Wonderhill Account Sign-In Data Migration Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinkiepieforever00 View Post

Thank you. So i tried putting in my current e-mail I use instead of the one i use to log into wonderhill with. So basically I use email a to log in, but put in e-mail B, which i currently use. Even though e-mail b hasnt been tied to my account, will i still get all my data migrated?
    Email B would be your new gamerocks account information after the migration, and you would use that and the password you included in step 3 to log in with to access your character. Until the migration happens, you still use Email A to log in with, as that is your Wonderhill account information.

As long as you receive the email with the link you must click to validate the account, and the following confirmation that it has been successfully validated, your data will be linked to this new account after migration.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Little question: Why I'm not getting my email to log in? *second time trying*

It's like if system doesn't recognize my mage or something of the sort. I use the same email to log in forums and when I do, the server doesn't even appear on my regular ones. But when I only log on wonderhill, it appears.
      Last edited by Samariel; 12-15-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samariel View Post
        Little question: Why I'm not getting my email to log in? *second time trying*

It's like if system doesn't recognize my mage or something of the sort. I use the same email to log in forums and when I do, the server doesn't even appear on my regular ones. But when I only log on wonderhill, it appears.
        Because you play on Wonderhill servers. They are different from R2 servers. R2's S1 is an entirely different server with different players then Wonderhill's S1.

You are using the same information you've always logged in with to log into Wonderhill, right? The new email, if you chose to use a new email, is only to be used after the migration to gamerocks.
        Last edited by MemoryLane; 12-15-2017, 02:37 PM.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Hmm, they don't even last that long when it comes to hosting Wartune on their platform. Good thing I had only one account there and it's non-essential.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Hmm, they don't even last that long when it comes to hosting Wartune on their platform. Good thing I had only one account there and it's non-essential.
            Wonderhill is one of the last remaining Kabam assets. The games were being hosted there because Kabam itself is no longer an entity. The plan was always to finish selling off the rest of the company and for the games being hosted to move to other platforms. Whatever the security flaw is, if there even is a security flaw, may have hastened the move, but it was a move that would have been done eventually anyway.

Comment

how do I find out what server i'll be on when wonderhill migrates to R2 since the server's are different numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by demonicangel1000 View Post
                how do I find out what server i'll be on when wonderhill migrates to R2 since the server's are different numbers?
                good question will we keep our original servers or all be placed in 1 massive server hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by demonicangel1000 View Post
                  Wonderhill is not merging with R2. Wonderhill servers are not merging. Wonderhill is migrating to a brand new site, gamerocks. You will log in to the same server you've always logged into. The only things that change are the URL and potentially the login info, based on what you put into the form.

Comment

Had to use migration information to log in to game today, would not take my fb
                    Live long and prosper.

Comment

I've got a few concerns, as I try to help my guild with its various technical issues. I've read through this thread, hoping I've understood the various responses.

First, is Wonderhill/GameRocks keeping a full data snapshot pre-migration? As much as we're having issues now, it will be like nothing if there's some kind of glitch we haven't yet come to, and if accounts are effectively being wiped out, if there's no retrieving them, this could be so messy as to both kill the game and quite a lot worse (that would probably impact, by reputation, other current and future games on GameRocks.com.) So, ultimately, also, if there are genuine problems with getting an account moved over after trying everything we should, why is it not reasonable to believe we can get them restored somehow, later, after 1/1/18? (Please also pardon a little paranoia here, but with the way devs act and react at times, Wartune seems to leave every player shaken, not stirred.)

Second, I've got a player in my guild who has had issues getting through the ACCOUNT SIGN-IN event. He's opened a ticket and been told nothing can be done to help him. He just wrote me a farewell letter, and I told him I'd try to get a better answer for him. (Perhaps related to my previous paragraph?) I know this isn't all the info I'd want to post here, as it's nothing to go on, but the event basically doesn't work for him.

