Knight vs. Shadow Rogue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight vs. Shadow Rogue

Hey, well, I'll be playing on S63 HellStorm but I do not know if I should play Shadow Rogue or a Knight. I liked playing on both Rogue and Knight, but after I went on a hiatus I don't remember too much about Rogue. I've been told that Rogue is really OP now, but I don't know if I should be playing Rogue or Knight.

When I played Rogue, I was a really slow leveler back then.

So, if we can make a list on the perks of being a Knight/Rogue and disadvantages, it could help. I'm looking for a PvP advantage around the start of the game, since that's what gets me going.

Knight
    Advantages:

1. Good at solo/duo'ing dungeons (which leads to faster upgrades and gets you OP in PvP)
    2. Has a big HP and DEF pool
    3. Can do AoE (more so than a Combat Rogue)
    4. Has high AP (makes rogues deal 1 damage in PvP, sometimes)
    5. Very strong with Bloodlust

Rogue
    Advantages

1. Fastest attack speed (endgame)
    2. High dodge (endgame)
    3. 4 second stun (while Knight has 3.5 seconds)
    4. High attack
    5. Crits are common
    6. Kills very fast
    7. Wins Crypt (sorta end/middle part of the game.)
    8. Can escape easily

Knight
    Disadvantages:
    1. Cannot escape very fast
    2. Rangers and mages can kite knights easier than Rogue
    3. Rogues will soon overpower Knights (endgame/middlegame)

Rogue
    Disadvantages
    1. Squishy, if their soul is weak.
    2. Low HP cap
    3. Needs a serious casher to receive full potential

One last question: In your opinion, is it easier to PvP as a rogue or a knight?

So, if you guys can add some stuff to the list that'd help. Thanks!
    Crystal Saga:
    Server: S66
    Class: Knight - Protection
    Name: SlainAgain
    Soul: N/A
    Mount: N/A
    Wings: N/A
    Level: N/A

Time to get ready for the altsssss.

Rogues Normally Win In Pvp If They Are Cloaked If They Arent They Normally Lose.

Early Game Knights Will Win Really Easy In Everything.

Then Rogues Will Get Stronger.... Maybe

But Then Again You Can Solo Dungons Or Duo Waaaay Easier
    Game : Crystal Saga
    IGN:Full Insanity
    Class: Holy Priest
    Level:
    Wings:
    Guild:Exile
    Soul:
    Pets
    Mount:
    Server - Hellstorm S63

Comment

It honestly just depends on your playstyle and how you build your character. If you were a knight and had AP defense and Crit defense+ alot of HP with shield of thorns, you're the rogues worst enemy. Also, when people say rogues are OP try to get past Mages AoE's when the mage has 200+% attack/cast speed and try to get past Nature Ranger's traps and Priests traps. Knights are more of a PvE build untill you reach eidolon giving you 8 seconds inverability. Rogues are average in PvP untill lvl 70-80 mortal and scion+ then they own. If you have enough skill with a Rogue, you can dominate basically every class with an exception for PvP based Knights. Knights are kinda bad mid-game but end-game then rock if you have the right build.

EDIT: Also, Rogues do NOT need a serious casher to be good. I'm a lvl 90 scion rogue none casher that dominates most eidolons.

EDIT: No class is "easier" to PvP with, just depends on your prefrences, rogues have the hard job of attack at the right time and timing when other classes use their AoEs,if you get uncloaked as a Rogue you're as good as dead.Tanks have the hard job of being one of the slowest moving classes in game so can get kited easier, but that could be sorted out with a pet that has stun so stuns the kiter, also.. the 8 second invunerablity would help.
      Last edited by noobero; 06-03-2013, 05:16 PM.
      Crystal Saga II
      Server :S4

Class :Rogue

IGN: ????

Comment

Hears a few things you missed for knight.

Knights stun at max is 5 seconds with a 30 second CD, however at edo a knight has a choice the immunity skill (good for all around pvp and some pve) with shield of thorns. However where the biggest thing a knight has as a major advantage over a rogue is the bloodlust edo skill called fight on(awakening) its an aoe that hits all targets in a 450 radius 10 times. 1 hit every seconds with a CD of 16 seconds. that skill has a high 80% hit ratio when used and in pvp its a rogues worst nightmare more so then the immunity/thorn spec as most shadow rogues will tell you "once your uncloaked you either run or fight, most die" A quick note to mention the only time iv ever seen fight on miss is if the rogue has a immensie amount of dodge normally needs 90+% to dodge it.

Iv been a knight for along time and using fight on in pvp saves me the trouble of dealing with you pesky hiders as much as id love to go immunity spec I fell rogue is more of a problem then ranger and so on.
        Char: BlackKnight(lvl 140 Eidolon Knight), Jellah(7x priest) Gimina(lv 5x mortal rogue)
        Server: Glacial Planes.
        Guild: Mortal Elites (Sage)

For in depth knight guide click the link below
        !

"Let failure be your guide for in failure you learn how to play"

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think I'll stick with Knight then. I was unsure because in another thread, they were complimenting rogue alot and both of them were my favourite classes so I was on the fence for both of them.

I found Protection Knight as a great PvP class as I could just ram into seng without a care in the world, and in PvE I could solo most dungeons with ease.
          Crystal Saga:

Comment

Rogue and Knights are my favorite as well but the fear of not having to do dungeons (as good as a Knight can do) and be able to upgrade my mount/wings is what makes me not choose Rogue.
            life is unfair

Comment

Good choice f2p knight is best choice p2p rogue is better. Knight with priest alt has its advantages level 2 up at same time and your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by khemz View Post
                Good choice f2p knight is best choice p2p rogue is better. Knight with priest alt has its advantages level 2 up at same time and your good to go
                Exactly my plans. :P Can't tell if I can hold my alt priest the same level as my knight.

Though, I'm just going to cash 18 bucks for VIP and the $10 pack (mainly just for the gryphon, and a set of clothes from events.)
                Crystal Saga:

Comment

Rogues no. 1 hate skill of mag thunderstorm(awakening) attack a single target in 600 radius
                  "Poison ? That's a merely dessert for a demon like me" - (S58)Mirajane

Comment

Working...
                  X