End of flash by 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of flash by 2020

I figured I'd ask this since this game runs on flash, right? (as do most R2 titles) Will this game still be around by then if flash support ceases by 2020. Game will be very unplayable (gradually) if they stop updating, there'll be more bugs than what there is now plus security issues. So, will this lead to an imminent shutdown? Or are there plans to transition to html5 version of crystal saga or perhaps a mobile version one? I don't see any updates from the R2 here on what they plan for this game (and their other titles) regarding this. Any thoughts on this?

This topic will be addressed in 2020.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks for answering, MemoryLane. Though, that's kind off disappointing as the devs don't provide you moderators the proper reply when threads like these surface. As if they are not interested when flash ending is an undisputable fact. Tbh, replying like that (from the devs) is not very reassuring to dedicated players.

Comment

I had no clue flash was ending. oh well, if CS ends up ceasing to exist, ill just move to another game lol. TBH i wouldnt be surprised if it does sometime in the future
        S95Epicboltz
        Eidolon Knight

Comment

honestly? addressed after the fact? Maybe all should stop cashing until it IS addressed...sounding like the plan is "take the money and run"

Comment

I didn't say it was going to be addressed after the fact, just that it's not going to be addressed over a year before it's actually set to happen. Starting the discussion now just gets people hysterical for no reason, since there are no answers to be given at this time, because it's still too far out.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Might be true, but there really is a reason, at least for me, why would I want to get heavily invested on CS1 (time and money) if it is set to die by 2020, just about 2 years from now. So, I guess I am speaking from the standpoint of a heavy casher/dedicated player. If you are someone playing this on a casual basis, then I guess its no problem if the flash issue is addressed at the last minute or never addressed at all lol.

As for R2/devs, being proactive is always a good thing, keeps your customers happy and at ease about the game's future. Then, again CS1 has been on for years now, so its closure may no longer be nothing new for most players, in fact something expected in the very near future.

Comment

A lot will change over the next two years. We can speculate all day about what might happen, but it's far too soon to have a serious discussion.

Comment

this is a serious topic idk why memory lane is acting this way

Comment

yes stop cash till someone addresses this issues sounds about right

Comment

It is a serious topic, for 2020. Your choice to spend money or not spend money will have zero impact on the timeline of this discussion.

Think of it like this.. You've been told by your landlord that you might need to move by December 2020. You could move right now, while there's only one less than desirable and expensive option to move to, and then find out later that your landlord changed his mind and you didn't need to spend all that time and money moving, or that dozens of better houses were put on the market after you hastily rushed to move. You could decide to wait until closer to the expected move date, when everything has been confirmed, but house hunting 2 years in advance isn't a good idea, since those houses probably won't be available in 2 years. During these two years, your family structure might also change, so you could need more or less house than you previously thought. Your financial situation can change, so your house budget could be more or less than originally planned. By waiting, you give yourself the opportunity to find houses that have been updated, and provide all of the features that you are looking for in a new home, and probably not as expensive as it would have been had you rushed to buy a house and then tried to add on all of those features that you were wanting in your home, that fits your current situation in life.

The gaming industry is a volatile space. Just because a game is floating along fine right now doesn't mean that it will be in 2 years - and not just this game, but any flash based, free to play, browser game out on the market right now. It doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to rush into extra expenses if the player base for a game might lose interest in 2 years, or maybe the developer folds in 2 years. Perhaps even the platform the game is hosted on goes out of business in 2 years.

There's also the high chance that developers and coders will devise a way for legacy flash content to be displayed without issue on major browsers without the need for conversion. There's still advancements being made to html5 to make it easier for flash content to be converted, as well as more features being added to the capabilities of html5 for the flash content that currently can't be converted because html5 just isn't good enough yet, which why games are still being developed in flash now. There might also be something far more advanced and better than html5 down the road.

2 years is a long time when it comes to technology. Until it gets to be closer to the end of life for flash, it is too soon to have a serious discussion about the steps the developers will be taking to keep their games available to players.

Comment

we just want to know if the game will continue or not lmfao we dont need a detailed sturcture about a hosue some of us are women we care less about some houses

Comment

but cs player base is quite lacking as of right now and has been since elites ended as everyone who came back quit and only getting worse as time goes on and game has been out since 2011 so confirmed the game wont last then by the time this flash thingy happens? how i see it anyway

now i dont even feel like spending since this was bought up :/
                          'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

well they need to go with the notice of a shutdown date ppl who recharges dont do it cause the game is going to stop delevoping we do it for the game not to pay r2 bills

Comment

no worries, this game will be shutdown by 2020 LUL

Comment

Working...
                              X