[Announcement] About Wartune Mini-Client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R2Tartarus View Post
    R2's official mini-client will only be available through R2's main site.
    Kongregate, Armor Games and Kabam are seperate platforms and we do not know if they will have a miniclient.
    How will this mini-client differ from the other one floating around?
    Name: Phoenixia
    Server: R2 S-319
    Class: Mage
    BR: 911k
    Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
    Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

LOL. And how much will these fabulous events cost the suckers in balens? The only ones celebrating this event will be R2s accountants.

Originally posted by R2_Helen View Post
      Wartune's official Mini-Client will be released in August with a whole slew of events to celebrate.
      In the meantime we ask that you do not use any unofficial programs to login to the game as we cannot be held responsible for lost accounts of payment fraud due to the use of these unauthorized clients.

Comment

Originally posted by R2Tartarus View Post
        R2's official mini-client will only be available through R2's main site.
        Kongregate, Armor Games and Kabam are seperate platforms and we do not know if they will have a miniclient.
        This is complete BULL! The loading of the entire game takes place for ArmorGames on R2 servers. Server 6 in AG is actually Server 3006 on R2. You stupid idiots are going to push all your players away with your constantly one-sided idiotic tendencies.

Release the mini-client for YOUR PLATFORMS (ALL OF THEM) morons.

Comment

Originally posted by LordXavius View Post
          This is complete BULL! The loading of the entire game takes place for ArmorGames on R2 servers. Server 6 in AG is actually Server 3006 on R2. You stupid idiots are going to push all your players away with your constantly one-sided idiotic tendencies.

Release the mini-client for YOUR PLATFORMS (ALL OF THEM) morons.
          It's not that simple.

Armor, Kong, and Kabam must approve of and begin supporting the mini in order for it to work at all on their platforms. It CAN be done without their approval, but it would be pretty close to the legal definition of hacking.

When you go to Armor to play, you log in with your Armor Games account. That account has a Unique Identifier that is passed along from Armor to R2. R2 doesn't have any clue what your username or password is, because that information resides solely on Armor's servers. R2 likely receives little more than your UID number and a security token from Armor.

And from what I've read and conversations I've had on Kong, they will probably not get a mini client unless someone steps up and builds them a mini client that has an ad box of some sort to help support the site with its bigger-than-a-Sega-Saturn-glued-to-an-XBox massive upkeep costs.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeDingo View Post
            It's not that simple.

Armor, Kong, and Kabam must approve of and begin supporting the mini in order for it to work at all on their platforms. It CAN be done without their approval, but it would be pretty close to the legal definition of hacking.

When you go to Armor to play, you log in with your Armor Games account. That account has a Unique Identifier that is passed along from Armor to R2. R2 doesn't have any clue what your username or password is, because that information resides solely on Armor's servers. R2 likely receives little more than your UID number and a security token from Armor.

And from what I've read and conversations I've had on Kong, they will probably not get a mini client unless someone steps up and builds them a mini client that has an ad box of some sort to help support the site with its bigger-than-a-Sega-Saturn-glued-to-an-XBox massive upkeep costs.
            Incorrect. It is that simple. The front end interface could easily be amended to allow for "insert X ad URL from AG, Kong, Kabam". AG, Kong, and Kabam do NOT support the GAME as it is now. Ticketing system goes straight to R2. So obviously you are unaware of how things work.

Comment

It's not that simple.

R2 also receives user information and not just UID number. Click on ticket link to see all your data filled up on r2 site which definitely means kabam/armor are sharing info with R2 (not the password since that would be violation).
              All of wartune Kabam,armor games are hosted on R2 servers and maintained by R2.

If miniclient is flash based then it is not really tough to build if you know how browsers internals work. It is just time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
                R2 also receives user information and not just UID number. Click on ticket link to see all your data filled up on r2 site which definitely means kabam/armor are sharing info with R2 (not the password since that would be violation).
                All of wartune Kabam,armor games are hosted on R2 servers and maintained by R2.

If miniclient is flash based then it is not really tough to build if you know how browsers internals work. It is just time consuming.
                Precisely, to say that other publishers wont get it is stupid.
                For a player (ZeDingo) to stand up for R2 with no knowledge of how computer systems actually work is laughable at best.

Ticket system will be flooded about this mini-client if it isn't released for ALL R2 hosted servers (whether they are the front end or not, they are the backend)

Comment

Incorrect. It is that simple. The front end interface could easily be amended to allow for "insert X ad URL from AG, Kong, Kabam". AG, Kong, and Kabam do NOT support the GAME as it is now. Ticketing system goes straight to R2. So obviously you are unaware of how things work.
                  You must be too ticked off to thoroughly read what I posted. And at no point in my post did I "stand up for R2." Kong won't make their own because they're lazy and they want you to use their site. They even pretty much dropped their whole mobile platform because it was too much work with too little return. R2 probably won't do it for them because Kong should do it for themselves.

And as Drag0n said:
                  Originally posted by Drag0nsFire View Post
                  You could make a mini client in AutoIT or Python in maybe a week's time.