Third, another player in my guild has accounts on multiple servers, I believe with different e-mail addresses for each. She's aware of success with the event for only one account. She's gotten no codes for her other two, including the toon in my guild, but the game says she's done the event already. She is rather computer savvy, has cleared cookies and cache (so she says) and done a full reboot, and then logged back in fresh to the game, and gets the same thing. Assuming this will work completely and correctly seems too good to be true, especially with no confirmation e-mail. My understanding is Support hasn't been helpful here to date.

Fourth, one of my own accounts, for which I have confirmation e-mail, doesn't confirm in-game the confirmation worked. I go to the event, and instead of getting a window with the code and the disclosure of bonuses from doing the event, it just opens up a new Wartune window, logging me out of the old one. (I use different e-mail addresses for each Wonderhill/Kabam/GameRocks account.)

Other issues within my guild, so far, seem to be the same as these, or subsets of them. We have something like 11 players in total with some level of concern for how this is working, and who have voiced their concerns to the guild.

You can also understand, I think, why setting the new e-mail address in here is a little scary, until things are actually done and working. We're all curious and concerned about what will go wrong.

Especially in terms of getting effective help from Support tickets, and some idea of how issues will get handled after the 1/1/18 migration is tried, do you have some feedback we might be able to use?
                      Last edited by Centaur0001; 12-19-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
                        I've got a few concerns, as I try to help my guild with its various technical issues. I've read through this thread, hoping I've understood the various responses.

First, is Wonderhill/GameRocks keeping a full data snapshot pre-migration? As much as we're having issues now, it will be like nothing if there's some kind of glitch we haven't yet come to, and if accounts are effectively being wiped out, if there's no retrieving them, this could be so messy as to both kill the game and quite a lot worse (that would probably impact, by reputation, other current and future games on GameRocks.com.) So, ultimately, also, if there are genuine problems with getting an account moved over after trying everything we should, why is it not reasonable to believe we can get them restored somehow, later, after 1/1/18? (Please also pardon a little paranoia here, but with the way devs act and react at times, Wartune seems to leave every player shaken, not stirred.)
                        A full backup of all data will be made upon shutdown. I'll have details for returnees posted after migration, which I presume will be the same instructions people who bugged or failed to fully validate will also follow. We don't want to confuse current players with additional instructions since the ingame link should be functioning, just might need a little tweaking on the player's part, such as having their name changed if it contains special characters or signing up for a regular email account through gmail or yahoo that doesn't have a country extension on it.

Second, I've got a player in my guild who has had issues getting through the ACCOUNT SIGN-IN event. He's opened a ticket and been told nothing can be done to help him. He just wrote me a farewell letter, and I told him I'd try to get a better answer for him. (Perhaps related to my previous paragraph?) I know this isn't all the info I'd want to post here, as it's nothing to go on, but the event basically doesn't work for him.
                        I would need to know at which exact point he's getting stuck and what exactly is happening for him. Direct him to my FAQ, and have him see if that helps at all. If not, please have him reach out to me with details of his situation so I can try to help.

Third, another player in my guild has accounts on multiple servers, I believe with different e-mail addresses for each. She's aware of success with the event for only one account. She's gotten no codes for her other two, including the toon in my guild, but the game says she's done the event already. She is rather computer savvy, has cleared cookies and cache (so she says) and done a full reboot, and then logged back in fresh to the game, and gets the same thing. Assuming this will work completely and correctly seems too good to be true, especially with no confirmation e-mail. My understanding is Support hasn't been helpful here to date.
                        Are you sure she has each character on a different account? If she logs into Wonderhill with one account, it doesn't matter how many servers she plays, as it's all the same account.

Fourth, one of my own accounts, for which I have confirmation e-mail, doesn't confirm in-game the confirmation worked. I go to the event, and instead of getting a window with the code and the disclosure of bonuses from doing the event, it just opens up a new Wartune window, logging me out of the old one. (I use different e-mail addresses for each Wonderhill/Kabam/GameRocks account.)
                        You know if you are successfully validated when you receive the second email, as listed in the first post. Did you get that second email?

