Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Ultimate Guide To Leveling Pt 2 by DoctorWho

Hello and welcome to the Ultimate Guide to Leveling Pt 2

Scenario #2 "I've joined a server late, and there are already level 40+ I'm doomed!"

No, you're not. First read Ultimate Guide to Leveling Part 1, that will give you the basics, but to compound upon them because the server is NOT new, read on.

If you seriously planning to stay with this server, the first thing you need to do is buy VIP as soon as you can. Level to 13, look at the rankings for the top 2-3 guilds. Talk to a few of the members, from each guild, try to get a feel for the most helpful/active guild. Join the one that seems like it will benefit you the most. Add everybody you can to your friends list, every person you see talking, every person in your guild, every person online. Scan all of their gardens for XP plants. Look for L1 or L2 superior levelers seeds, don't take anything less.

The guild you'll want to have joined will need a decently leveled guild altar, and you'll want to use all of your gold trying to get Stamina Potions off from this, because Stamina Potions = Easy levels until about level 28. Your success depends wholly upon your likability and your guild's helpfulness. You need to make them want to help you, because you ARE the weakest link. Don't make them tell you goodbye. Stay active and show that you intend to rise through the ranks and make a difference, to become one of the best. It is entirely posssible to hit level 30 on a brand new server in a single day, with luck. Its even more possible on an already existing server with a much less degree of luck and a chunk of skillful playing. When you hit level 20, find someone to help you get through your 5 Multiplayer dungeons, remember to use your EXP scroll before you kill the last boss on the first run, and run all 5 in a row, so that you get all 5 boss kills on 1 EXP scroll.

At level 23 start your catacombs runs, and if at all possible start looking into high levels who are willing to run with you during arenas. If you really want to succeed on an older server as a new player, you cant afford to miss World bosses, arenas, or battlegrounds. Really, if you intend to ever succeed, do not skip these. Run catacombs, do all 20 duels, do all 20 bounties(preferably purple+), and spend all stamina every day, you will begin to notice a significant difference about the rate of speed at which you level compared to the common player. While spending your stamina, try to do maps that have a silver chest as well as a mystery box, that way if your silver chest gives you a skeleton key, you may then use it on a mystery box. More loot = stronger character.

By level 35 you should have enough Insignia to buy at least 2 pieces of your 35 pvp set, maybe your full set depending on who helped you grind insignias during arenas. Buy your full 35 set as quickly as possible. If you were unable to get help and never got anywhere with your 35 pvp gear, skip this step entirely and save 3000 insignia for your level 45 set. 45 may seem like a long way away, but its really not. You'll need 3000 insignia and 800 crypt tokens for a full level 45 set, as long as you're focuses on leveling quickly and attending all server events, you will catch up to the high level players, for a lower level to catch a high level is easy, for a high level to stay ahead of a low level is hard, remember this. If you are more proactive about the strength of your character, you will grow in strength whilst the high level players grow stagnant, only the most vigilant high level players will stay ahead of you in strength, but that is the risk you take by starting on an old server.

By 45 your guild should have helped you so that you can get into a full level 45 set of gear and hopefully you are around warrior rank for honor as well, now you have the best PVP gear thats released on non-asian servers to date, begin to farm insignias for your medallion in order to become a real threat in PVP. Try to never miss a Battleground no matter what, afk them if you have to, but honor is important, its the difference between a strong player and an immortal player.

Just remember: Experience is the hardest thing in the entire game to get, everything else can be gotten one way or another...so never "stop leveling until you have enough X", keep levelling and sooner or later you'll catch up, as long as you stay active and diligent.
    Best guide evar!
    7.69%
    Very Helpful
    30.77%
    Somewhat Helpful
    23.08%
    Not Helpful
    0.00%
    Never write another guide...Please
    38.46%
    IGN: DoctorWho
    Server: 26
    Guild:Ghosts
    Class: Archer
    Level: 53

All good suggestions, but not suited for many people since the game becomes too much like a job.

Comment

If you want to be the best, it basically IS a job.

Comment

So I am guessing level 50 is lev cap?

Comment

Originally posted by R25311603 View Post
          So I am guessing level 50 is lev cap?
          Level cap is 80, but we haven't seen one reached that yet.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

this game is for FUN and if it becomes like a JOB it will be boring and boredom = quitting
            so never write a guide again please
            Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
            [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

It is true that this guide is not really focused on a casual player. But the guide seems to be written for people who want to maximize* their (pardon the term) power leveling experience. The only thing I do not really understand is why this needed to be in a separate post than the 'Part 1' guide. The title is misleading as it leads one to assume it is a continuation of the previous thread instead of a different chapter all together.

*These people are also commonly coined as; Min/Maxers, Hardcore or rarely Elitist.

Comment

Originally posted by Demintia View Post
                It is true that this guide is not really focused on a casual player. But the guide seems to be written for people who want to maximize* their (pardon the term) power leveling experience. The only thing I do not really understand is why this needed to be in a separate post than the 'Part 1' guide. The title is misleading as it leads one to assume it is a continuation of the previous thread instead of a different chapter all together.

*These people are also commonly coined as; Min/Maxers, Hardcore or rarely Elitist.
                Ah, yeah, sorry about the misdirection as far as a Continuation of the "1st day guide".... But yes, this is a guide meant to be built solely around being the highest level in the shortest period of time. This guide was made for the "Rewards for guides part the fourth" forum event, I have MANY things to add as far as HOW to play your character, but as far as "Leveling alone" goes, this is a LEVELING guide and nothing else...just like the event requested, and yes, this is for the "Hardcore, elitist, min/maxer" who wants to be the TOP of their server, or at least a name worth mentioning among the top players.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyorinmaru6 View Post
                  this game is for FUN and if it becomes like a JOB it will be boring and boredom = quitting
                  so never write a guide again please
                  You're a very scornful and sad person aren't you? Have you ever won an arena team? Ever? You're probably the most average player on your sever aren't you. Sorry you play for "fun" and not to "win"...it must be godawfully boring to lose every arena fight and be ranked 500/1000 in solo arenas...

Comment

so to sum it all up in addition to a generous guide by the doctor all we need is an all day game play :P well i cant do that thing so the guide is not for me =.="
                    :DIn the end everything will be ok, if it's not then it's not the end yet, so just smile:D
                    :cool:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called "present". - Master Oogway of Kungfu Panda:cool:

Comment

congrats your guide is awesome.

But if you want more awesome,try fix your alignment.

the font,the size,the color and the space from paragraph to paragraph.

try to use bullets and numberings and picture too.

if you do that,your guide is easier to read and to understand.

that is all i want to suggest to you.to make your guide more wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukkitamain View Post
                        congrats your guide is awesome.

But if you want more awesome,try fix your alignment.

the font,the size,the color and the space from paragraph to paragraph.

try to use bullets and numberings and picture too.

if you do that,your guide is easier to read and to understand.

that is all i want to suggest to you.to make your guide more wonderful.

WARNING!!!
                        WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!!

We have a perfectionist~~~

I like this idea though
                        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

[QUOTE=DeathRiver;287602]

WARNING!!!
                          WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!!

I dont know if the term is right but that might be an obssessive-compulsive behavior?, though i agree with what he said too lol would be much easier to read if doctor does that no offense to the doctor you got a nice guide
                          :DIn the end everything will be ok, if it's not then it's not the end yet, so just smile:D
                          :cool:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called "present". - Master Oogway of Kungfu Panda:cool:

Comment

I'm awful with making what I type look....readable..Sorry

Comment

Question: I still have no idea where you do warrior duels, is it a button?

Comment

Working...
                              X