Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Its only ..... This TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) granted by the Court at Texas is restraining 7Road from:
        o Unlawful use/transfer of our Wartune game user data.

Comment

• Restraining order doesn't mean either side lost. When I looked at the court documents, 7Roads had not even been served yet. No win/loss on either side.

Comment

• i noticed that they who shall not be named were back up and running last night...so maybe it only stops existing players from going there

Comment

• hi to my guildies saphiraden..Rwolf hows life without wartune? add me to fb accnt name.rondy pogoy

Comment

• The temporary restraining order does not imply that they 'lost', since the legal battle has barely started. The order is also unenforceable, as the new servers are still up and running without any problems. And no, it does not imply that the existing users cannot play on the new servers, as the restraining order is not directed at the users.

Comment

• A glimpse at the legal papers tells the TRO only restraints the "transfer/stealing", which had literally stopped at the moment when GH shut down all servers. Prior to that, the defendant was authorized to access the servers and provide updates and support including backups. There's no mention of contract breaches and licensing expiration. It's a sadness to see Wartune suddenly gone from so many platforms, but if there is no contractual obligation, either side could pull the plug at-will. This is what happens when good faith doesn't make the cut. No matter what the legal outcome is, we as players are nothing but collateral damage any ways. Not everyone has lost big money to it, but nothing is more important than the years spent on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post
                    A glimpse at the legal papers tells the TRO only restraints the "transfer/stealing", which had literally stopped at the moment when GH shut down all servers. Prior to that, the defendant was authorized to access the servers and provide updates and support including backups. There's no mention of contract breaches and licensing expiration.
                    Good points. So basically, the TRO is meaningless, and GH is making statements that have not been verified in court.

Comment

• have tried to play the other games, just not the same as Wartune, 8 yrs playing like most, miss the game, miss my friends. I hope everyone is doing well and will remain that way :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by dicklong3000 View Post

Good points. So basically, the TRO is meaningless, and GH is making statements that have not been verified in court.
                        That isn't what I was trying to say. But it doesn't matter. Disputes and lawsuits are a normal part of every company and should be handled gracefully without involving innocent parties. This whole mess hurts the feelings of all players, many of whom have played for 8+ years.
                        Last edited by wtfarmers; 10-23-2020, 02:33 AM. Reason: Edited to ensure contextual consistency.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeatherLacey View Post
                          have tried to play the other games, just not the same as Wartune, 8 yrs playing like most, miss the game, miss my friends. I hope everyone is doing well and will remain that way :-)
                          Wartune is already many people's old community and daily routine (not addiction though). It feels hard to leave each other without even a chance to say good-bye in game. I don't think I'd move over to another game or just chat with the same people on FB though. Without the old game it just doesn't feel the same even though it's the same people.

Comment

• just happy still to play wartune.......not interested in politics tbh

Comment

• Are any of my Revolution friends playing any of the other games? Is it worth switching? I've been playing Wartune for a few years now, from the days of using Yahoo to log in, and hate to give it up now - but litigation could take quite a while. Miss all of you, and the other guilds on S-34 East, and all of my xServer buddies. Yaaz

Comment

• Technically, there has been no hearing yet. That, according to the docket, is scheduled for 10/28/20. In the meantime, there is nothing to prevent 7Roads from publishing their own intellectual property on their own servers. I have seen many players starting to return to the game. Even those originally on R2games-US West coast. S261 Ash Plains to be specific. The TRO is not worded such that PLAYERS may not reactivate their toons with 7Roads. From what I have seen, no player info other than that normally asked for by most games online, is being asked for. The email request in-game is to bind your account to that email. Lost toons will not be recoverable without it in the future. Again, what some games do require.

As for email accounts attempting to be accessed by other than the owner, I'd like to ask R2 why no one was notified of a data breach about a week and a half ago. My password protector notified me of 21 instances just from this forum alone. I wasn't worried, as my email and the forum passwords are different. But it is food for thought.

In the end, the choice is up to the players as to what they are going to do. I am not a P2W or P2P player, so I lose no money in moving to the other servers. I do hope that this gets resolved, as I do like the R2client for it's stability. The mini-client is about as stable as it had been about 4 years ago before I switched to R2.

Good luck, whatever your choice is.
                                Last edited by ShadowWalkyr60; 10-23-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X