Other issues within my guild, so far, seem to be the same as these, or subsets of them. We have something like 11 players in total with some level of concern for how this is working, and who have voiced their concerns to the guild.

You can also understand, I think, why setting the new e-mail address in here is a little scary, until things are actually done and working. We're all curious and concerned about what will go wrong.

Especially in terms of getting effective help from Support tickets, and some idea of how issues will get handled after the 1/1/18 migration is tried, do you have some feedback we might be able to use?
                        I highly recommend skipping ticket land and coming straight to me with any concerns or feedback about the process. I am finding ticket agents are mostly just linking back to this thread anyway, and the first post of this thread is mine, not something I was told to or given instructions to post, mostly based on my observation after going through the process myself. I will be following right along with all of you as it happens, and I will be staying involved the whole way. Let me know any other questions you have and I will get the answers for them.

Comment

MemoryLane, many thanks as always for thorough and helpful response and guidance here.

I'll respond in order, from your reply.

I'm relieved to hear the intent is a full data backup. I'll hope it goes smoothly and is robust.

For the player whose ticket isn't helping him, I'd already pointed him in this direction, and will make sure he contacts you directly, to the best of my ability. I had already pointed out your FAQ. As you can imagine, I'm also trying to tell people to "sweat the details," and making sure they understand we'll do all we can to help. I also think it's frustrating the Support team in ticket land universally seem more interested in pushback than in helping at this point. (That's my experience, and shared experience of others, though I hope and believe there are exceptions.) We're always asked to be more patient, even when updating a ticket with information they request, then when you give them time, the ticket auto-closes and nothing gets done. But I digress....

I will re-check with the player using multiple accounts on multiple servers to see if it's as I was told. In that case, there is someone nearly fluent in English (more than some native speakers), but it's also possible a small discrepancy snuck into written discussion, and it's not a problem to check again.

For myself, no, I didn't get a second e-mail on any of my e-mail accounts tied to the game. I do get windows in two of them showing the activation code and rewards when I go back to the event, but not the third...on the third, it opens another game window and logs me out of the one I'd been in. Spam folders have been checked with care, multiple times.

Comment

This is a stressful process, and it's easy to misread or misunderstand something. Or maybe something actually isn't working. I just need to make sure all steps are understood and followed so that I know what question I need to have forwarded to the proper people.

I do need to hear from the people who are having issues, because I likely need additional information from them. In the case of your male friend, I don't know if he's stuck at clicking the event in Hot Events which might mean he's blocking popups or page redirects, or when clicking Submit and I don't know if his name contains non-alphanumeric characters, etc. Each stuck point has a different solution. For your female friend, I would need similar information about where in the process she is, as well. They can both send me a pm if they don't want to publicly post.

I will ask the team if someone on the Wonderhill/Gaia side has a way to check if validation was successful in the event the second email is not received.

For you with your third account, would you be willing to take a screenshot of each step of that process? You can pm me with those screenshots, your character name, server, the email of the wonderhill account, and the email you intend to use for the gamerocks account.

I want to make sure everyone understands that the toons themselves aren't going anywhere. No toon will be lost, deleted, removed, etc. After the migration, your server will not look any different than what it does now. This process is simply the link that allows you to log into an account and access that toon. Worst case scenario is some people will need to go through a process similar to account recovery, to be re-linked to their toons after the migration, which I presume is what late returnees will also have to do.

Comment

I just can enter the server number (S67), but then i get the "You have successfully submitted the information! Please use the Code to receive rewards within the game" screen.
                              No @-mail verification.

And yes, i cleared browser data.

Comment

Originally posted by petervie View Post
                                I just can enter the server number (S67), but then i get the "You have successfully submitted the information! Please use the Code to receive rewards within the game" screen.
                                No @-mail verification.

And yes, i cleared browser data.
                                Did you get a first email with a link you needed to click on (Step 4) sent to the email you are attempting to verify for this character?

Comment

Working...
                                X