anyone can use EWD is when he/she can't attack an adversary to his/her liking. But you'd be more surprised if you had crits on.

Enhanced Will Destroyer has a damage range for an increase, while Crit has no limit. People often try to increase their base crit damage by using Determination astral.

With these two astrals now into play, you'd find out that you'd do more better and perfectly well compared to when you're using EWD.
                But the cons of crit is, crits don't happen in knights and mages as frequent as archers. EWD happens all the time.
                My advice is, anyone can decide on which astral they can use, but in my humble opinion, I'd advise them to go all crits for better attacks most of the time.

Comment

my mage used EWD before...
                  after I got honor IC, I moved to Crit type... I got more gold than used ewd at WB... and when i rain dance , i can heal 100k +.

but my def and HP decresse...
                  i missed to use EWD for high def and long HP...
                  but i dont know when...
                  need your support, guys

Comment

Ewd is good in low lvl, when u dont have astral slotsfrom 70 crit is only way to go, for each class

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I will switch into crit when i get my leg 60.
                      "Strange things happen to those who don't drink Wilkins."

Comment

for people who gonna switch to crit when they get lv60 leg .. those gears are not good enough for you to use crit ,, i'm a mage with lv70 leg gears and still using EWD ,
                        and note that switching to crit make u losing def and hp since u have to convert so many gems to crit and refine ur gears to have crit on its attributes ..

in my opinion having lv8-lv10 EWD is the best for mages and knights because i hate praying to have crit after each attack i do ..

u want to go crit u have to be big cashier :3 since u can manage ur BR or u gonna kill urself

and for archers using EWD is the stupidest thing to do even if it's for fun :3

------------------------------------------------

Hammyâ„¢
                        Last edited by R215438359; 05-23-2014, 05:07 AM.
                        To Mage or not to Mage Where is the question ?!

Hammyâ„¢

Comment

before archers start to comment, this is strictly to mages and knights lmao....unless you wnna test ewd and state your "fact"

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Emma View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]87808[/ATTACH]

Discuss!
                            I'm just gonna assume that "deterrence" is determination astral. On topic:
                            1. You can't assume that max crit chance possible is 100%.
                            2. EWD will not increase heal amount (if I remember correctly), but you can crit heal.
                            3. You only need EWD for a EWD setup, while requiring 2 astrals and crit gems/refines for crit setup . Making EWD build more tanky (extra defense astral +block gems+defense refines)
                            4. Crit build is 100% better for WB
                            5. EWD is immune to guardian angel astral, while having guardian angel vs a crit user gives a considerable advantage.
                            IGN: AncientEvil
                            Server: EU-271+merged
                            Class: Archer
                            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                              5. EWD is immune to guardian angel astral, while having guardian angel vs a crit user gives a considerable advantage.
                              I have only been playing a few months but the above statement is why I am considering not going crit. As a knight using ewd and GA astro when I face another ewd user I am on even footing but when I face a crit user I would think I gain the advantage.

So ewd and ga astros means even or have an advantage while sniper and determination means even or disadvantage
                              Last edited by Battlebug9; 05-23-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X