[Guide] How to win at Avernal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] How to win at Avernal

Okay alot of people have been asking me how do i usually manage a win in avernal even though im not a scion. Instead of trying to answer in many PMs i figured id try my hand at a guide. Sorry if my english is not most great.

First you have to play 1 of the 3 ranged attack classes (Mage/Ranger/Priest)

Second, it helps if you have an alt near the same level as you that can go into the same avernal. Alt can be of any class

Upon entering, find one of the 2 boss monsters. located top right platform and bottom left platform.

You can get buffs/use potions to up your matk/patk (if str ranger)

Stand in middle and put on AFK mode. pay attention for awhile to see what is going on. View the other chars that are of same level or doing more damage then you are. If they are knights or rogues, you have already won practically and here is how.

Step 1
    Your goal is to move the boss to one of the portals. once the boss is on the portal the knight or rogue who is attacking will be ported to adjacent platform. But you will still be able to attack the monster and lose no DPS(damage per second). Sometimes the knight or rogue is really AFK and they wont be back. Those that do come back, just make sure you keep pushing/dragging boss monster to the portal and they will never be able to keep attacking it.
    At this point your platform is good to go.

Now what if higher damaging knights or rogues switch to the alternate boss?
    This is where your alt comes in. send your alt to the other boss and make sure you push/drag that boss to one of the portals.

Usually knights arent a problem in outdamaging me, unless they very high level with a lot of soul. Its rogues you have to mainly worry about.

Okay with knights and rogues out of the way, now you can focus on beating your fellow ranged classes:

Step 2

First make sure your skill line up contains the most 0second cast skills you can. Cast time is your enemy here, you want instant cast, big damage skills. Im not familiar with all the class skills so i wont try to list them here. just make sure you have as little to no cast time as possible.

Sneaky little trick to also use. If you are in an avernal with a ranged class you cannot outdamage no matter what, this usually works vs them. Move to alternate boss and then move your alt to the boss they are on. Goal is to lag them out, if you have a priest you are golden, just spam straight curses, if you are a mage use the ice AE. remember your alt isnt there to win, its there to help YOU win.

once in a great while the higher damaging ranged will be split on the bosses

Step 3

Aggro management:
    Now if all is going well, you are now in top spot or are climbing up to overtake those that are:
    Problem now is making sure YOU arent tanking the boss.
    1. You can accomplish this in many ways, from bringing your alt back to your platform to help drag monster away from you.
    2. keep pushing away with your pet as well.
    3. turn off afk till boss aggros next highest damager, then turn back on.
    4. Sometimes you may have to leave platform and return.

Each avernal is unique by itself so no 1 way will work for all

Key is to adapt:
    • Remove knights/rogues- MUST
    • Remove higher damage ranged-MUST
    • Avoid Aggro-MUST

collect your reward, rinse n repeat next day.

Hope this guide helps

Or just play honest and see who actually has the biggest damage-output.

I'm getting tired of these sneaky-little-[pre-censored] tactics of people. I don't end up being 1st, I am a nature ranger with a knockback-skill. I don't use it to purposefully knock it into the portal. I do Avernal to see my true damage-output and not to use slimy little tactics to annoy others who worked for their character. Am I the only one sick of these threads or what?
    Le derp alt. I remembered I'm logged on this account after I posted.
    IGN: Smurfs16
    Server: Windshear peaks - Emperor
    [Eidolon] Holy priest Lv100 supporting with curses.

Comment

Haha Smurf is right..you should play honest...if you don't win that just tells you that your not the strongest
      Dumbmasses ;

A term for the majority of people who willfully stay ignorant and follow the prevailing sentiment on a wide variety of issues. Those who can't think for themselves. A perfect compliment or synonym for Sheeple.
      >>> <<<

Comment

In all that time you spent doing that, you could have played honest, and won.

Comment

I just posted a guide, you can follow it, not follow it. to say i dont play honest? Im breaking no rules, if you follow the rules you are playing honest.

avernal was design for tactics such as i list in guide

no where does it say you have to just stand in middle and go afk and person with most damage wins. next time roll up a range class and up your matk like i have. if you play any games before. you should know that class without range attack always loses to those that have range attack. its like written into nearly every game in market.

alts in game are in rules
          pushing/pulling boss in rules
          using whatever spells (regardless of lag effects) in rules
          so my guide is in rules

Comment

Originally posted by Kryteria1 View Post
            I just posted a guide, you can follow it, not follow it. to say i dont play honest? Im breaking no rules, if you follow the rules you are playing honest.

avernal was design for tactics such as i list in guide

no where does it say you have to just stand in middle and go afk and person with most damage wins. next time roll up a range class and up your matk like i have. if you play any games before. you should know that class without range attack always loses to those that have range attack. its like written into nearly every game in market.

alts in game are in rules
            pushing/pulling boss in rules
            using whatever spells (regardless of lag effects) in rules
            so my guide is in rules
            Because you post in your "guide" Avernal is about Tactics, does not make it about tactics. Taken from the true guide for Avernal (can be found here http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-Avernal-Realm: "How to Play: In the Avernal Realm, damage dealt is everything. Players will be ranked according to the total amount of damage they deal to enemies. The more damage you deal, the more points you will receive."

