flash player version for mini-client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash player version for mini-client

Which Adobe Flash Player version I have to use so that Wartune Mini-Client would actually work? https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...-versions.html

Originally posted by F00GLT View Post
    Which Adobe Flash Player version I have to use so that Wartune Mini-Client would actually work? https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...-versions.html
    I have the latest version flash 20.0.0.267 and it isn't recognized by R2 mini client version 1.3 today...

Comment

Well it just stopped working recently right? Try downgrading to one of the 19.x versions - and working backwards. Other than that don't know, good luck.

Comment

I have the same problem. The MiniClient was working perfectly well (OK, was working as "well" as it usually does) when I had one the daily dozen screen freezes and had to refresh.

Clicking to restart the Mini-Client I saw the Dread and Dire Words "Downloading update"

. . . . WHY R2, can't you leave things alone? . . . . or at least Beta Test the updates thoroughly?

Yup, as expected, it installed the latest disaster from the R2 Developers and immediately decided it doesn't like the Flash Version (20.0.0.267) within my O/S Win 8.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash2671.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1722926

Oh Deep Joy.

I have read the other threads on here which helpfully tell players to "Revert to an earlier Version of Flash (e.g. 20.0.0.220)",
        which would be just fine except Win8 / Win8.1 / Win.10 has an integrated Flash function, and I cannot see any obvious way
        to retro-load the installed version to an earlier one (maybe I'm just too stupid?)

This is supposed to be a GAME. Defined, I think, as:
        • 1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
        • 2. an activity that one engages in for amusement. e.g. "a computer game"

Although R2 seem hell bent on making it into some form of "competitive activity" where the challenge is to keep the Game running,
        I personally don't find this constant battle to find one after another work-around for their meddling to be "an activity that one engages in for amusement"

Does anyone have a straight-forward solution for this Flash Version issue?

Comment

Originally posted by TisOnlyi View Post
          . . . . WHY R2, can't you leave things alone? . . . . or at least Beta Test the updates thoroughly?
          To be fair, this is likely adobes fault.

Does anyone have a straight-forward solution for this Flash Version issue?
          I don't have the mini-client so this is all speculation on my part, but here goes.

1) Go to your favorite search engine and search for 'uninstall flash player'. - Or go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

2) Run the downloadable program that you should get, it should uninstall flash player.

3) Open up the mini-client and ensure that no flash-player is registered. If it shows that error still, it means you have another flash player installed. In most cases it will probably mean you have another browser, change browsers and do the exact same thing. If necessary, open the control panel and manually look for 'adobe flash player' on the list of installed programs. In the case of windows 8.1, you may have to go to the internet explorer -> 'gear menu' -> 'manage add-ons' and then physically remove flash player(shockwave player). The uninstaller should work though.

4) After you have ensured flash player is no longer installed when opening the mini-client, download a new flash version.

Version of Flash (e.g. 20.0.0.220)
          I cannot say if this is the correct version or not. More versions available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...-versions.html , or search for 'archived flash versions', and be sure to download from the official site.

5) Go back to step one(1) you are getting the error about it not being compatible.

6) If you are getting a black screen, or it's not loading or something... I'm not sure, we'll have to figure that out.

7) It may be necessary to ensure you don't have auto updates on your browser(s). They will install the latest version of flash, and force you to restart the process.
          Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-05-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks Alsatia01, for taking the time to reply.

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
            1)To be fair, this is likely adobes fault.
            Fair enough, the basic error is a result of something in Adobe code, but the R2 Mini-Client was working perfectly well (oops, I mean "at its optimum") until it insisted on updating itself this afternoon.
            Hence my irritation that the Brand New and Much Improved Mini-Client update has had the effect of preventing me from using it.

