test to see if i can post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test to see if i can post

people are having even more problems posting in forums.

I logged in under a baby account that has never posted, to see if it could post in the forums. Yet when I make the post, it is my main account that is posting the message (and yes, i had logged it off).

Meantime, others in my guild cannot post, even when logging in thru their R2 account, going to forum section, and clicking on a post to get to forums.

This is getting even worse than the original forum posting mess.
    Last edited by Gremlinz; 04-29-2016, 08:24 PM.
    Gremlin
    Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

For you- log out of the forum, log out of your R2 account, log back in to your R2 account, head to the forum. Is your baby account showing as the logged in account at the top of the forum page?

For the others- how long are they waiting between the time they log into their R2 account through the home page, not the client, and then head to the forum? Generally, logging in through the home page and then heading to the forum right after should result in being logged in on the forum. They may want to check the Remember Me box when they log in, in case that's causing the issue. All logins are cookie based, and some of the cookies expire, but I have had times when I've had to clear my cookies (I just go in and delete all the R2 cookies... I like my other cookies) in order for the forum to recognize I had a new cookie for it.

I'm interested in seeing the outcome of those suggestions.

I do understand the frustration with the forum log in process. I am positive there would be a lot more complaints about the login process if everyone was actually able to log in, so I also understand that just because there's only a handful of posts about it since the new platform rolled out, that this is an issue many are experiencing, and my suggestions to attempt to help some get around the issues is in no way discrediting the issue itself.

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
      For you- log out of the forum, log out of your R2 account, log back in to your R2 account, head to the forum. Is your baby account showing as the logged in account at the top of the forum page?

For the others- how long are they waiting between the time they log into their R2 account through the home page, not the client, and then head to the forum? Generally, logging in through the home page and then heading to the forum right after should result in being logged in on the forum. They may want to check the Remember Me box when they log in, in case that's causing the issue. All logins are cookie based, and some of the cookies expire, but I have had times when I've had to clear my cookies (I just go in and delete all the R2 cookies... I like my other cookies) in order for the forum to recognize I had a new cookie for it.

I'm interested in seeing the outcome of those suggestions.

I do understand the frustration with the forum log in process. I am positive there would be a lot more complaints about the login process if everyone was actually able to log in, so I also understand that just because there's only a handful of posts about it since the new platform rolled out, that this is an issue many are experiencing, and my suggestions to attempt to help some get around the issues is in no way discrediting the issue itself.
      The log out of all accounts and log back in worked for all. ty
      Gremlin
      Mage on Oceanic Server 534

(Previously a mage on West Coast Server 168)

Comment

Glad to hear that worked. Thank you for letting me know

Comment

Working...
        X