And stop saying frontend/backend while having no clue what you're talking about. It's just making you seem like a jerk. Login is handled "at the front end" meaning at least 3 different hacky ways of logging in for Armor, Kabam, and Kong, if they don't step up and support the mini client. I know what I'm talking about here, either Armor, Kabam, or Kong allows and supports the mini client for their site, or it does not happen. Doing so without their support qualifies as hacking. This is all aside from whatever is in their legally binding agreement with R2Games.

tl;dr you're not a programmer. you're not a lawyer. stop being a jerk to people.

Comment

either Armor, Kabam, or Kong allows and supports the mini client for their site, or it does not happen. Doing so without their support qualifies as hacking.[/B]
                    Just to be clear providing logins doesn't make it hacking, it's only hacking if R2 saved the login info to their own server.
                    Single logins are everywhere on the internet, for starter there's facebook/google login in R2's webpage.
                    Server listing can be updated to include all, Chinese version done it with many providers in 1 client.
                    Only reason the other providers won't have client is it prevents traffic statistics and ads for income.
                    [morfinnor]
                    Temple of Ibalize

Comment

You must be too ticked off to thoroughly read what I posted. And at no point in my post did I "stand up for R2." Kong won't make their own because they're lazy and they want you to use their site. They even pretty much dropped their whole mobile platform because it was too much work with too little return. R2 probably won't do it for them because Kong should do it for themselves.

And as Drag0n said:

You could make a mini client in AutoIT or Python in maybe a week's time.

And stop saying frontend/backend while having no clue what you're talking about. It's just making you seem like a jerk. Login is handled "at the front end" meaning at least 3 different hacky ways of logging in for Armor, Kabam, and Kong, if they don't step up and support the mini client. I know what I'm talking about here, either Armor, Kabam, or Kong allows and supports the mini client for their site, or it does not happen. Doing so without their support qualifies as hacking. This is all aside from whatever is in their legally binding agreement with R2Games.

tl;dr you're not a programmer. you're not a lawyer. stop being a jerk to people.
                      You're such a troll. You have no idea what I do for a living. The terms "front end and back end" are commonly used in the industry and there is nothing wrong with them here. The Front end, as I said, is ArmorGames/Kong/etc The Backend for those platforms IS R2 as they host the servers that run the actual game. Lets see here, since you are trying to be snide and know it all.

Have you done a simple lookup of the flash that runs and the calls it makes? All calls are to R2 servers. Hell, you can even go out and perform a packet trace/tcpdump if you feel so inclined to learn a little something about how the applications are actually running. It isn't that complicated and someone such as you should be easily able to attain such information.

tl;dr, you're a troll and try to seem smart, but you're just a kid with google.

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                        Just to be clear providing logins doesn't make it hacking, it's only hacking if R2 saved the login info to their own server.
                        Single logins are everywhere on the internet, for starter there's facebook/google login in R2's webpage.
                        Server listing can be updated to include all, Chinese version done it with many providers in 1 client.
                        Only reason the other providers won't have client is it prevents traffic statistics and ads for income.
                        If R2 provided a mini-client that modified the code of their partners' websites, without their permission, some overpaid lawyers would be very, very happy.

tl;dr, you're a troll and try to seem smart, but you're just a kid with google.
                        Actually, I'm a 30 year old hobbyist programmer with 15 years experience with work on published projects, and my name is original. Google me. Then come back here and tell me how watching encrypted packets with Wireshark tells me anything about how Wartune works.
                        Last edited by ZeDingo; 08-01-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

If R2 provided a mini-client that modified the code of their partners' websites, without their permission, some overpaid lawyers would be very, very happy.
                          No one said anything about modifying the partner's website. The mini-client lives outside of their host. They would obviously be involved a form of query against AG/Kong/Kabam for log-in, but that isn't complicated at all. AG does these things with tons of flash games as is. Ever look at flash games that require a login to AG after its loaded? You can even access some flash games off AG's website and put in your AG credentials. Again, this is not complicated, you're creating a bigger issue than there really is.

Actually, I'm a 30 year old hobbyist programmer with 15 years experience with work on published projects, and my name is original. Google me. Then come back here and tell me how watching encrypted packets with Wireshark tells me anything about how Wartune works.
                          Hobbyist doesn't equate to a real knowledgeable and practitioner. Regardless, my point to you was simple, the game, in its entirety, other than the damn login at the front has NOTHING to do with armor games. Are you so thick headed you can comprehend such a simple statement?

Comment

No one said anything about modifying the partner's website. The mini-client lives outside of their host. They would obviously be involved a form of query against AG/Kong/Kabam for log-in, but that isn't complicated at all.
                            Apparently I have to keep my posts simple, so let's start from scratch here: How are you envisioning the mini logging in to the partner site to get the UID, email, and token to send to tp.r2games.com?

Comment

Apparently I have to keep my posts simple, so let's start from scratch here: How are you envisioning the mini logging in to the partner site to get the UID, email, and token to send to tp.r2games.com?
                              Apparently you're too moronic to have a sensible conversation.

Are you telling me, in all of your genius, you don't think that AG, Kong, etc Use APIs or OAuth, or something similar from remote proxy logins? You've got to be kidding me. Just die troll.

Comment

can we go back to the thread now
                                IGN: princestewii
                                Class: Archer
                                Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Working...
                                X