1) Go to your favorite search engine and search for 'uninstall flash player'. - Or go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player...r-windows.html

2) Run the downloadable program that you should get, it should uninstall flash player.
            Sadly, unless I am missing something really obvious, it is not possible to uninstall the flash player that is integrated with Win8 / Win8.1 / Win10 and therein lies the problem. Win7 (ah, the halcyon days of Win 7 before desktop computers had to pretend to be Tablets for the hard-of-thinking) had Flash as an add-on and permitted deletion and version changes. The Adobe site itself (adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html) states, "These instructions are NOT applicable to Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and later, or for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10"

The only recommendation I have found to address a Flash version issue, is to "Update Internet Explorer to download the latest version of Flash". Which is where I got Version 20.0.0.267 (the one R2 says "update to the latest version of flash or earlier")

The fix that worked for me (last time the Mini-Client updated itself) was to dodge the bullet by reverting my machine back a few days, but that is not something I want to do more than once or twice. So I shall now do what I should have done originally and upgrade my O/S to Win 10 in the forlorn hope that the game will (might, just maybe) be playable in the Browser.
            Last edited by TisOnlyi; 01-05-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R263691101 View Post
              • Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)
              See if you have this in program files. Supposedly it causes problems.

Sadly, unless I am missing something really obvious, it is not possible to uninstall the flash player that is integrated with Win8 / Win8.1 / Win10 and therein lies the problem. Win7 (ah, the halcyon days of Win 7 before desktop computers had to pretend to be Tablets for the hard-of-thinking) had Flash as an add-on and permitted deletion and version changes. The Adobe site itself (adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html) states, "These instructions are NOT applicable to Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and later, or for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10"
              Can you not go to the 'cog menu' and physically remove it from manage add-ons section? That's a really weird decision on Microsoft's part.
              Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-05-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

See if you have this in program files. Supposedly it causes problems.
                Thank you again Alsatia. I had previously removed the Windows Update (KB3132372) that was reported as causing problems, and then hid it to prevent re-installation (using wushowhide.diagcab). I believe this removal works for most users, but unfortunately it did not for me.

I have now upgraded my O/S from Win8.1 to Win10, after deleting the R2 Client. So far (touch wood, etc.) the re-downloaded R2 Client is working on the newly installed Win10 O/S
                Can you not go to the 'cog menu' and physically remove it from manage add-ons section? That's a really weird decision on Microsoft's part.
                No, you cannot remove the integrated Flash from Win8/8.1/10 with the Tools Menu (I believe it can be disabled, but the user is then left with no Flash capability), nor can it be removed with the Adobe removal tool.
                Apparently Google Chrome is the same (as MSIE & MS|EDGE) and also has a specific Flash element integrated rather than using an add-on. I wholeheartedly agree it is one of Microsoft's more weird decisions.

I don't know if it is relevant, or if it was simply a waste of effort: but since upgrading to Win10 I now have Firefox as my Default Browser as I KNOW that application does use the 'original' Adobe Flash Player.

The R2 MiniClient is working now. The next acid-test will be if it decides to update itself in the next few days and whether that replicates the problem.

============================================================================================================
                LOL - I spoke too soon (the "Murray Walker Effect": went AFK for 30 mins and came back to a "Network Lost" box. All attempts to rejoin Wartune (or League of Angel: tried as a test) now result in
                Click image for larger version

Name:	GamesClientHasStoppedWorking.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1722934
                Bangs head on wall!

Using Browser to enter games now - given up on MiniClients
                Last edited by TisOnlyi; 01-06-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

LOL - I spoke too soon (the "Murray Walker Effect": went AFK for 30 mins and came back to a "Network Lost" box. All attempts to rejoin Wartune (or League of Angel: tried as a test) now result in
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]157037[/ATTACH]
                  Bangs head on wall!

Using Browser to enter games now - given up on MiniClients
                  Murphy's law in full effect.... Really sorry to see that, hope it gets fixed soon. Previous version of the mini-client? (No mini-client on my platform so forgive my ignorance, if that's not an option)

Comment

Yes in Edge/Explorer for Windows 10, flash is integrated that no separate download is needed (don't know why they went with that, but okay). However, I did post a work around (complete instructions) through another thread that I am going to link it here:

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1486457
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

always searching how make mini client working with saving cache
                      till im surrender
                      Server - 389

Class - Knight

Lv - 80

BR 2,59Mil - (Include Kids and 2 Slyphs)

Comment

why not admit the devs cant make game run properly with every new patch the game gets harder to run on any comp windows 10 windows 8 as all they are doing is putting layer upon layer and never fixing anything as there combined knowledge of programming is nil .I know it a Chinese game maybe they should just leave it in Chinese as I cant stand any of the sounds so play with volume off

Comment

Working...
                        X