It's about damage, not slimy little tactics into obstructing other people by lagging them out. It's not even a true "tactic" since you will suffer the same/worse lag due to 2boxing. I have never stated that you break rules, I simply stated your guide is nothing but a low blow to those who play for actually something rewarding. Call it common sense and a touch of honest competition.
            Yes the tactic is approved by others to use, however this shouldn't mean it should be promoted into a "guide", as guides are meant to help everyone on their way, and not obstruct half of them.
            Crystal Saga:
            IGN: speeds
            Server: Windshear Peaks
            Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
            Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
            Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
            IGN: Speeds16
            Server: Temple of Ibalize
            Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

how do i follow if im not ranged?

Comment

This is probably the worst "guide" I have ever read. I play a rogue, know how I win Avernal? Movement speed, Attack speed, Crit % and Crit Damage +%.

I have tactics too. I call them pet skills. If I am sharing a box with other melee classes I use my movement speed buff and throw out SA with mad magic to push the mobs away from melee guys so I can run up and get a bit of extra dps in, if I am sharing a box with magic users I throw out SD/DK with AP so I can push through more Physical Damage. If it's mixed I rotate between FL and Teeka on my hotbar.

This is tactics, not underhanded ** like your "guide" and for the record I would just go to another box and still destroy you in Avernal. Lucky for I don't play on your server. I would make you cry daily and quit the game.

Comment

This is just like the "stealing crops guide". It's a fine guide and all, but prepare to get server wide KoS, afk spot stolen / guarded by high lvl casher that's in evil mode, unless you don't mind that, then it's fine.

Comment

my guide not for all classes, i dont play all classes. it works for ranged classes only. if boss wasnt able to move then most of guide would not work, but it does move and thats what guide keys on. you dont have to follow it, but if you wanna win but get beat by people like xtalonx then try my method

Comment

It's people like you that make me wish Avernal Realm was a PvP area.

Comment

i don't see how this guide works... if you push me out, i'll just come back and over-damage you again since you're not stronger... eventually, i'll catch up if i'm better... no casting skills? really? i'm a rogue and i got QD which has a 2 second activation, and it makes me shoot up the damage... and the whole ''lag them out'' thing will just make you lag more because you have 2 chars on in both platforms so you get lags from both platforms... sorry to say, but your guide fails...
                        I, the master troll, solemnly swear that I am up to no good...

~(°.•)`¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿`(•.°)~
                        Char : (S24)Daggerash
                        Server : Tundara
                        Spouse : (S24)Konoichi
                        Guild : (S6)Athena
                        Awesomeness level : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OVER 9000!!!
                        (屮゚Д゚)屮 щ(゚Д゚щ)

Yes, I have managed to get my avatar to move... U Jelly?

Comment

i dont design the event, i just play event. as for rogue coming back to outdamage me. try to attack boss if it is sitting on portal, you be gone again, and again and then again.
                          no understand why people upset over guide that uses legal stuff to win, outdamage those that would normally win easy. avernal not about easy it about manuvers and tactics and stuff

Comment

i dont design the event, i just play event. as for rogue coming back to outdamage me. try to attack boss if it is sitting on portal, you be gone again, and again and then again.
                            no understand why people upset over guide that uses legal stuff to win, outdamage those that would normally win easy. avernal not about easy it about manuvers and tactics and stuff
                            You don't get what a guide means. A guide is meant for EVERYONE to be able to get further, to 'guide'them through. Not to use some unproofed tactics that don't even work. Just tell me how exactly a lv40 mortal will beat a lv70 scion rogue with this. Even if it was on a portal.

Avernal has no guide except to get stronger to deal more damage.
                            Crystal Saga:
                            IGN: speeds
                            Server: Windshear Peaks
                            Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                            Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                            Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                            IGN: Speeds16
                            Server: Temple of Ibalize
                            Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

First you have to play 1 of the 3 ranged attack classes (Mage/Ranger/Priest)
                              OBJECTION
                              im a Rogue, so far i have always been first in Avernal, and with always i mean ALWAYS

Comment

Working...
                              X