Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character deleted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Character deleted

    What are the possible events wherein R2 will delete a character?
    If a character gets deleted, can we ask for information like where it was last logged in, even IP address only?

  • #2
    R2 themselves will never opt to delete a single toon (they will gear towards banning). There are situations that involve an entire server where R2 may be forced to wipe the server, but it is not common (E.G. beta servers going online).

    You can ask, but it isn't likely R2 will provide that information per security reasons. For example, there are many cases where accounts are shared and the original owner is not the one asking for information, therein lies a conflict of interest.
    Last edited by Reverie; 09-07-2017, 06:55 PM.

    [ Forum can't help you? File a support ticket here ]

    Comment


    • #3
      You mean if, just for example, breaking a rule, let's say major one, the character will be banned and not deleted, correct?

      Delete can only be done by shared account, correct?
      If the character by deleted by someone shared, will R2 give the information detail where the account was last logged in?
      As the owner, you still have the right to trace who among the shared person deleted the character, right?

      Btw, since R2 does not accommodate deleted characters, might as well charge back all the purchases made. Still hoping though that you will answer those questions above.
      Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Avion300k01 View Post
        You mean if, just for example, breaking a rule, let's say major one, the character will be banned and not deleted, correct?
        Correct. The same applies to accounts entirely when found to be in some sort of violation: they are banned, but never deleted.

        Originally posted by Avion300k01 View Post
        Delete can only be done by shared account, correct?
        If the character by deleted by someone shared, will R2 give the information detail where the account was last logged in?
        As the owner, you still have the right to trace who among the shared person deleted the character, right?
        Do they have the last several logins? Sure, but will they just hand it over to the individual who submitted the ticket? Unlikely. Anyone who has account access is able to submit a ticket, and there is no proving that the inquirer is the original account owner. Even if the owner's identity is confirmed, there also is no evidence to show who actually deleted the toon, so one can only assume and R2 does not work with assumptions.

        Originally posted by Avion300k01 View Post
        Btw, since R2 does not accommodate deleted characters, might as well charge back all the purchases made. Still hoping though that you will answer those questions above.
        Thanks.
        Under section 12. Pricing and Payment of our Terms of Use (https://www.r2games.com/public/terms-of-service.html), all purchases made are final and your account will be subject to suspension and/or be permanently banned should there be a chargeback.

        [ Forum can't help you? File a support ticket here ]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Reverie View Post
          Correct. The same applies to accounts entirely when found to be in some sort of violation: they are banned, but never deleted.
          - case closed then. it was deleted by someone shared.

          Do they have the last several logins? Sure, but will they just hand it over to the individual who submitted the ticket? Unlikely. Anyone who has account access is able to submit a ticket, and there is no proving that the inquirer is the original account owner. Even if the owner's identity is confirmed, there also is no evidence to show who actually deleted the toon, so one can only assume and R2 does not work with assumptions.
          - yes, it is ok. as long as we can see the IP change. real owner will provide same IP, the one who deleted will be the only one who logged that account in the time frame the original owner was out.

          Under section 12. Pricing and Payment of our Terms of Use (https://www.r2games.com/public/terms-of-service.html), all purchases made are final and your account will be subject to suspension and/or be permanently banned should there be a chargeback.
          the account can be permanently banned. it does not matter since there is no more character in it. rather take back the money. UNLESS r2 undeletes the character which is i know for sure possible. back to the days when 97% of the total population is active, people with $200+ spendings get back their character and was warned never to share the account again and if found that the account is shared again and deleted, no more 2nd undelete. Trust me, i tried it once.

          ---edit---
          the only reason why they removed this privilege is that r2 became lazy processing this kind of issue. "they shared the account, it is not our problem anymore what happens"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Avion300k01 View Post
            the account can be permanently banned. it does not matter since there is no more character in it. rather take back the money. UNLESS r2 undeletes the character which is i know for sure possible. back to the days when 97% of the total population is active, people with $200+ spendings get back their character and was warned never to share the account again and if found that the account is shared again and deleted, no more 2nd undelete. Trust me, i tried it once.
            If we are talking about the same case as discussed here: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...icket-response, then toon restoration of the original toon is not possible for reasons explained in that thread.

            [ Forum can't help you? File a support ticket here ]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Reverie View Post
              If we are talking about the same case as discussed here: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...icket-response, then toon restoration of the original toon is not possible for reasons explained in that thread.
              no. it is a different case. that one does not have any purchase.

              the character i am concerned has purchase. i made $200 purchase just this past 7 days.

              i do have suspicion though that it was deleted from shared account.
              I also do know that R2 no longer restore deleted characters because it is not their problem.

              my intention in this thread are as follows:

              1. i just want to make sure it was logged in from a different IP and was deleted.
              2. if R2 can exert a little bit of effort typing in a 16-character code that will restore the character especially it is a casher character. (VIP etc and just recently loaded for the 30000 Exquisite Encantment Crystal Pack) and is planning to purchase more but no more character

              Thank you for your time.

              Comment


              • #8
                R2 will not release backend information such as IP addresses as it does pose a security risk. There really is no negotiating that term.

                Furthermore, if your toon was deleted as a result of account sharing, R2's reluctance to restore said toon is not entirely unwarranted. It is not a matter of their laziness, but the player's matter of carelessness. Perhaps they are tired of picking up after these many instances of account-sharing gone wrong. At the end of the day, the ultimate protection against these unfortunate occurrences is simply not to share your login information with anyone.

                [ Forum can't help you? File a support ticket here ]

                Comment


                • #9
                  They did not bother banning the account after the $800-chargeback. Coz they know it does not have any character anymore.

                  Yes. Still I want R2 to say that it was indeed logged in from other IP as a result deleted.
                  They can ban the account after the chargeback, after all, there is no character in there anymore.
                  Thank you for your time. Have a good day.
                  Last edited by Reverie; 09-09-2017, 10:10 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Avion300k01 View Post
                    They did not bother banning the account after the $800-chargeback. Coz they know it does not have any character anymore.

                    Yes. Still I want R2 to say that it was indeed logged in from other IP as a result deleted.
                    They can ban the account after the chargeback, after all, there is no character in there anymore.
                    Thank you for your time. Have a good day.
                    Chargebacks are account-focused, not toon-focused, so there not being a toon in your account wasn't the reasoning behind R2's decision (otherwise they would just ban toons). Whole accounts are banned when R2 has reason to believe the account owner may continue partaking in chargebacks, but I'm glad things worked out for you.

                    [ Forum can't help you? File a support ticket here ]

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X